Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Red Hood: The Hill by Shawn Martinbrough and Sanford Greene

Jason Todd fans are getting more than they bargained for in 2024.

DC already announced it was publishing an alt-history version of 1988's Batman #428 where Jason Todd lived - not died - at the hands of the Joker. Now, we have news that the one-time Robin is getting his own solo series again. (And it's a sequel to a popular storyline of his from the past).

Shawn Martinbrough returns to Jason Todd once more for a continuation of the story he and Christopher Priest did with Batman: The Hill and 2020's Red Hood: Outlaw storyline by Martinborough, Tony Akins, and Moritat with a new, standalone mini with Jason Todd standing alone.

Red Hood: The Hill will partner Martinbrough, as writer, with artist Sanford Greene as Jason Todd settles into his new home - a suburb of Gotham City called the Hill. Where in previous storylines Jason Todd fended off a gang of Jokers, in this new six-part series the Red Hood will have to fend off a new villain - but he'll have some help.

"Now, as the Hill finds itself gentrifying, old habits die hard as the vigilante known only as Strike works with her team to keep the town safe — but she’s not alone. Jason Todd, one of the Hill’s newest residents, is more than happy to don the visage of Red Hood to help Strike keep his new home safe. But a new villain is emerging from the shadows. Will Red Hood, Strike and the Hill’s small militia of vigilantes be able to keep their home safe? Check out Red Hood’s return to find out!"
    Last edited by Hypo; 12-20-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

My mind went immediately to The Beatles and "The Fool on the Hill" . . .

I hope this is good but I wish he wasn't using the Mortal Kombat suit.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope this is good but I wish he wasn't using the Mortal Kombat suit.
    That was my thought as well, I'm still not digging the face mask.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm curious if Jason and these new guys are going to come to blows at some point in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm curious if Jason and these new guys are going to come to blows at some point in the story.
    Probably about midway through, Jason sees them going extreme on some petty thief a couple of times or something, then the falling out. My guess, anyway.

Fantastic Member

Interested in this. Ordered the back issues of Red Hood so I could catch up.

Extraordinary Member

I'm a bit worried that Jason was only put into this since they needed an established character to sell a "The Hill" book.

I just don't care anymore, I loved Red Hood Outlaw too much to be interested in these minis that won't advance the character one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    I just don't care anymore, I loved Red Hood Outlaw too much to be interested in these minis that won't advance the character one bit.
    Outside of his own series, Jason is never given his character development. Just look at the All-Caste. If that were kept outside of his own series, he would be a core member of Justice League Dark by now.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Outside of his own series, Jason is never given his character development. Just look at the All-Caste. If that were kept outside of his own series, he would be a core member of Justice League Dark by now.
    Well, Martinbrough gets my money because he at least kept Jason's development from Lobdell intact.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Well, Martinbrough gets my money because he at least kept Jason's development from Lobdell intact.
    I mean it will certainly be a step up from Rosenberg, but otherwise not really exciting imo.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The bar is already in the Marianas Trench, just having Jason not be an impulsive ball of rage is enough for me.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

There's nothing really wrong with this concept as long as the focus is on Jason having interesting interactions with other characters. Like how the last Azrael book introduced Sariel has a counterpart to Azrael to further exemplify his character development.

Its only an issue if its more about them than Jason.