Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Yeah, he took Nita back to the present instead of letting her go back to her own time. Based on the lack of repercussions (the events of Civil War haven't changed, in-universe the old New Warriors reality show footage would be evidence since Nita was taken from before that point), her being taken just created an alternate reality where she simply disappeared and therefore wasn't involved in the reality show era. She was basically split in two and another version of her still appeared in the past where she was taken from. Something similar once happened in Spider-Gwen, she actually went back to Earth-616's past and managed to avert her counterpart's death. The world diverged to create Earth-617.
    Yeah, my guess is she was supposed to be grabbed as again she-hulk did the same thing but was arrested by the tva but nova wasn't. That or the tva liked nova and hated she-hulk. Then again how many time stories have we had, and they are nowhere so the tva just sucks at their job sometimes. TVA and dr whos time police ducking in here and there you think there would be less time troubles in the universe!

By the way first time I ever saw Nita was the 80s spider-man cartoon where she showed up in an episode!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-28-2023 at 08:35 AM.

Scary thought: Can we count on Emilia Clarke's age (extremely youthful, 37) to age out (overpowered) G'iah as a candidate for the Young Avengers MCU lineup here since we don't have Skrull representation via Hulkling?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Scary thought: Can we count on Emilia Clarke's age (extremely youthful, 37) to age out (overpowered) G'iah as a candidate for the Young Avengers MCU lineup here since we don't have Skrull representation via Hulkling?
    37 years old? That is too old. They're barely gonna be able to get away with Kate and Cassie in their 20s. Not to mention how OP the character is. I don't think she would fit on any normal Avenger team.

That's why they should use the Champions brand for this. Besides that matching the comics regarding Kamala being the one assembling the team, it also doesn't mention age. They'd outgrow the Young Avengers brand, but not the Champions one.

But yeah, I wouldn't expect anyone over 30 to be on the initial team. If there's a Hulkling substitute, it's probably Skaar.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's why they should use the Champions brand for this. Besides that matching the comics regarding Kamala being the one assembling the team, it also doesn't mention age. They'd outgrow the Young Avengers brand, but not the Champions one.

But yeah, I wouldn't expect anyone over 30 to be on the initial team. If there's a Hulkling substitute, it's probably Skaar.
    Champions is definitely more age neutral but the Young Avengers are the bigger name in general. Nearly every article or video talking about this team positive or negative is already calling it Young Avengers over Champions, it's the more well known name and most options available are Young Avengers with only two Champions.

A very unlikely option they could use is go the Young Justice animated route. In the show they aren't actually called "Young Justice" they are just "The Team". They don't have a official name beyond that but the show is branded Young Justice. This sticks since the characters age out with the original cast now being adults while cycling in new sidekick/young heroes. I'm not saying they'd do that but there are ways to work around the "young" in the MCU. In particular if the older characters like Kate and Cassie graduate after a project or two into official Avenger status that solves a aging problem.

I can just imagine new fans who want learn about this team's origins will have to read up on Young Avengers AND Champions as homework.

Yeah - it's definitely a combo of both and will likely result in them merging in the comics as well. The comics probably need to backpedal on X-Man Ms. Marvel too, since that DOESN'T appear to be Kamala's MCU destiny.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah - it's definitely a combo of both and will likely result in them merging in the comics as well. The comics probably need to backpedal on X-Man Ms. Marvel too, since that DOESN'T appear to be Kamala's MCU destiny.
    A merger of the comics scares me. For many reasons but mainly because many of the YA and Champions have members who overlap in powers and neither are big enough teams to support both. A movie or even a animated project would likely handle a merger better than the comics.