Astonishing Member

Default Black Widows vs Dora Milajes

MCU versions of both Warriors(they didn't just come with Natasha Romanoff and Okoye) and they can include anonymous ones, and here's the scenarios:
    1. h2h only fights
    2. both fighters got their standard equipment
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

HtH fight is pretty much 50/50.

With gear, well, what's standard? Widows use guns (including automatic weapons), bombs, mini-AoE stunny things, etc. DM's use magic sticks, mostly, but also magic indestructible hover flying ships.

If it's automatic weapons versus sticks at 100 feet, Widows all day. If it's magic indestructible hover flying ships? Yeah, DMs will crush.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Aren't those magic sticks the same ones that shoot projectiles that blow up tanks though?

H2H only known of the Dora have enough feats on their own to beat Widow. The ones from Falcon and the Winter Soldier can made trade blows with her fairly well, but that’s about it feat wise.

With gear Natasha just shots them between the eyes…

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Aren't those magic sticks the same ones that shoot projectiles that blow up tanks though?
    I don't think that the Doras are shown doing that, are they? The regular Wakanda soldiers use pew-pew sticks, but the Doras generally just seem to carry Vibranium spears that grow and shrink.

If the Doras used better kit for war, kit that is, FWIW, easily available in their country, sure. But they don't seem to do that IIRC, so it's not really standard.

AR-15s are easily available in the US, and I have an American passport, but they sure as heck aren't in my standard load out.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't think that the Doras are shown doing that, are they? The regular Wakanda soldiers use pew-pew sticks, but the Doras generally just seem to carry Vibranium spears that grow and shrink.

If the Doras used better kit for war, kit that is, FWIW, easily available in their country, sure. But they don't seem to do that IIRC, so it's not really standard.

AR-15s are easily available in the US, and I have an American passport, but they sure as heck aren't in my standard load out.

I was just speaking of the cuff hehe, all i remember was killmonger once saying that a single vibranium spear can oneshot a tank, not sure if the dora milaje have a different one, but it would seem odd that the wakandan version of the navy seals have weaker gear then a run of the mill wakandan grunt.

Also remember 3 dora's able to nearly beat a black panther, if it was'nt for the new BP suit. then again, 1 black widow also staggered a black panther with one of those electrical thingies. meh whatever happens i think it would be a great fight.

Extraordinary Member

A group of Dora Milaje were able to take out armed soldiers in Wakanda Forever, including what I'm fairly sure is a case of bullet timing

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I see multiple bullet deflections in that clip.

Nothing like film-makers having no real grasp on speed, etc. *sigh*. So we have one instance of bullet-timing that’s contradicted by pretty much everything else in the MCU so far…how do their other feats and Panther’s stack up in this movie?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I see multiple bullet deflections in that clip.

Nothing like film-makers having no real grasp on speed, etc. *sigh*. So we have one instance of bullet-timing that’s contradicted by pretty much everything else in the MCU so far…how do their other feats and Panther’s stack up in this movie?
    I wouldn't say contradicted so much as unsupported. Most MCU speedfeats involve energy blasts rather thany anything whose speed we can actually measure.

Now as for other feats, in the movie both Namor and Shuri have feats of reacting to aircraft in flight. Scaling them to Namor would be a stretch but you might be able to argue for Shuri.

Looking at The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, The Dora Milaju there are able to keep up in a fight against Bucky. In Civll War, Bucky in murder mode fought evenly with T'Challa.

(Bucky also fights Black Widow in Civil War, and beats her, but that was a Bucky who is trying significantly harder than when he was fighting the Dora Milaje)

Now, much has been said about how little since it makes for Cap and Bucky to be able to hurt Iron Man in Civil War, but in that fight Bucky and Cap were able to keep up with Iron Man, and way back in the first Iron Man movie, Iron Man was able to dodge a shot from a tank.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There are a whole lot of ‘keeps up with’ in there. I get what you’re saying, but scaling isn’t a big thing hereabouts versus actual feats that are consistent with the character.

That said there are some hidden speed feats and such through the MCU. They’re just not often explicit. And contradicted by other things, which is a problem.

As for reacting to aircraft in flight, the worth of that is rather dependant on the scene and the feat. . Happen to have a clip?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There are a whole lot of ‘keeps up with’ in there. I get what you’re saying, but scaling isn’t a big thing hereabouts versus actual feats that are consistent with the character.

That said there are some hidden speed feats and such through the MCU. They’re just not often explicit. And contradicted by other things, which is a problem.

As for reacting to aircraft in flight, the worth of that is rather dependant on the scene and the feat. . Happen to have a clip?
    It's spread across a couple scenes.

Here's Shuri's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBIRtaGZ1Jk

EDIT:

Video isn't embedding for some reason