Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Default Draw Me An Avenger Jam VI: on Another World!

Quote Originally Posted by GH
    I am going to save this over from the old forums since this was in process...
    Justin K will get the chance to resume this project when he returns from vacation.
    I should note that some previous participants may not be signed up to the new forum or have changed their board name so please sign in if that is the case and let us know your new id. Thanks.
    Here's the deal. We're coming back for the next semi-annual Avengers Jam Poster!

For this theme each participant will be tasked with the duty of taking a randomly selected Avengers Character and creating an alternate universe interpretation of said character - this will not only entail creating an new version of the character but also providing a description of how their Earth differs from that of the 616. With this in mind, previously established alternate universes will not be available for poster's use - thus, you cannot create the Ultimate, HoM, etc. version of a character!

March 17 - June 2
    Any participant may sign up by following these very simple rules!
    1. First, one must choose a number from the list below that has not been previously chosen. After which I will assign you a character to re-imagine! *Note There will not be any swap-outs, so make the best out of the character you were assigned!

2. Draw your character. Please make the full body visible and exclude backgrounds and overdone power visuals (you can include them as long as they aren't ridiculous, this makes for difficulties when I have to crop out the characters). Please do not submit busts or partial body shots, I will make you re-do your piece before I include it in the final Avengers Jam poster!

3. Color your picture. Please note that only colored entries will be submitted in the final Avengers Jam poster even if the black & white submissions are in before the deadline! If you can't personally color you piece please specify this when you join so that we can find someone to color your entry!

4. After drawing, scanning, and coloring your character simply post it in this thread! When posting your entry please specify which number you were assigned so I can easily embed a link. *Note Please don't make your entry too large, typically a good size for this forum is 550 x 800 pixels.

May 19
    On May 19, I will be personally private messaging every participant who has failed to submit their piece or post an update. If you do receive this message please pm me back within 5 days with an update just so I know that you are working on it (or not working on it, as long as you are aware that you have a piece due). If you do not reply to this message or decide to drop out then I will put your character up for grabs.

May 30 - June 2
    On May 30, all entries are due if they are to be included in the final Avengers Jam Poster! Remember to be included, they must be colored! On June 2, I will use photoshop to crop out each individual character and compile the final Avengers Jam Poster!

Here is a look at everyone's creations compiled into one big group shot:

TBA

DMAA III Participants

01. Wiccan- Raz0r
    02. Captain Universe- AnkaleRa
    03. Sandman- Shiver
    04. Norman Osborn- blackphoenix
    05. Black Widow- Green Griffin
    07. Daken - ExcelsiorPrime
    08. Ms. America- Supernature
    09. Black Knight- JudicatorPrime
    12. Captain Marvel- coveredinbees
    13. Hercules- Blackroom
    17. Ms. Marvel- Alan2099
    19. Namor- blackphoenix
    20. Quicksilver- Personamanx
    21. Starfox- JudicatorPrime
    22. Thor- R.E. Barnes
    23. Tigra- ceroxide
    24. Machine Man- R.E. Barnes
    26. Jack of Hearts- rsreed13
    27. Mr. Fantastic- SilverSurferSupreme
    29. Iron Man- Justin K.
    32. Mantis- JudicatorPrime
    36. Sersi- madrox1977
    37. Wonder Man- Personamanx
    42. Red Skull- Green Griffin
    44. Sunspot- Peeps
    49. Hawkeye (Bishop)- Zhaxra
    50. Finesse- ceroxide

DMAA III Participants (Continued)

52. Jocasta- BrotherUnitNo_4
    57. Captain Britain- Alan2099
    60. Arachne- happyman
    61. Hank Pym- Justin K.
    64. Rogue- Ravin' Ray
    66. Daredevil- JudicatorPrime
    68. Speed- ceroxide
    69. Silverclaw- blackphoenix
    71. Wolverine- yvahed
    73. Scarlet Witch- Time_to_Zap
    74. Invisible Woman- Tazirai
    76. Marrina- Raz0r
    77. Spider-Man- Supernature
    80. Edwin Jarvis- Justin K.
    81. Falcon- SilverSurferSupreme
    88. Baron Zemo- Peeps
    90. Quasar- Alan2099
    91. She-Hulk- Tazirai
    93. A-Bomb- JudicatorPrime
    95. War Machine- blackphoenix
    98. Dr. Druid- Justin K.
    99. USAgent- Personamanx
    100. Spider-Woman- Raz0r

GREEN GRIFFIN'S BLACK WIDOW

#5 - Black Widow
    World: Marvel Old West "Where Society and Technology never advanced past the old west."

Nattie "Black Widow" Romanova, one of the most deadly outlaws west of the Louisiana Purchase. Having a bounty worth 35,000 on her head for the multiple bank heist she has pulled on various occasions, a trademark of her's is to murder at lease one of her male companion dead at the scene of a heist, thus earning her nickname the Black Widow. Little is known about Nattie's past, other than she had a long stand relationship with the Native known as Eye of Hawk. She is hounded by the U.S. Marshall named Jessica Drew who holds a personal vendetta against her, believing Nattie was the one behind her father's death. Rumor has it she has a deal with a New York lawman named Matthew Murdock, in which she is taking out members of a gang run by a man calling himself "Kingpin." No evidence has pop up to support this rumor.

CEROXIDE'S TIGRA

Universe: Earth-96

Ashanti Grant, daughter of African American super model and a scientist billionaire playboy, Ashanti spent most of her young life alone and spent most of her youth training in gymnastics and self defense. Taking a love for safari as she grew Ashanti studied and moved to Africa. It was here that she started to act as Tigra. Killing poachers and defending the land she build quite a name for herself. A name that eventually got the attention of the Avengers. After confronting her they discovered the truth of her actions and asked her to join the team, unwilling to leave the land she loved she was instead made the head of the African division of the Avengers.

She currently leads the team with Rhino and has a recurring enemy in Kraven The Hunter

CEROXIDE'S FINESSE
    alright here's Finess

Universe
    Earth-96

Real Name
    John Foucault

One of the first members to be recruited into the Avengers, Finess spends every day training. He has the unique ability of being able to copy any move just by seeing it, an ability that has made him a prime target of many assassin guilds and a personal target that Task Master has vowed to eliminate. While his name is known, not much else is known about him, many in the Avengers question his allegiance, however Captain America seems to trust him like a brother, which has led many to believe that Finess might be an old member of Cap's unit during the war, perhaps there was more than one super soldier frozen in time...

JUDICATORPRIME'S MANTIS

image.jpg
    #32 Mantis
    Earth 5150-24-7

Backstory: Created by an unholy alliance between Amatsu-Mikaboshi and the powerful (and bat-sh** crazy!) reality warper Mad Jim Jaspers, parallel Earth 5150-24-7 counts amongst its denizens some of the most blood thirsty Avengers in any reality. Instead of "Avengers Assemble!", this team’s battle cry is “Avengers Dismember!!!” True to form, no villain that has ever crossed this group has lived to tell the tale.

Of course, it’s not all skull-busting and death-dealing with this group. Each month the team hosts a lavish victory party with lively music and dancing. The public is welcome to attend. The main event of these fetes, however, is the Fallen Villain Fashion Show where the team members show off all of their trophies from the villains that they’ve slain (Note to future participants: The person who delivers the killshot gets the trophy.)

Here is a preview of the March Fallen Villain Fashion Show: I give you the very seductive -- and psychotic -- Celestial Madonna. Can you can figure out which 2 major Avengers villains she has sent to their eternal slumber?

P.S.: Clearly my coloring skills have not improved over these past few weeks. Oh well... :redface:

JP's DAREDEVIL

#66 DAREDEVIL

image.jpg
    Welcome to Deviant Earth (Alternate Earth designation 6.6).

Eons ago, the Vishanti -- an order of near omnipotent mystical beings which included Joro (an aspect of Gaea), Oshtur, Hoggoth, Agamotto, Zom, and the upstart Cyttorak -- engaged in an all-out war against the Celestials for control of the cosmic axis which gives all reality form. While no one knows who started the war, what is known is that the Vishanti struck the deciding blow. Using their collective might the Vishanti managed to cleave a splinter of the cosmic axis. From this splinter they crafted the Sword of the Vishanti, a weapon infused with the power of Life and Uncreation. The sword was capable of piercing the Celestial collective “soul-mind”, slaying all Celestials en masse. Instead of executing the plot themselves, the Vishanti chose to use the Deviants, an offshoot of humanity and the creations of the Celestials, to carry out their sinister scheme. In exchange for their allegiance the Vishanti promised the Deviants that once the Celestials were defeated the Deviants would become the new masters of the Earth. In the ultimate act of betrayal, the Deviants accepted the Vishanti’s terms and used the Sword of the Vishanti to slay their creators; not one Celestial survived. As a consequence of the Celestials’ deaths, the normal laws of science took second chair to the influence of sorcery in this realm. Here magic reigns supreme.

In the millennia following the Celestial War, the Vishanti determined that in order to achieve a higher form and purpose, they needed to purge themselves completely of their mortal proclivities. Cyttorak, not wishing to join the others in this divine enlightenment, set apart from the group, resigned to his own endeavors. The others understood and amicably accepted his withdrawal. Using the Sword of the Vishanti, each released their sanguine essences to create a coruscant blood red sea and a mirroring horizon to both honor their ally and to light his path to the Vishanti, if in his heart of hearts Cyttorak desired to join them again. This path became known as the Crimson Dawn. It is the way of the shadow that seeks the light.

Fast forward to the present day. Deviant City, New Ghaur. Matteo Marduk, a brilliant, gray area attorney for a prestigious Magic Circle law firm returns home from an outing with his mistress to find his wife and 3 children slain, their bodies hacked, twisted and contorted into what the police believe is an occult symbol. The culprits are never found.

Distraught, Matteo finds the bottom of a whiskey bottle and then finds his notion of God. In a cold, dank alley Cyttorak appears before him and reveals to him the true reasons for his family’s death. Matteo’s wife was in fact Cyttorak’s disciple and blood descendant. She was entrusted with hiding the Sword of the Vishanti, a duty passed on from daughter to daughter. She was the only person who kept this knowledge. Not even Cyttorak knew its whereabouts.

Cyttorak confides in Matteo that he believes that one of the Vishanti has returned to Deviant Earth in search of the Sword. With it this being could rival the Creator and corrupt all realities to suit their whim. Cyttorak implores Matteo to undertake the path of the Crimson Dawn, find the Sword of the Vishanti, and slay the entity responsible for the death of his descendant and Matteo’s family.

Whether on mainstream Earth or Deviant Earth, is there ever any doubt that Daredevil will see justice done?

RAZ0R'S WICCAN
    What if the Scarlet Witch had never lost her children?

This is my Wiccan...sorry for the crummy pic, I don't have a scanner anymore so I had to take a photo instead
    image.jpg
    In this alternate universe Master Pandemonium tried to trick the Scarlet Witch into thinking her twin sons were parts of his soul, but the truth was they were very much created by Wanda herself as she'd always believed. The West Coast Avengers rescued the boys from him, and with that one tragedy averted Wanda never had her breakdown. She became an integral part of the West Coast Avengers and raised Tommy and Billy on the compound. Both of the boys developed their powers young, and Wanda made sure they were well-schooled in using them. Billy especially spent a lot of time working with Agatha Harkness to hone his magical skill while Tommy worked with his uncle Quicksilver who'd rejoined the Avengers at Wanda's request.

When the boys were a little older (though still not teens), they met Franklin Richards and learned of Power Pack. Tommy and Billy figured if kids could be superheroes in NY, why not LA? Having always idolised his mother, Billy took the name Scarlet Warlock (fortunately Tommy managed to convince him there was no cool way he could incorporate the tiara). Together with Spider-Woman's daughter who calls herself Spider-Girl & Luna and Lockjaw when she's visiting her dad the kids have adventures as the Young Avengers!

RAZ0R'S SPIDER WOMAN

image.jpg
    EARTH 1313: The Spider Woman
    On one alternate Earth, it was Chthon rather than Gaea who survived all the other Elder Gods to shepherd life on Earth in his image over the millennia. On a world brimming with mind-bending insanity and supernatural horrors, the Spider Woman is one of his most gruesome children. With pheromones that bend men to her will, she hunts freely and uses her enhanced strength and agility along with her wall-crawling and venom blasts to cannibalise her generally willing male victims.

The same pheromone power turns women against her at every step, and the Spider Woman will avoid confrontation with other women whenever she can. Sometimes just for sadistic pleasure, Chthon allows her glimpses into the life of her counterparts from other realities who are more heroic just so she knows the potential she will never fulfil.

SUPERNATURE'S AMERICA CHAVEZ
    (I suck at backstories lol :/)

MS. AMERICA CHAVEZ

Earth-1982

This is the United States of America of an alternate reality. Pugs have become the dogs of choice for the poor / minorities: they bring happiness to the children and create rainbows and giggles out of thin air, much to the disapproval of the newly elected US President Donald Meagan. On October 14, he decides to put an end to it and declares War On Pugs.

Coming from an alternate dimension of the multiverse, America's parents have moved to this dimension to escape the destruction of their world.
    Born a US citizen and proud of it, Ms America Chavez decides to use her otherworldly superhuman physiology to bring justice to the world.

She is of the people and fights for the people. Pugs are one of the many causes she defends. She'll defend the oppressed and punch any supernatural / cosmic threat back to where it came from. She'll also get the old lady's cat on the tree if asked.
    Also she's a biker (but I was not going to draw that, girl).

PERSONAMANX'S WONDER MAN

Yeah, I kind of didn't know where I wanted to go with Simon from the beginning. I had a few ideas that could have been cool but I settled on a simple, humourous one that I thought I could pull off. Tried to re-imagine him as something of a Fitness instructor but it kind of fizzled out and does not really show much. It essentially just kind of ended up being a normal drawing of the guy with some minor costume changes. The only thing I'm really satisfied with is the colourization in photoshop and that was just through experimentation... which I guess is to say I learned something through this piece.

I'll take 99 as my second and try to put more love and thought into it.

ALAN 2099'S CAROL DANVERS

Carol Danvers aka Mistress Marvel

Carol Danvers followed Marcus Immortus into the future where together they ruled over their own section of the Time Stream for decades. However, they eventually caught the attention of Kang resulting in a war that was waged up and down the Time Stream. Using time viewing equipment of her own, Carol discovered that every timeline in which she stayed with Marcus resulting in death and destruction or worse. Learning this, she traveled back and confronted her younger self.

After a lengthy battle that drew in both Kang and the Avengers, the younger Carol (who had already been ruling along side Marcus for a considerable time) found herself locked out of the timestream and stuck in the present day again where she's struggling to readjust.

Don't you just love time travel?

For her design I went with a variation of her classic suit, with added future technology and Immortus/Kang's color scheme.

PEEP'S SUNSPOT

Roberto DeCosta - Born into an upperclass family of Hobbits in middle earth. He banded together with others of his kind with magical items to keep his kind safe. Using a solar staff to generate beams of power and light he fights for truth, justice and another ale.

Left off on old thread pg 7, post 91

Will pick this up sometime tomorrow and add the rest of the finished pieces

Stay tuned

I was wondering if we were going to continue this.

BANNED

Lucky number 7

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I was wondering if we were going to continue this.
    Yep. I was filling in for Justin and then came the CBR relaunch. Hopefully I can get all the old pieces over here on the new thread tomorrow. Plus Justin should be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Lucky number 7
    I still have the super secret list....EP, you have selected DAKEN

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Yep. I was filling in for Justin and then came the CBR relaunch. Hopefully I can get all the old pieces over here on the new thread tomorrow. Plus Justin should be back soon.

I still have the super secret list....EP, you have selected DAKEN
    :rubs hands together: whattayaknow it was lucky