Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...t-look-preview

Thanks to the Phoenix Force, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, and Angel will defy space and time once again.

Once, this team of X-Men traveled into to the Marvel Universe's present and met their future selves. Now, in ORIGINAL X-MEN (2023) #1 by Christos Gage and Greg Land, they will find themselves in another universe entirely. Sent across the Multiverse by the Phoenix Force, the original five X-Men will face a challenge unlike any they've seen before—and the stakes couldn't be higher.

A special first look at ORIGINAL X-MEN (2023) #1 finds the X-Men running right into the Phoenix in a mind-bending, kaleidoscopic environment. In one page, Phoenix brings down the fire, revealing multiple versions of herself to the immobilized X-Men. In another, she runs through several memories, including ones where the Phoenix obliterated villains such as Thanos and Ultron. Finally, she speaks directly to the younger Jean before sending them on their way.

I'm not interested in the OG team... HOWEVER! seeing Phoenix Jean obliterate earths greatest threats throughout time would put a smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I have a hunch this will tie into Jean Grey (2023), Immortal X-Men #17 and #18, and perhaps X-Men Forever (2024). Will Jean learn more about how powerful her mind truly is, as stated in the Jean Grey #4 solicit? That, being one with Phoenix, she transcends the multiverse? After all, Gage noted about this issue, “There are definite ramifications beyond the one-shot. The story will continue.” Also, the solicitation for The Original X-Men #1 teases one of the X-Men trapped in the world as we know it and larger ramifications for the Marvel Universe, about which Gage stated, “I’m not promising it’s one of the original five X-Men… if they even survive this adventure… though I’m not saying it’s not! And that might be better phrased, ‘larger ramifications for the Marvel MULTIVERSE’…
    The O5 might not survive? Then what happens to the versions in the future?!?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Dear mother of God no it's Greg Land.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

When we learn this is Jean, slowly evolving into her true form—White Phoenix (hence the white and lilac hues)—updating her younger self on all that she’s learned and embraced since “dying” at the Hellfire Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    The O5 might not survive? Then what happens to the versions in the future?!?
    The same thing that happened the last time they might not survive when they ended this story not all that long ago.

When we learn this is Jean, slowly evolving into her true form—White Phoenix (hence the white and lilac hues)—updating her younger self on all that she’s learned and embraced since “dying” at the Hellfire Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Great edits! Avoiding extinction events? Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The same thing that happened the last time they might not survive when they ended this story not all that long ago.
    I missed that story because it happened while I was away from comics. But now that makes me wonder if they do kill them off and the future versions vanish, requiring the others to try to alter time again (maybe fixing Beast while they're at it?).

BANNED

Umm... When exactly did Jean Grey and Thanos ever square off?

BANNED

For my money , Beast doesn’t need “fixing” at all (and he himself would agree with me)

He was always a good superhero , but now he’s a great supervillain , because his fall-from-grace corruption was genuinely ORGANIC (over literal decades) and thus REALLY EARNED , there are just so many heel-face turns in Marvel , but so few face-heel turns , let him stay bad from now on LOL
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 11-11-2023 at 06:23 AM.

For the love of god, Land reused the cover for Phoenix Endsong #1 on the second preview page.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I'm thirsty for anything Warren, so... beggars can't be choosers. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
    Literally what I was going to post, lol. I'm so desperate for Warren content I'll suffer through Land. I've always liked Gage though, so maybe he can make something of this tired premise.

Greg Land is one of the most frustrating artists because behind all the blatant traces, same face over and over again, and orgasming characters you can tell he can actually draw.

On god we do not need either young Jean, Cyclops, or Beast to be trapped in the past again they are so tired if anyone it should be Bobby.

Greg Land and his O-Faces strike again.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    For my money , Beast doesn’t need “fixing” at all (and he himself would agree with me)

He was always a good superhero , but now he’s a great supervillain , because his fall-from-grace corruption was genuinely ORGANIC (over literal decades) and thus REALLY EARNED , there are just so many heel-face turns in Marvel , but so few face-heel turns , let him stay bad from now on LOL
    Marvel is already planning to revert him to his past heroic self.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Greg Land is one of the most frustrating artists because behind all the blatant traces, same face over and over again, and orgasming characters you can tell he can actually draw.
    I remember one scene of Lands where Emma is walking down a corridor and just randomly makes an orgasming face. Hilarious!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Old Lady Jean...as illustrated by Land is a choice.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Land's gonna Land.

Jean destroying Ultron and Thanos <3 <3.