Default Marvel Pocket Books- how are they to read?

Has anybody on here ever got one of the Pocket Books that Marvel puts out? I'm curious as to how a comic translates to that smaller size. I'm wanting to pick up the Deathlok the Demolisher: Origins Pocket Book because it's cheaper than the Complete Collection they're putting out, but I'm hesitant that it's going to be annoying to read (especially with Deathlok; those comics are SO wordy). Has anybody had any experience with them, and if so, how do you like them?
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Has anybody on here ever got one of the Pocket Books that Marvel puts out? I'm curious as to how a comic translates to that smaller size. I'm wanting to pick up the Deathlok the Demolisher: Origins Pocket Book because it's cheaper than the Complete Collection they're putting out, but I'm hesitant that it's going to be annoying to read (especially with Deathlok; those comics are SO wordy). Has anybody had any experience with them, and if so, how do you like them?
    I have the 2 Kirkman Antman pocketbooks, and they are fine (especially because I got them for really cheap) but I also had a Pannini X-men pocketbook (Claremont stuff) and that was a bit pain in the @ss to read, the binding was really tight (it was like a pocketbook with the binding of a regular sized book). The art was small but enjoyable, but I prefer the b&w essentials.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I've read a fair few of the pocket books. The earlier ones are tight, but in the last few years the binding has become a lot better (although also £2 more, now £6.99 each). It's fair enough if there is no alternative reprinting or an out of print collection, but I would say it's more worth for your money (increased page count, full size reproduction, better graphic design) in getting the Complete Collection. You'll probably be able to find it for £15 online, if not less (this has been my experience with Complete Collections, anyway.)