Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Yes, I enjoyed the issue...I liked the Spidey-SpiderBoy relationship stuff....and the back up story was good..

I didn't like Otto finding out Spidey's secret identity...that felt too easy...however, I see how the earlier scene with Spidey and Spider-Boy being filmed live by TV broadcast sets you up to expect such a secret to be revealed...realistically in this day and age, what with the amount of filmed news media, CCTV, and everyone else's phones, you'd have a real job to keep your identity a secret....

I still don't like the idea of Otto knowing.....even if the story dictates he should find out Pete's secret...

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Yes, I enjoyed the issue...I liked the Spidey-SpiderBoy relationship stuff....and the back up story was good..

I didn't like Otto finding out Spidey's secret identity...that felt too easy...however, I see how the earlier scene with Spidey and Spider-Boy being filmed live by TV broadcast sets you up to expect such a secret to be revealed...realistically in this day and age, what with the amount of filmed news media, CCTV, and everyone else's phones, you'd have a real job to keep your identity a secret....

I still don't like the idea of Otto knowing.....even if the story dictates he should find out Pete's secret...
    Well, you can't really get Superior Spider-Man without Otto knowing who Spidey is...

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Mephisto isn't going to be happy that Otto bypassed the mindwipe. Also, Miguel cameo.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-15-2023 at 08:01 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Mephisto isn't going to be happy that Otto bypassed the mindwipe. Also, Miguel cameo.
    Another plus, anything that pisses off Big Red is good in my book.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I think you're going to like SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #3.
    Annnnnnd now I'm intrigued even further

Fantastic Member

Loved this issue. Supernova is becoming a new fav villain of mine, and I'm looking forward to seeing what causes Otto to go back to being Superior again. I also can't wait to see him confront Peter next time....

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Seems like Otto might finally piece all his broken memories he lost back together, including those which occur after his return at the end of Spider-Verse which he forgot, we’ve never really gotten a continuation of the original Otto consciousness who sacrificed his life to return Peter back to his body, really excited for this series!

I’m 48 years old and I’m not ashamed to say that the original Superior Spider-Man saga is my favorite era of Spider-Man. It was something different, and I loved seeing Otto do things in Peter’s life better than Peter did. I hated the series after because while they tried to recapture the SSM concept, it fell flat for me because I just didn’t connect with his Elliot identity.. I’m not sure what the solution is to get my cake and eat it too, but this is a step in the right direction. I hope it has a great payoff.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Holy shit, this was awesome!

Damn linear time making me wait for the next issue.

spoilers:
    Otto knowing again is awesome! He knows, but hasn't reverted back to his previous personality*. What will an actually villainous Otto do with this info? Is this the start of a slow face turn, a somehow even more morally grey Superior, or will he remain a straight up villain? I can't wait to find out.

When Peter is talking about living another lifetime I gasped, as I thought he was talking about OMD, but quickly realised he meant EoSV.

*unless there's still another Otto back-up out there? I still feel we missed an opportunity for villain Otto vs Superior Otto. Make it happen!!!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by exile001; 11-16-2023 at 07:59 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Remember that the current doc ock is just a backup copy that was recently corrupted by Mephisto
    Plus the use of the original arms hinted that parts of doc ock's mind is still in Peter albeit suppressed.
    That works with my theory that Otto never deleted himself at the end of the first Superior run, he just transferred his consciousness. Would like to see that version of Otto come back, the one who realized that Peter was the Superior Spider-man.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Now there's something to look forward too!

Incredible Member

Can someone refresh my memory and ELI5 How far into Superior Spider-Man V1 was Otto's back up? It's been such a long time since I read that and read the explanation during Clone Conspiracy. I can't remember any of it at the moment.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Can someone refresh my memory and ELI5 How far into Superior Spider-Man V1 was Otto's back up? It's been such a long time since I read that and read the explanation during Clone Conspiracy. I can't remember any of it at the moment.
    Didn't he set a back up during the original Spider-Verse?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Didn't he set a back up during the original Spider-Verse?
    Yes, which he was sent to at the conclusion of the Spider-Man 2099 arc, in Superior Spider-Man #19. So anything that takes place from #20-30, he doesn't remember. That would include his encounters with the Black Cat and Stunner, his brief stint as the "Superior Venom", and of course his ultimate defeat by Norman Osborn's Goblin Nation.

Astonishing Member

OK, I think we should consider something here.

Otto has regained his memories, which means, sooner or later, his personality as Superior Spider-Man SHOULD eventually be restored somehow. However, by remembering, this should mean his deal with Mephisto deal must have been broken. If it's true, Mephisto should appear at some point, because I highly doubt the Devil will be pleased with this.

But if Otto's deal with Mephisto is somehow undone, then it gave us great hopes about his deal with Peter and MJ being undone too. Call me fool if you want, but I want to hold some hope here.

It worries me, however, that Miles' deal with Mephisto MIGHT be undone too. Although, considering how Mutants brought her back to life, it might happen again.