Default Spider-Man House of M

Give me your thoughts on this miniseries. It is probably one of the wildest takes on the Spider-Man mythos.

Even though it's a tie-in to the main House of M series, it has a giant plot hole regarding to it the size of Saturn. Mainly in that Spider-Man in this story loses his fame and fakes his suicide, while in the main series, he was depicted as still being famous. Mutants in this universe doesn't seem very forgiving but them forgiving Peter, leading to him regaining his fame seems to be the only explanation.

Another, albeit small incongruence is how Flash Thompson is heavily implied to be employed under Peter Parker in the Spider-Man mini, while in the Iron Man House of M series, he was a news reporter or a journalist (forgot which one). This can be explained fairly easily though as a career change or maybe a double job. Also, even though they invoked him, they still didn't mention Flash by name in the Spider-Man series IIRC.

This Spider-Man was killed by Karn in Spider-Verse but somehow still had a cameo in Spider-Geddon. The two must be different versions, not sure which of his appearances would be canon to 58163.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 11-09-2023 at 03:26 AM.

To me they are not the same. My headcanon is that the one written by Waid is a different character in a very similar universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    To me they are not the same. My headcanon is that the one written by Waid is a different character in a very similar universe.
    If we go with that, we could say that the HoM Spider-Man killed by Karn in the first Spider-Verse could be the main HoM event Spider-Man, while the one participating in the Spider-Geddon could be the one from the Spider-Man mini, or vice versa.

Although I personally like to think both the main HoM series and the Spider-Man HoM mini are the same universe. I just explain the inconsistencies away in my mind.