Default Sinestro's Best Moments

What are some of Sinestro's greatest moments in comics or any other media he has appeared in? Whether it's an impressive showcase of his skills or his intelligence, some great dialogue, or just a good moment with another character or characters, please share!

I'll start with a fun one, and that's the fist fight with Kyle in GLC:

Another fun and newer one is in Forever Evil when he schools Batman on what it takes to wield a yellow ring:

and some neat dialogue from Emerald Dawn 2:

What are some other good moments?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

I like how he was able to break out of his science-cell by telling stories of the Guardians' ineptitude to Sector 3600 in "Tales of the GLC Annual #2."

And just the fact that he was able to create an entire Yellow Lantern Corps and get them to buy into it being called the "Sinestro Corps."
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-12-2023 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like how he was able to break out of his science-cell by telling stories of the Guardians' ineptitude to Sector 3600 in "Tales of the GLC Annual #2."

And just the fact that he was able to create an entire Yellow Lantern Corps and get them to buy into it being called the "Sinestro Corps."
    Agreed, and that moment from TotGLC is truly awesome.

I want to add, the part of Sinestro Corps War where Hal is wielding all the yellow rings and Sinestro comes in and beats him down like nothing, because Hal hasn't "opened his mind to fear" was just great.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Geoff John's GL Run was the best comic arc I ever read. Here are my favorite Sinestro Moments

1. Sinestro repairing the City's Bridge and Hal's Jet: Every lantern has a specialty. Hal is willpower. John, the strongest constructs. Kyle, his imagination. But Sinestro? I'd say he's the most skilled of the ring slingers. I remember this one scene where a city bridge got destroyed. Hal is making Rescue Constructs and Sinestro berates him for not paying attention to his previous teachings. Sinesto then completely rebuilds that bridge. Every piece of shrapnel, pebble, he puts the structure all back togther through will power like it never got destroyed.

And speaking of that previous teaching. Hal was flying his jet and Sinestro destroys it. Hal was upset because that Jet costed a fortune. Making a construct won't help. Sinestro literally puts that jet back together after he blew it up much to the suprise of Hal.

The Question that wasn't answered for years. When Hal and Sinestro were captured on Ysmalt and were to be executed, Hal wanted to ask Sinestro a question. Before he could get the chance, the escaped. We never found out what it was until the very end of John's Run. I absolutely loved this moment. Perfect way to end things and this explains why Hal and Sinestro are my favorite Rivals:

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...rtu0qohw31.jpg