Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Is that so? Has James been detained ever since then?
    Yeah. She-Hulk is trying to get him out currently.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm gonna speculate that Roberta may be an amnesiac Black Swan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah. She-Hulk is trying to get him out currently.
    Well, damn I am behind... Might you have a title and issue number I can reference to catch up with been going on with Rhodes?

Emma Frost with "I'm the token girl and I'm owning it" vibe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Emma Frost with "I'm the token girl and I'm owning it" vibe.
    I mean, unironic girlboss is one of her things

Ewings going to have to devote so much time to fixing Adam after this, considering how much Adam hates secret cabals and despises Tony and Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Blue Marvel looking very much like the kid who only joined the school soccer team because his parents made him.

Marvel editorial, please give him a new costume. And please tell your writers to stop penning him like he's Reed's mentee and understudy.
    If Cantwell's previous handling of Blue Marvel is any indication you might not want him to to stay long enough to get a new costume, lol. Me I'm sitting back and laughing at the tried and true one for one quota swap. Things change, but things also stay the same.

Ultimate Member

Looking at the lineup I'm stumped as to what Emma Frost being there brings to the party besides two copious handfuls of medical-grade silicone.
    She did used to able to refine and use functioning psi-tech, like the mind-switch mechanism she used to hijack Storm's body and powers, which makes her at least as qualified to be in the same room with Tony, Adam and Reed as Dr. Strange.

But that was a minute ago, and most people who see Emma see the stuff she pushes forward for them to notice, and ignore the more dangerous stuff above and behind.

The thing with the Illuminati is that they were not meant to be simply just another superhero group, but a secret cabal of superheroes with great influence and clout. Kings like Namor and Black Bolt, leaders on their fields like Stark, Richards, and Strange, and so on. Xavier was not there as the token mutant, he was there as the leader of the mutant community.

Emma Frost and Blue Marvel may be fine as characters in general, but being here is way above their pay grade. If they wanted to have a woman in there to fill some representation quota, it could have been Madelyne Pryor, the queen of hell. And for someone black, Nick Fury would be right at home in a secret cabal like this.

Looking at the lineup I'm stumped as to what Emma Frost being there brings to the party besides two copious handfuls of medical-grade silicone.
    That's pretty misogynistic. She's shown to have a genius intellect and has a very strategical mind. Plus she's one of the MU's top telepaths and she's obviously there to represent mutants, because they always have at least one in the group. To mention her breasts as her biggest contributions says more about you than about how she has been presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    The thing with the Illuminati is that they were not meant to be simply just another superhero group, but a secret cabal of superheroes with great influence and clout. Kings like Namor and Black Bolt, leaders on their fields like Stark, Richards, and Strange, and so on. Xavier was not there as the token mutant, he was there as the leader of the mutant community.

Emma Frost and Blue Marvel may be fine as characters in general, but being here is way above their pay grade. If they wanted to have a woman in there to fill some representation quota, it could have been Madelyne Pryor, the queen of hell. And for someone black, Nick Fury would be right at home in a secret cabal like this.
    I mean, Emma was basically running Krakoa. She is one of the most influential characters around. She may not be the regent of a nation, but she has way more sway than Madelyne, who could lose her position any minute.
    Blue Marvel I agree with. He really does not have particular influence over a unique corner of the MU like the others tend to have. I'd take him as a replacement of Reed, but with Mr. Fantastic available, he's just a genius who sadly doesn't have a big role at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I mean, Emma was basically running Krakoa. She is one of the most influential characters around. She may not be the regent of a nation, but she has way more sway than Madelyne, who could lose her position any minute.
    Blue Marvel I agree with. He really does not have particular influence over a unique corner of the MU like the others tend to have. I'd take him as a replacement of Reed, but with Mr. Fantastic available, he's just a genius who sadly doesn't have a big role at all.
    Also Blue Marvel is supposed to hate Illuminatti organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    "Emma was basically running Krakoa"

Key word: was.
    That's beside the point. I don't see you complaining about Tony's inclusion, but he's also not in the best position right now.
    They're both characters guaranteed to have strong roles in their respective franchises, so that's why they're included. Not because of whatever is happening to them this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also Blue Marvel is supposed to hate Illuminatti organizations.
    But the Ultimates, didn't they operated in secret?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The Illuminatti is a concept that I really wish they would just let go. All it does is make whoever is involved in it look worse and mess up things for everybody else.