Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

He won't be leader in the MCU though. Kamala's the one recruiting everyone, she'll be the leader, like she is for the Champions in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Don’t discount Pinpoint so quickly. The MCU is in dire need of Indian Subcontinent characters.
    Problem is, he didn't get a lot of development in the comics, and his power is creating portals for teleportation, which overlaps with America Chavez. We don't even know his origin. Also, Indian subcontinent? Pakistan is in that region, so Kamala already fills that niche.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-12-2023 at 04:27 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm assuming it'll be Kamala, Kate, America, Riri, Billy, Tommy, Eli, and a left-field choice.

Ugh, I figured this was going to happen. It's not the YA I wanted but whatever. I do wonder what they'll be called. Young Avengers is the bigger more famous name and everyone is already calling it that, but Champions is more age-neutral. Young Champions...doesn't sound as cool.

All the female members are ready to go right now. Kate and Kamala are in. Cassie is 99% confirmed. That just leaves America and Riri. There is no reason to leave either of them out.

On the boys side there is like what? Wiccan and Skaar. Eli is barely a character right now so I would wait for the new Captain America movie to see if they do anything with him. Wiccan is coming in the Agatha show. Skaar is here and Hulkling isn't. I honestly don't think Teddy is coming at least not in the traditional sense. Tommy is a character I can see them waiting on as it'll give Billy sequel hooks.

So based on who is here and who is ready/going to be ready: Kate, Kamala, Cassie, Skaar, Billy, America, Riri, and maybe Eli? That's a lot. And again if they want to make it a trilogy (if it doesn't get scrapped beforehand) they can always bring the others in for sequels.

Have I missed anyone? I haven't take into account Thor Jr. and Black Panther Jr. because I honestly don't think either are joining being too young ironically enough.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 11-12-2023 at 08:05 AM.

Fantastic Member

If there indeed would be young team, Champions seems like a better name than Young Avengers since unlike characters in comics the actors wouldn't stay young forever so the name would quickly became obsolete.

It is hard to predict who would be the members since we don't know when the new team would debut. Given how many delays there already were, it is unlikely for new movies/tv series to be added into schedule before the currently announced comes out. And there is a big difference in ages between actors and actresses of the currently introduced characters, that would become more noticeable the longer Marvel waits to gather the team. The youngest, Xochitl Gomez, is 17 years old, while actresses for Kate, Cassie and Ironheart are all already 26, same age as Elizabeth Olsen when she first played Wanda in Age of Ultron and a year older than Scarlett Johansson when she first played Black Widow in Iron Man 2. So, maybe the new team would not be Young Avengers or Champions but simply Avengers, and "Avengers: The Kang Dynasty" would be their first movie as a team. Even without any more delays it would come out only in 2026 so even the youngest Gomez would be almost the same age as Tom Holland when he first played Spider-Man, while actresses for Kate, Cassie and Ironheart would be 29-30, same age as Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Brie Larson, etc., when they joined MCU so it would be strange for them to be in the young team.

With the age difference of actors, it would have made more sense for Kate, Cassie and Ironheart to directly join the Avengers, while Ms. Marvel, America, Wiccan and Eli (plus maybe Tommy, Teddy and some of the Champions like Miles, Viv Vision, etc.) becomes a young team. Maybe they would start all as one team, gathered together in "Avengers: The Kang Dynasty" and then some of them "graduate" and become main Avengers by the end of the movie while others stay in a young team and appear next in their own movie/tv series otherwise it is already too many characters for one team.

From a business perspective, I see no reason to choose the name Champions over Young Avengers. It's an obscure cast of characters being played by mostly unfamiliar actors. They're going to need all the brand recognition they can get. Even with the actors aging, they'll still be relatively young compared to the old Avengers.

As for Skaar, ugh, that dude was disturbing and I personally never want to see him again. If he truly winds up being the replacement for Teddy, then Marvel Studios is confirmed homophobic, eh? They have no excuse for not introducing him, with how heavily the skrulls and Kree have been present.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    If there indeed would be young team, Champions seems like a better name than Young Avengers since unlike characters in comics the actors wouldn't stay young forever so the name would quickly became obsolete.

It is hard to predict who would be the members since we don't know when the new team would debut. Given how many delays there already were, it is unlikely for new movies/tv series to be added into schedule before the currently announced comes out. And there is a big difference in ages between actors and actresses of the currently introduced characters, that would become more noticeable the longer Marvel waits to gather the team. The youngest, Xochitl Gomez, is 17 years old, while actresses for Kate, Cassie and Ironheart are all already 26, same age as Elizabeth Olsen when she first played Wanda in Age of Ultron and a year older than Scarlett Johansson when she first played Black Widow in Iron Man 2. So, maybe the new team would not be Young Avengers or Champions but simply Avengers, and "Avengers: The Kang Dynasty" would be their first movie as a team. Even without any more delays it would come out only in 2026 so even the youngest Gomez would be almost the same age as Tom Holland when he first played Spider-Man, while actresses for Kate, Cassie and Ironheart would be 29-30, same age as Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Brie Larson, etc., when they joined MCU so it would be strange for them to be in the young team.

With the age difference of actors, it would have made more sense for Kate, Cassie and Ironheart to directly join the Avengers, while Ms. Marvel, America, Wiccan and Eli (plus maybe Tommy, Teddy and some of the Champions like Miles, Viv Vision, etc.) becomes a young team. Maybe they would start all as one team, gathered together in "Avengers: The Kang Dynasty" and then some of them "graduate" and become main Avengers by the end of the movie while others stay in a young team and appear next in their own movie/tv series otherwise it is already too many characters for one team.
    The age thing is really weird. They're taking so long to introduce the team that by the time it launches, some of them really will have no place in a "young" team. But movies and TV constantly have actors in their 30s playing teenagers, so maybe that's what they're counting on?
    A lot of Marvel's choices surrounding this generation's casting and timing of introduction have been weird as hell. We have Yelena the same as Kate, but America is much younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    From a business perspective, I see no reason to choose the name Champions over Young Avengers. It's an obscure cast of characters being played by mostly unfamiliar actors. They're going to need all the brand recognition they can get. Even with the actors aging, they'll still be relatively young compared to the old Avengers.

As for Skaar, ugh, that dude was disturbing and I personally never want to see him again. If he truly winds up being the replacement for Teddy, then Marvel Studios is confirmed homophobic, eh? They have no excuse for not introducing him, with how heavily the skrulls and Kree have been present.
    The Kree and Skrull suck though. Kree are boring and Sjrulls got ruined in SI.

I very much doubt they'll ever make a YJ movie at this point. They might get a Dis+ series, but it would look disastrous. Maybe they should take a page from DC and try an animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    The Kree and Skrull suck though. Kree are boring and Sjrulls got ruined in SI.
    I agree! But that's still no excuse for introducing Billy and not Teddy, when the prominent gay couple was the most important aspect of the YA team. Marvel executives are huge idiots if they think they could get away with that. But all hollywood executives are idiots, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He won't be leader in the MCU though. Kamala's the one recruiting everyone, she'll be the leader, like she is for the Champions in the comics.

Problem is, he didn't get a lot of development in the comics, and his power is creating portals for teleportation, which overlaps with America Chavez. We don't even know his origin. Also, Indian subcontinent? Pakistan is in that region, so Kamala already fills that niche.
    Man, a pakistani and an indian are not the same. And neither of them would like them to be put in the same bag.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    With Marvels looking like a bomb this project might be in danger.
    Despite Kamala looking to play a prominent role, YA could be a more Billy/Tommy/Wanda centered story like Children's Crusade instead of a Marvels centered one.

I think Wanda and Billy can still command a large fanbase despite Multiverse of Madness doing its utmost best to character assassinate the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Despite Kamala looking to play a prominent role, YA could be a more Billy/Tommy/Wanda centered story like Children's Crusade instead of a Marvels centered one.

I think Wanda and Billy can still command a large fanbase despite Multiverse of Madness doing its utmost best to character assassinate the former.
    Will *both* Billy and Tommy be on the team? If they're fitting two teams into one they might want to limit the number of members on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredReality View Post
    Will *both* Billy and Tommy be on the team? If they're fitting two teams into one they might want to limit the number of members on the team?
    TBF Kamala is the only Champion introduced in the MCU so far. Viv was rumored to appear on the Vision series but apparently the entire show might get scrapped according to YouTuber Grace Randolph.

Apart from Ms. Marvel, it might be a traditional YA roster after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    TBF Kamala is the only Champion introduced in the MCU so far. Viv was rumored to appear on the Vision series but apparently the entire show might get scrapped according to YouTuber Grace Randolph.

Apart from Ms. Marvel, it might be a traditional YA roster after all.
    There is also Riri Willams, one of the most likely to join the team.

I hope they include Patriot, I don't think I'd be able to forgive them if they left him out.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8