Default Insomniac comics are non-canon?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xXt0ZHzQ...lzc2lvbg%3D%3D

In this mission, Spider-Man has no clue where the Spider-Bots come from, even though if he had multiversal experience, this should have reminded him of it.

I still consider them canon since they are not OUTRIGHT condradicted and were mostly written by one of the writers for the first game, giving them some level of legitimacy. Plus, the earth designation 1048 given in the comics was referenced in Insomniac Wolverine trailer.

The only comic that I think is most likely non-canon is Spider-Man Velocity, since it was written by someone with no involvement in the games and its portrayal seemed to condradict Mysterio's portrayal in the game, but I need to look up Mysterio side mission to be 100% sure.

ATSV appearance probably takes place after the second game, at least going by Peter's version of the scene in the game in the above Youtube link.

i always assume so not like the games ever reference what happens in those comics. I have the same feeling regarding the movie-comic tie-ins
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i always assume so not like the games ever reference what happens in those comics. I have the same feeling regarding the movie-comic tie-ins
    One of the MCU What If episodes was based on the MCU tie-in 'Fury's Big Week'. So, sometimes they do get referenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    When they're making a game, they're not going to ask everyone to keep current on comics tie-ins.

And when they're making the sequel, they're not going to worry about changing things to avoid contradicting comics tie-ins.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    When they're making a game, they're not going to ask everyone to keep current on comics tie-ins.

And when they're making the sequel, they're not going to worry about changing things to avoid contradicting comics tie-ins.
    The idea of the video game Spider-Man meeting his original comic book counterpart fascinates me. I enjoy such interactions. So, I consider it canon unless something happens in the games that completely condradicts the comics. Like I said, the fact that they were written by one of the writers of the first game gives them a sense of legitimacy (like how Paul Dini wrote some of the Arkham tie-in comics).

Astonishing Member

What does canon mean? I thought it meant that a story takes part in a main universe, this case being Marvel 616. Does canon mean multi-verse and not one specific universe?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    What does canon mean? I thought it meant that a story takes part in a main universe, this case being Marvel 616. Does canon mean multi-verse and not one specific universe?
    Each continuity has its own canon.

616 is the main canon/continuity in the comics, so sometimes the term 'canon' is used interchangeably to mean '616 canon'.

In this case, I meant canonicity to the Insomniac games.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 11-14-2023 at 10:54 AM.