Default Could there be a Luke/ Han/ Leia Star Wars animated series?

It seems like an obvious project for Disney to make would be an animated series about the main Star Wars characters.

The big question is how to handle it.

One way to do it would just be to have adventures set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.

There are plenty of comics and novels to adapt, although that it may be better to go with new stories to avoid rights issues.

Another strategy would be to retell the original trilogy, adding a lot more adventures in between and making minor changes (IE- introducing Lando Calrissian earlier.)

Is this something you'd like to see? How would it work?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would make it an adaption of shadows of the empire seeing how that particular time period isn't as explored.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, I would just embrace how something like Ahsoka has embraced being ambitious with storytelling, fear-of-overshadowing-the-ST be damned, and make an ambitious, fun, and at least “trying to be epic” post-OT series.

Something like…

In the immediate aftermath of the Battle Of Jakku, Leia has to help the Republic deal with new political factions across the Galaxy, including the dystopian and capitalistic Confederacy Of Corporate Systems and it’s security forces, the Corporate Sector Authority, headed by the too-easily-underestimated Zsinj, and spearheaded by his elite security force, the Raptors, composed of ex-Imperial Super Commandos and left-over BX Droid Commandos, and supported by a secret, massively modified Super Star Destroyer, the Iron Fist.

Han is busy being a stay-at-home dad… but keeps getting tempted into helping Republic Intelligence by Lando, who’s helping Leia by investigating how Zsinj is probably using his secret criminal underworld empire to destabilize nearby systems to try and get them to ask the Corporate Systems to take them in instead of the Republic. Han eventually gets recruited to join Lando’s special task force, the Wraith Squadron, in their mission.

Luke, meanwhile, gets dragged into the conflict early by finding himself disturbed by the Corporate System’s abuse of authority and assisting an insurgency against them, causing some minor conflict with the Republic given how his actions reflect on them, and teaming up with Wraith Squadron infiltrator Shira Brie… who is in fact secretly an ex-Inquisitor and current Raptor Infiltrator for Zsinj plotting to start her own dark side group…

…Oh what the hell, Luke also finds himself teaming up with could-be Jedi Kyle Katarn and romancing Mara Jade, an ex-Imperial Intelligence operative struggling with guilt over her past and her latent force powers.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I'm surprised there hasn't been a cartoon based on the Original trilogy already. I guess you could do an anthology like the Clone wars- untold stories set between the 3 films. You could even have Old Luke narrate the series as a tale he's telling his students.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-11-2023 at 12:47 PM.

At the moment Marvel seems to be covering that period with the Star Wars monthly. Kind of curious what their plans are since they seem to be closing the gap between ESB and JEDI (Luke's in his black outfit, the Death Star II is being constructed, etc).

The Crimson Dawn stuff (War of the Bounty Hunters/Crimson Reign/Hidden Empire) kind of was the Disney canon's version of Shadows of the Empire.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Disney do a series of shorts called Forces of Destiny, mainly intended for a female audience, but many of which featured OT characters in addition to the other trilogies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9gk3JMMHRY

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a cartoon based on the Original trilogy already. I guess you could do an anthology like the Clone wars- untold stories set between the 3 films. You could even have Old Luke narrate the series as a tale he's telling his students.
    Yeah it's surprising after the success SW animation has had that the original cast hasn't been given the treatment. Especially considering the voice work Hamill has done. You'd never get a lot of the other actors doing voice work like this but that didn't stop Clone Wars and it shouldn't stop the OT.

I'd totally support something like this. Not a cartoon guy but for this cast of characters I'd happily make an exception. They could handle it like the Clone Wars and split focus between the big names and secondary characters, like Wedge or Mothma. They could jump around the timeline a little and tell stories set between the original films, or during the Mando era, etc. That might be a little hard to follow but wouldn't require a ton of effort to deal with, just start each episode/arc with a timeline instead of a quasi-inspirational fortune cookie quote like Clone Wars did; black screen and "X years ABY; after Yavin" or whatever.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Luke appeared in some video games but Hammill didn't return to voice him; he did however do an advertisement in character for the Vector Prime novel around 2000 or so.

Although Hammill certainly could've done it I suppose-he did a ton of voice work for video games. There's the Joker of course but also Wing Commander and many other genre roles.

Wonder why he didn't voice Luke again (Bob Bergen did most of the voice work for Luke in those games).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Luke appeared in some video games but Hammill didn't return to voice him; he did however do an advertisement in character for the Vector Prime novel around 2000 or so.

Although Hammill certainly could've done it I suppose-he did a ton of voice work for video games. There's the Joker of course but also Wing Commander and many other genre roles.

Wonder why he didn't voice Luke again (Bob Bergen did most of the voice work for Luke in those games).
    At the time, to have Luke be played by Hamill on tv, in a movie, or for a video game, it would mean they would have to pay not only Hamill himself, but George Lucas, LucasFilm, and all the other subsidiaries who hold an investing interest in the character.

It was the old "likeness clause."

Same thing happened to Ernie Hudson when he tried out to voice Winston Zeddemore in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon.

Things are different now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium