Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Default Superior Spider-Man #1 Preview

Previously, on Battlestar Galactica...err...Superior Spider-Man:

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-doctor...der-man-haunt/
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-10-2023 at 12:29 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Again wirh this concept?

Sorry but not my thing.

I'm loving Spock's semi-return thus far.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

so, this is a Spiderman / Spiderboy book with Doc Ock trying to regain his Superior Spiderman memories? Still not 100% on what this book is actually about? Probably will pass on this. Not really interested + with Marvel new $5 price point, I will be reading a lot less.

Astonishing Member

I hope Anna Maria will be the key to stop this insanity and make Supernova she's trying to fry the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    so, this is a Spiderman / Spiderboy book with Doc Ock trying to regain his Superior Spiderman memories? Still not 100% on what this book is actually about? Probably will pass on this. Not really interested + with Marvel new $5 price point, I will be reading a lot less.
    Yeah, the presence of Spiderboy is the only BIG negative for me, but what can you do he's also a Slott character. I do find the little fella annoying and think he is best taken in small doses like cyanide, IMHO.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-10-2023 at 07:01 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I hope Anna Maria will be the key to stop this insanity and make Supernova she's trying to fry the wrong guy.
    Same here, though I am curious as to how long it'll be before Otto finds a way to become the Superior Spider-Man again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The villain looks like Ultimate Electro.

I pray Anna Maria doesn't get roped into more Otto nonsense. Or doesn't insult Peter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here, though I am curious as to how long it'll be before Otto finds a way to become the Superior Spider-Man again.
    I also hope this is the case.

Fantastic Member

how the hell can you call the book superior spider-man if otto's still dock ock, this is what they cancelled adjective less spider-man for lol

I'll wait for a second peter book again thanks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    how the hell can you call the book superior spider-man if otto's still dock ock...
    I can't answer this without spoiling things.

This... is a very tricky book to promote!

All I can tell you is... if you enjoyed the work Mark Bagley & I were doing on SPIDER-MAN... we're the exact same people, with the exact same lifelong love of Spider-Man's world, and we're giving this one our all!

Everything that happened in SPIDER-MAN #1-#11 counts.
    All the puzzle pieces that were introduced in SPIDER-MAN come into play. (Though, if you're a new reader, it's okay to start here-- and we'll catch you up on all you need to know. This is a good jump on point.)
    This is the same story we would have told in SPIDER-MAN #12, #13, and so on...

Every issue of SPIDER-MAN was in the Top 25 of the American comic book market. Close to half of those issues sold out and went back to press for 2nd printings. Last year, it was an issue of SPIDER-MAN that was Marvel's #1 book per unit. That's not a book you "cancel". It is a book you might take a gamble on by splitting it into 2 books and seeing if you can keep a streak like that going-- twice.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Hmm..now this is more controversial for me...

I "hated" Superior Spider-Man....because "Peter Parker is Spider-Man" and related arguments I joined in on at the time....but, I've read and enjoyed Spider-Man 1-11 ( even though, again, no big fan of Spidey Multiverse characters), so if this new Superior continues with threads from Spider-Man, I'm game...I like the look of the preview, like the idea of "Supernova" looking for Spidey not knowing he's not Superior....and Spidey is Pete, I think there's no threat to that status quo this time round....I'm curious, as others are, about where's Superior if Otto's there and Peter's there..let's see how it plays....but if there's any more of that mind-swap stuff messing with Pete as Spidey again, I'm out straight away..

And, $5.99 again, ugh, but this is par for the course these days with most No 1's that come out..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Hmm..now this is more controversial for me...

I "hated" Superior Spider-Man....because "Peter Parker is Spider-Man" and related arguments I joined in on at the time....but, I've read and enjoyed Spider-Man 1-11 ( even though, again, no big fan of Spidey Multiverse characters), so if this new Superior continues with threads from Spider-Man, I'm game...I like the look of the preview, like the idea of "Supernova" looking for Spidey not knowing he's not Superior....and Spidey is Pete, I think there's no threat to that status quo this time round....I'm curious, as others are, about where's Superior if Otto's there and Peter's there..let's see how it plays....but if there's any more of that mind-swap stuff messing with Pete as Spidey again, I'm out straight away..

And, $5.99 again, ugh, but this is par for the course these days with most No 1's that come out..
    Remember that the current doc ock is just a backup copy that was recently corrupted by Mephisto
    Plus the use of the original arms hinted that parts of doc ock's mind is still in Peter albeit suppressed.
    Last edited by rward777; 11-14-2023 at 07:28 AM.

Mighty Member

Do you think this series will lead to a restoration of Parker Industries?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Do you think this series will lead to a restoration of Parker Industries?
    No. Been there, done that.