Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Original X-Men #1 - Letterless Preview

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...t-look-preview

Thanks to the Phoenix Force, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, and Angel will defy space and time once again.

Once, this team of X-Men traveled into to the Marvel Universe's present and met their future selves. Now, in ORIGINAL X-MEN (2023) #1 by Christos Gage and Greg Land, they will find themselves in another universe entirely. Sent across the Multiverse by the Phoenix Force, the original five X-Men will face a challenge unlike any they've seen before—and the stakes couldn't be higher.

A special first look at ORIGINAL X-MEN (2023) #1 finds the X-Men running right into the Phoenix in a mind-bending, kaleidoscopic environment. In one page, Phoenix brings down the fire, revealing multiple versions of herself to the immobilized X-Men. In another, she runs through several memories, including ones where the Phoenix obliterated villains such as Thanos and Ultron. Finally, she speaks directly to the younger Jean before sending them on their way.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm confused as to why this got greenlit considering that the premise of exploring alternate realities thanks to the Phoenix is basically the same premise of the current Jean Grey mini.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'm confused as to why this got greenlit considering that the premise of exploring alternate realities thanks to the Phoenix is basically the same premise of the current Jean Grey mini.
    I'm really thinking it's got something to do with fixing Beast.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

The art really makes me feel like we are back in the early 2010s.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    The art really makes me feel like we are back in the early 2010s.
    That because half the panels are the same images from Endsong and other GL work.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I want MORE!

"Like a Red Dragon....The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!"

Bwahahahahaha.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jean deserves better than Greg Land art.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jean deserves better than Greg Land art.
    She's going back in time to ensure a future drawn by Greg Land never happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Ugly art. Super-repetitive/low-effort. Duplicate characters. Time travel.

So many reasons to hate on this.

As if we don't already have too many alternate reality clone Jeans. Heres two more for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    She's going back in time to ensure a future drawn by Greg Land never happens.
    What If...
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I'm thirsty for anything Warren, so... beggars can't be choosers. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
    Time will tell if the attempt at least worked for us Warren (and Hank) fans.

(curious about the scene with Warren shaking hands with the other guy. The logo that gets cut seems to be the logo for the US presidency? Could, at least in that timeline, Warren finally surged as the spokesman of the mutants?)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I have a hunch this will tie into Jean Grey (2023), Immortal X-Men #17 and #18, and perhaps X-Men Forever (2024). Will Jean learn more about how powerful her mind truly is, as stated in the Jean Grey #4 solicit? That, being one with Phoenix, she transcends the multiverse? After all, Gage noted about this issue, “There are definite ramifications beyond the one-shot. The story will continue.” Also, the solicitation for The Original X-Men #1 teases one of the X-Men trapped in the world as we know it and larger ramifications for the Marvel Universe, about which Gage stated, “I’m not promising it’s one of the original five X-Men… if they even survive this adventure… though I’m not saying it’s not! And that might be better phrased, ‘larger ramifications for the Marvel MULTIVERSE’…

Last edited by Mercury; 11-10-2023 at 05:41 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I have a hunch this will tie into Jean Grey (2023), Immortal X-Men #17 and #18, and perhaps X-Men Forever (2024). Will Jean learn more about how powerful her mind truly is, as stated in the Jean Grey #4 solicit? That, being one with Phoenix, she transcends the multiverse? After all, Gage noted about this issue, “There are definite ramifications beyond the one-shot. The story will continue.” Also, the solicitation for The Original X-Men #1 teases one of the X-Men trapped in the world as we know it and larger ramifications for the Marvel Universe, about which Gage stated, “I’m not promising it’s one of the original five X-Men… if they even survive this adventure… though I’m not saying it’s not! And that might be better phrased, ‘larger ramifications for the Marvel MULTIVERSE’…
    My money's still on Changeling/Morph -. he's as close to an original X-Man as it gets, was involved with the Multiverse before and he's about to star in X-Men 97.

I have to wonder though what ramifications this could possibly have when we're about to enter a brand new editorial era...

When we learn this is Jean, slowly evolving into her true form—White Phoenix (hence the white and lilac hues)—updating her younger self on all that she’s learned and embraced since “dying” at the Hellfire Gala.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."