Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Contest of Champions, yeah ("Ewing's Champions" is bad phrasing as Eve Ewing wrote the Outlawed run of the Champions teen team). Before Immortal Hulk, Al Ewing had a history of books never making it past two years. Despite the fact that they were all good books!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Contest of Champions, yeah ("Ewing's Champions" is bad phrasing as Eve Ewing wrote the Outlawed run of the Champions teen team). Before Immortal Hulk, Al Ewing had a history of books never making it past two years. Despite the fact that they were all good books!
    ^^^I’d take two years of a well written Night Thrasher book in a heartbeat.

Ultimate Member

Someone check my math, but is Dwayne the only bad ass normal in the MU who replies on hand to hand combat?

I know there used to be Mockingbird, but she's a super soldier now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Someone check my math, but is Dwayne the only bad ass normal in the MU who replies on hand to hand combat?
    The Punisher traditionally is, but that's not always the case and I don't know what's up with the new guy.

I get a lot of people don't like the new helmet, but I can see the value in being able to see more of his face/expressions since he's the lead character. I'm more annoyed by the ridiculously long sash around his thigh. Is there any reason for that at all?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I like Night Thrasher. I hope this series does him justice.

I like Dwayne, but I am curious why he gets a mini all of a sudden.
    Preparing him to the MCU jump I guess. Or just in case Blade is discarded.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Not a fan of the new helmet.

Either the OG version or the one from Four Control '92 would be my preference.

Exactly. My first thought was, "Why go with this helmet?" As others have mentioned, Marvel's track record hasn't been very promising in dealing with the NW, so I'm gonna wait and see. Have to say, the "Homo Negrus Superior" bit, which I didn't know of, really doesn't fill me with hope towards the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish Al Ewing was writing this.
    Unfortunately, he can't write EVERYTHING at Marvel.

Peace

It’s time to thrash the night! The death of a loved one draws Dwayne Taylor back to New York City, though his days as Night Thrasher are long over. But Dwayne finds the past difficult to outrun when Silhouette, his ex-teammate from the New Warriors, seeks his help against a new criminal called the O.G. And the mystery of the O.G.’s true identity and what’s to come will change Night Thrasher’s legacy forever!
    Death of a loved one.
    That's not Sil, since she'll be in the book. I don't think Dwayne loves his brother very much. Then, Chord, maybe?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The Punisher traditionally is, but that's not always the case and I don't know what's up with the new guy.

I get a lot of people don't like the new helmet, but I can see the value in being able to see more of his face/expressions since he's the lead character. I'm more annoyed by the ridiculously long sash around his thigh. Is there any reason for that at all?
    Castle doesn't rely on hand to hand

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Death of a loved one.
    That's not Sil, since she'll be in the book. I don't think Dwayne loves his brother very much. Then, Chord, maybe?
    Aaron Chord . . . would he also be known as Midnight's Fire by any chance? If so, last time I saw him, he was in Eve Ewing's Ironheart series, where Silhouette also appeared. From what I recall, he was with the Ten Rings villain organization. As for Donyell showing up in this, even if there's bad blood between him and Dwayne still, as the villain of one of the Die Hard sequels put it, "There's a difference between not liking your brother and not caring when some[one] punts him out a window." Something to that effect.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Aaron Chord . . . would he also be known as Midnight's Fire by any chance? If so, last time I saw him, he was in Eve Ewing's Ironheart series, where Silhouette also appeared. From what I recall, he was with the Ten Rings villain organization. As for Donyell showing up in this, even if there's bad blood between him and Dwayne still, as the villain of one of the Die Hard sequels put it, "There's a difference between not liking your brother and not caring when some[one] punts him out a window." Something to that effect.
    I was rather thinking about Midnight Fire and Silhouette's father, Andrew Chord, who raised Dwayne after killing his parents (while being under some sort of mental control) and was a trainer/mentor for the New Warriors at their beginning.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I was rather thinking about Midnight Fire and Silhouette's father, Andrew Chord, who raised Dwayne after killing his parents (while being under some sort of mental control) and was a trainer/mentor for the New Warriors at their beginning.
    ^^^Yeah he and Cable knew eachother when the Warriors and X-Force first met.

Ultimate Member

Probably Chord is gonna bite it.

Supporting characters are barely allowed for characters with their own ongoings.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Indeed. According to Cable: "... a merc he recognized from his stint in Africa!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Interesting.

Probably Chord is gonna bite it.

Supporting characters are barely allowed for characters with their own ongoings.
    Alas, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.