Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's talk about WBD and Paramount merging

https://deadline.com/2023/12/warner-...ks-1235679104/
    two heavily in debt companies merging certainly sounds like a different strategy

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    two heavily in debt companies merging certainly sounds like a different strategy
    People are claiming it’s a strategy by WBD to spur a company to dive in to buy them. There are a couple companies that could.

Apple has a HUGE war chest and could outright buy WBD and not have debt last I checked.

Universal/Comcast is the rumored entity that could be circling in 2024.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People are claiming it’s a strategy by WBD to spur a company to dive in to buy them. There are a couple companies that could.

Apple has a HUGE war chest and could outright buy WBD and not have debt last I checked.

Universal/Comcast is the rumored entity that could be circling in 2024.
    Wasn't it the merger with AT&T that helped get WB deeper in the red than they already were?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Wasn't it the merger with AT&T that helped get WB deeper in the red than they already were?
    The train left the station really at the start when Time Warner merged with AOL in late 1990s. That began the rolling train of crazy debt made from mergers. At one point the company had to write off $99 billion in debt in a year or two.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    The debt was on AT&T end. Purchasing WB put them in the red. I honestly preferred them since they went all in on Max.