Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I wonder how Haywire thinks of them as heroes if they call themselves "Terror Titans." Has he and his team done any of the pro-active hero things he seemed passionate about in the flashback or is he just about attacking the Titans? (also yeah - he gives me major Syndrome vibes)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder how Haywire thinks of them as heroes if they call themselves "Terror Titans." Has he and his team done any of the pro-active hero things he seemed passionate about in the flashback or is he just about attacking the Titans? (also yeah - he gives me major Syndrome vibes)
    Yeah his villain turn seems basic, but6 issues is not enough time to flesh him out

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Although I liked the villain of the month stories Waid was doing with the Titans in the past I really liked that he brought the Terror Titans to the foreground here and the scene at the end with Dick literally coming out of Batman's shadow(I loved that visual) was really well done.

The name Terror Titans itself though? Yeah, not a huge fan. I mean, it makes a certain sort of sense in that Haywire is an edgy teenager who wants to one up some people he feels wronged him so it's yet another way of putting them down but it sounds like a supervillain group not a heroic name.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Well it's an interesting nod to the Terror Titans mini from around the time of Final Crisis. Or was it Infinite Crisis? IDK. I mainly remember it having Rose Wilson/Ravanger II and Lorena/Aquagirl II in it.

Great issue, too bad it's about to end. Awesome to see Artemis in this, but the other villains are kinda boring.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Well it's an interesting nod to the Terror Titans mini from around the time of Final Crisis. Or was it Infinite Crisis? IDK. I mainly remember it having Rose Wilson/Ravanger II and Lorena/Aquagirl II in it.
    It was around the time of Final Crisis. Ravager was part of the team, but Lorena wasn't. The story was about mind controlled young heroes fighting in the Dark Side Club. It was in this story where they brought Static back to the DC Universe.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Thanks for the info. It's been a long time since I read that mini. On another note. Are we sure World's Finest: Teen Titans is still a mini-series? It hasn't been branded that way in several issues. I thought I read somewhere that it had been changed to an ongoing but now can't anything saying that. This is absolutely one of the very best comics DC is currently putting out. It needs to be an ongoing.

Thanks for the info. It's been a long time since I read that mini. On another note. Are we sure World's Finest: Teen Titans is still a mini-series? It hasn't been branded that way in several issues. I thought I read somewhere that it had been changed to an ongoing but now can't anything saying that. This is absolutely one of the very best comics DC is currently putting out. It needs to be an ongoing.
    Yes, next month is the last issue. There is no WF TT in the january solicits.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

But we haven't seen the solits for Feb yet, right? I'm going to hold out hope until then. Or a confirmation from Waid himself. Green Arrow went from being a mini to an ongoing so you never know. *edit* I decided to going on and ask Waid on Facebook since he's on my Friends List. I'll let you know if he responds.
    Last edited by M@Bowers2014; 11-16-2023 at 03:07 PM.

But we haven't seen the solits for Feb yet, right? I'm going to hold out hope until then. Or a confirmation from Waid himself. Green Arrow went from being a mini to an ongoing so you never know. *edit* I decided to going on and ask Waid on Facebook since he's on my Friends List. I'll let you know if he responds.
    I believe that someone said here that Waid himself confirmed on an interview that this is a limited series and cause he wants to work on other things.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Mal and Bumblebee have been sort of underused throughout the run.
    I knew that would happen.

It's something, just never enough, unfortunately.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

From Mark Waid himself:

"Matt Bowers Titans was planned for six issues, and I think I could have fought for more but I just have too much other work upcoming. Luthor is three issues. Everything else is ongoing!"

Makes me sad but glad to get a definite answer.

Astonishing Member

Sales could lead to an ongoing in the future. Not sure who I'd trust if not written by Waid, but I'm open to suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Sales could lead to an ongoing in the future. Not sure who I'd trust if not written by Waid, but I'm open to suggestions!
    That's what I'm hoping for after getting Waid's response. But with him saying he has too much work to do more Teen Titans stories it will have to be someone else. It will need to be someone that respects the Titans history but can also modernize them like Mark has done.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I knew that would happen.

It's something, just never enough, unfortunately.
    At least Karen's getting a story in the upcoming B&S: WF anthology issue.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I wasn't expecting an Artemis appearance.
    Yeah, she's usually a JSA villain, not a Titans one. Though she was used in the New 52 Teen Titans book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman