Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Default New Illuminati lineup Spoiler Thanos #1

The new Illuminati revealed in Thanos #1 brings in some new members to the group who don't actually name themselves as the Illuminati in the story, but who are officially identified as such in the solicitation for the issue. The new roster includes Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Emma Frost, Doctor Strange, and Blue Marvel
    https://www.gamesradar.com/thanos-1-...tent=newsarama
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Loving the new lineup! Really looking forward to seeing them interact and get into action.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Any theories on who the new character is? Perhaps the secret daughter of Thanos and Death that this new Illuminati mindwiped and created a false identity for?

Extraordinary Member

Hulk is not in issue 1 but he is in 2.
    He is not shown in issue 3 on the cover however.
    Did thanos knock him out in issue 2?
    Maybe he was used as a distraction since he is highly aggressive and is going after monster types.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-08-2023 at 03:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Looking at the lineup I'm stumped as to what Emma Frost being there brings to the party besides two copious handfuls of medical-grade silicone.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Looking at the lineup I'm stumped as to what Emma Frost being there brings to the party besides two copious handfuls of medical-grade silicone.
    She replaces Prof. X, a telepath, but I suspect her connection with IM is more to the point, so a sense of dynamics.
    Mind you, not every original Illuminati has a direct replacement if any.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    She replaces Prof. X, a telepath, but I suspect her connection with IM is more to the point, so a sense of dynamics.
    Fair enough, replace the telepathic mutant member with another mutant telepath from the same group affiliation... I thought she might be there dogging Stark but, I wasn't sure if it was not Rhodes in the Iron Man Armor. Btw... Does anyone know which model of armor Rhodes is currently sporting?
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-08-2023 at 03:42 PM.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, she would bring more than Xavier, given her loose morals, Hellfire Club contacts, in addition to her telepathic skill.

Mighty Member

Btw... Does anyone know which model of armor Rhodes is currently sporting?
    That would be the orange prison jumpsuit armor.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Blue Marvel looking very much like the kid who only joined the school soccer team because his parents made him.

Marvel editorial, please give him a new costume. And please tell your writers to stop penning him like he's Reed's mentee and understudy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    That would be the orange prison jumpsuit armor.
    Umm... I don't get it. Was that meant to be humorous?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Apparently it wasn't about replacements at all, Cantwell wanted an illuminati of characters that he already wrote
    I pulled from characters I’ve written before. That’s true for all of them except Emma. I’ve gotten to write Reed in Doctor Doom, and the Fantastic Four: Road Trip annual I did. Blue Marvel was also heavily in Doctor Doom, and Strange appeared in both Doctor Doom and Hellcat. And Iron Man appeared in a book called Iron Man that I wrote for a few years. Greedily, I had tried to put Doom and Namor in the Illuminati as well, just to have everyone I’ve written be on the Illuminati, even Captain America[
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/06/x-...ntwell-thanos/
    With Xavier kinda crazy and Beast being full on villain, I don't know who else besides Emma could have been mutant rep.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Umm... I don't get it. Was that meant to be humorous?
    Rhodes got arrested in Cantwell's run... or was it Duggan's?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Is that so? Has James been detained ever since then?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It was recently in Duggan’s run.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark