Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Remember that the current doc ock is just a backup copy that was recently corrupted by Mephisto
    Plus the use of the original arms hinted that parts of doc ock's mind is still in Peter albeit suppressed.
    Oh yes! Thanks rward.

Silly me I'd forgotten about the arms, we've just seen in ASM 5 mins ago...

Interesting....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I can't answer this without spoiling things.

This... is a very tricky book to promote!

All I can tell you is... if you enjoyed the work Mark Bagley & I were doing on SPIDER-MAN... we're the exact same people, with the exact same lifelong love of Spider-Man's world, and we're giving this one our all!

Everything that happened in SPIDER-MAN #1-#11 counts.
    All the puzzle pieces that were introduced in SPIDER-MAN come into play. (Though, if you're a new reader, it's okay to start here-- and we'll catch you up on all you need to know. This is a good jump on point.)
    This is the same story we would have told in SPIDER-MAN #12, #13, and so on...

Every issue of SPIDER-MAN was in the Top 25 of the American comic book market. Close to half of those issues sold out and went back to press for 2nd printings. Last year, it was an issue of SPIDER-MAN that was Marvel's #1 book per unit. That's not a book you "cancel". It is a book you might take a gamble on by splitting it into 2 books and seeing if you can keep a streak like that going-- twice.
    Thank you very much for the reply but I will be going with the Ultimate and Spectacular books for my pull list. best of luck with superior.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    Thank you very much for the reply but I will be going with the Ultimate and Spectacular books for my pull list. best of luck with superior.
    Totally cool. Thanks for the well wishes.

When I was on ASM, sometimes people would complain that since they didn't like the way I wrote Peter Parker, that meant they were out of luck.
    And I'd frequently point them towards Avenging Spider-Man, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows (the series), and Spectacular Spider-Man.
    One of the great things about Marvel's Spider-Office is that they always provide you with alternatives, whether its titles like Symbiotic Spider-Man or Spine-Tingling Spider-Man, or Non-Stop Spider-Man, or Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man... there's always a wide number of alternative titles to choose from so that you can find a Spider-Man book that works for you! I can't wait to read Greg's SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MEN and Jonathan's ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN! I'm sure that both of those titles will be brilliant!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Totally cool. Thanks for the well wishes.

When I was on ASM, sometimes people would complain that since they didn't like the way I wrote Peter Parker, that meant they were out of luck.
    And I'd frequently point them towards Avenging Spider-Man, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows (the series), and Spectacular Spider-Man.
    One of the great things about Marvel's Spider-Office is that they always provide you with alternatives, whether its titles like Symbiotic Spider-Man or Spine-Tingling Spider-Man, or Non-Stop Spider-Man, or Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man... there's always a wide number of alternative titles to choose from so that you can find a Spider-Man book that works for you! I can't wait to read Greg's SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MEN and Jonathan's ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN! I'm sure that both of those titles will be brilliant!
    Superior Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man are on my pull list, so will Spectacular Spider-Man. Your run on The Amazing Spider-Man/The Superior Spider-Man was the first I read in real time. One of the best comic book runs I've read. Thanks, Dan Slott from the UK.

Just read it on my amazon account. Nicely done and quick fun

enjoyed the first issue. I liked how Otto rediscover Peter secret no issues with that. hopefully next issue it will spurn him to become Superior. Also the spider-boy back up story was pretty good and its a good explanation of his involvement during Superior
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    enjoyed the first issue. I liked how Otto rediscover Peter secret no issues with that. hopefully next issue it will spurn him to become Superior. Also the spider-boy back up story was pretty good and its a good explanation of his involvement during Superior
    With or without stealing Peter's body again?

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    With or without stealing Peter's body again?
    no idea on how it will happen

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'd guess he realizes that its his responsibility to stop Estrella and recreates the Superior Spider-Man through the holographic technology that Stunner uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'd guess he realizes that its his responsibility to stop Estrella and recreates the Superior Spider-Man through the holographic technology that Stunner uses.
    that a cool way also I wonder if the returned memories will effect Ottos morality again

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I loved this first issue, definitely is a direct continuation of Spider-Man, I agree that I think since all of Otto’s memories have returned he is going to start to regain more of that lost morality, especially if Anna Maria gets involved. Very interested in if this story is actually interested in bringing back Otto as Spidey or not, I feel like it would since they made an entire ongoing called “Superior Spider-Man” and this isn’t just a storyline of the regular Spider-Man ongoing, but very interested to see how this all pans out

It's definitely a continuation of Spider-Man... And that's cool... And Spider-Boy is cool.

But I'm reading the book for some SUPERIOR SPIDER-ING. And I've read RETURNS and this issue... And I still haven't got my Superior Spider-Man back yet! (Besides the backup. That was cool. Spider-Boy with web-shooters! Yay! )

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    It's definitely a continuation of Spider-Man... And that's cool... And Spider-Boy is cool.

But I'm reading the book for some SUPERIOR SPIDER-ING. And I've read RETURNS and this issue... And I still haven't got my Superior Spider-Man back yet! (Besides the backup. That was cool. Spider-Boy with web-shooters! Yay! )
    Loved all the Spider-Boy as well, that back up was really cool.

Maybe now that Doc Ock remembers and realizes he was better in Peter's body and clones a new one? The old tentacles having a memory of their own could tie in too. With Peter hiding from Supernova, Doc in a new body could be Superior again, idk just thinking out loud.

Loving it so far. I am curious if this means a return of his character development.

Though one nitpick....Isn't this Otto a backup made during Spider-Verse? As such he shouldn't remember the whole Goblin thing since that was after said backup was made.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Loving it so far. I am curious if this means a return of his character development.

Though one nitpick....Isn't this Otto a backup made during Spider-Verse? As such he shouldn't remember the whole Goblin thing since that was after said backup was made.
    I think you're going to like SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #3.