Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Golden Age Green Lantern was originally as invulnerable as Superman (except versus wood). Generating shields came later. Honestly, he didn't do a lot of energy projection of any kind in the first few years.

BANNED

a few things ive noticed/learned from reading old back issues of old Uncanny X-Men, Power Pack etc

Uncanny X-Men in late 1970s early 1980s, Kitty Pryde was a brat and she can get pretty mouthy even a little racist at times where she would call random black punks the N word

Power Pack, the Power kids are young and yet they can take on a race of scary lizard aliens

still amazes me that Marvel let the Conan the Barbarian comic get away with violence and some sexual stuff that went on in the old issues

I still think Groo and What The?! were the best underrated goofy comedy series by Marvel

Dan Ketch's Ghost Rider fought a lot of extreme 90s mercenary types early in his series and The Kingpin was repeatedly teased as a threat. Not the type of baddies you typically think of when it comes to GR.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Golden Age Green Lantern was originally as invulnerable as Superman (except versus wood). Generating shields came later. Honestly, he didn't do a lot of energy projection of any kind in the first few years.
    He was also originally vulnerable to anything "organic" (not fists, though, I believe). It got limited to wood a few issues later.

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    Uncanny X-Men in late 1970s early 1980s, Kitty Pryde was a brat and she can get pretty mouthy even a little racist at times where she would call random black punks the N word
    The only time I remember her using that word was one specific instance where she said it to make a point about the word 'mutie'. They didn't even show actual racists using that word.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    The only time I remember her using that word was one specific instance where she said it to make a point about the word 'mutie'. They didn't even show actual racists using that word.
    ^^^Yeah that was a huge exaggeration in that post. I was gonna point that out but, meh.

BANNED

well she got really mouthy and was saying the N word in other issues of Uncanny X-Men right after God Loves Man Kills.

She'll say the N word to random tough guy black punks out on the streets but at the same time she's fine with being buddies with Stevie and Storm

well she got really mouthy and was saying the N word in other issues of Uncanny X-Men right after God Loves Man Kills.

She'll say the N word to random tough guy black punks out on the streets but at the same time she's fine with being buddies with Stevie and Storm
    ^^^LOL, you’re obv. free to interpret things any which way to like but there’s no randomness here…:

https://www.cbr.com/you-go-your-way-...of-the-n-word/

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Dan Ketch's Ghost Rider fought a lot of extreme 90s mercenary types early in his series and The Kingpin was repeatedly teased as a threat. Not the type of baddies you typically think of when it comes to GR.
    I know, right?! Along with... aliens (Brood Trouble In The Big Easy):

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-15-2023 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Along with... aliens (Brood Trouble In The Big Easy):

^^^I liked this somewhat grounded urban vigilante era for GR. It was a nice mix of human villains and spooky characters.
    Once they started “going big” w. the plot and villains, it lost its appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I liked this somewhat grounded urban vigilante era for GR. It was a nice mix of human villains and spooky characters.
    Once they started “going big” w. the plot and villains, it lost its appeal to me.
    I know, right?! Once The Lilin became the primary antagonists, the title never fully recovered

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-15-2023 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Once The Lilin became the primary antagonists, the title never fully recovered

^^^Agreed, that’s when GR jumped the shark for.

Prob. the shark from Jaws The Revenge!

BANNED

another thing about the X-Men

they have a habit of constantly having children that they dont know about. Especially Colossus where he still has a kid in the Savage Land.

also the whole Inferno thing. that was a a storyline that should have been more of a Dr Strange thing instead of the X-Men.

actual demons, goblins whatever else that went on

Do you have any examples?

Do you have any examples?
    I posted a link to the examples.