Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The X Game

Default The X Game

Every Marvel Character who has ever been on a team, group, or equivalent that was called X-(something) or (something)-X in a Battle Royal.

They can play it anyway they want, alone or teaming up, but in the end there can only be one X Person remaining.

Status of each is their most powerful While They Were members of their respective X-team or teams.

Who would be the last one standing?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

While they were actually active X-members? Probably Dark Phoenix then.

Even Peak Rachel doesn’t hit Dark Phoenix levels, and neither Nate or Jean Grey were at their peaks while active on the teams.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Dark Phoenix is a solid call.

Some others who come to mind...

Scarlet Witch perhaps, though one would have to consider House of M probably for her to be a member of an X-organization.

Rachel specifically when she was amped to the gills by the Beyonder during Secret Wars II - she was an X-Man and was explicitly given enough power to do crazy stuff (including hurt Big B himself), though she never supernovas a star or anything.

Scott, near the end of AvX, when he was mainlining the entire Phoenix force had some decent feats and would probably be on the Dark Phoenix level.

Quire is a full Phoenix Force host in a couple of scenarios as future versions or alternate reality versions, mostly to just get Worfed. It's still Phoenix, though, like Rachel, he tends to lack Dark Phoenix level feats as the host.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Way back in X-Men #65, Charles Xavier channelled the collective psychic force of the human race to drive off an alien invasion.

What about Darwin?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Way back in X-Men #65, Charles Xavier channelled the collective psychic force of the human race to drive off an alien invasion.
    Yeah, but Dark Phoenix kinda blew up a star system.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Rachel specifically when she was amped to the gills by the Beyonder during Secret Wars II - she was an X-Man and was explicitly given enough power to do crazy stuff (including hurt Big B himself), though she never supernovas a star or anything.
    I believe this was Dazzler he empowered, actually. Either way, this is probably the only state technically beyond Dark Phoenix here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I believe this was Dazzler he empowered, actually. Either way, this is probably the only state technically beyond Dark Phoenix here.
    If it was Dazzler, she hadn’t joined the X-Men at the time of Secret Wars II. She joined (along with Psylocke, Longshot and a returning Havok) in the wake of the Mutant Massacre when Kitty, Piotr and Kurt got KO’d.

So Dark Phoenix is still winning.

Unless we’re now counting periods when they weren’t in the team, in which case you open the floodgates to White Crown Phoenix, which… ouch… so Phoenix still wins.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Was the Phoenix force, in any host or variation, ever truly a member of an X team? The Phoenix Force isn't it's self a mutant or a human, just a plot device entity to empower others.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Was the Phoenix force, in any host or variation, ever truly a member of an X team? The Phoenix Force isn't its self a mutant or a human, just a plot device entity to empower others.
    For quite some time (several years), Phoenix was impersonating Jean while the real Jean was very slowly recovering in a coccoon at the bottom of the ocean. Through all that time, Phoenix served on the team, albeit they all thought she was Jean.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    While there was a Dazzler empowerment in the original SW II (weird to say), big is correct; Rachel had one as well, and the Beyonder gave her enough oomph to potentially kill him.

For me, despite the lack of corroborating feats, this puts her above anyone mentioned yet. Hurting/potentially killing the Pre-Retcon Behinder[sic] >>> blowing up a star.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-16-2023 at 10:32 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    For quite some time (several years), Phoenix was impersonating Jean while the real Jean was very slowly recovering in a coccoon at the bottom of the ocean. Through all that time, Phoenix served on the team, albeit they all thought she was Jean.
    Ah, yes, the original X-Factor excuse. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    While there was a Dazzler empowerment in the original SW II (weird to say), big is correct; Rachel had one as well, and the Beyonder gave her enough oomph to potentially kill him.

For me, despite the lack of corroborating feats, this puts her above anyone mentioned yet. Hurting/potentially killing the Pre-Retcon Behinder[sic] >>> blowing up a star.
    If she could genuinely hurt Soul-Glo Leisure Suit Larry, yeah, she’s way above anything else.

I mean this was the same series in which he killed Death on a whim just for funsies.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    If she could genuinely hurt Soul-Glo Leisure Suit Larry, yeah, she’s way above anything else.
    I do like this longer nickname.

I mean this was the same series in which he killed Death on a whim just for funsies.
    Admittedly, killing Death took something out of him, and weakened him. But he got it all back later.

And that was part of his Big Plan to be The Biggest Hero! EVAR!

…gawd, PR-Beyonder was such a genuinely unlikeable doofus.
    Why are we here?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Ah, okay. I guess I missed that particular tie-in. : P

I do like this longer nickname.

Admittedly, killing Death took something out of him, and weakened him. But he got it all back later.

And that was part of his Big Plan to be The Biggest Hero! EVAR!

…gawd, PR-Beyonder was such a genuinely unlikeable doofus.
    Look, he was trying his best, okay? The man had only recently learned how to poop, cut him some slack. :B