Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Alot of us here, not all certainly, have been pretty disappointed in the way Kang was introduced and how interesting he is as a villain. With the lackluster numbers especially for Ant-Man, I suspect Disney has been seeking a way to right the Kang ship. This is an excuse to go find another boat.
    Which I really hope not just a speed boat toward Doom. Like he doesn't need a decade long Thanos like build up, but he certainly needs some proper seasoning on the grand stage.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

But what if ... Doom is a Kang variant?!? Victor Timely ... Victor Von Doom.... ehh?? (I personally wouldn't mind that as long as they keep the bulk of Doom's backstory, but I can see everyone losing their $#!t over that)

Or even if Doom's a descendant of Victor Timely and learned about the multiverse from his experiences, learned about magic from Timely's encounter with Loki, etc... so Doom comes of age and usurps the Council of Kangs, yada yada.... "Doom Dynasty!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Which I really hope not just a speed boat toward Doom. Like he doesn't need a decade long Thanos like build up, but he certainly needs some proper seasoning on the grand stage.
    People seem to forget that Dr. Doom was in two movies already. Not that I can't blame them

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    People seem to forget that Dr. Doom was in two movies already. Not that I can't blame them
    lol -- He was in three movies. (no, I'm not counting the Corman film) I guess you forgot one of them, not that I blame you.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-21-2023 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    But what if ... Doom is a Kang variant?!? Victor Timely ... Victor Von Doom.... ehh?? (I personally wouldn't mind that as long as they keep the bulk of Doom's backstory, but I can see everyone losing their $#!t over that)

Or even if Doom's a descendant of Victor Timely and learned about the multiverse from his experiences, learned about magic from Timely's encounter with Loki, etc... so Doom comes of age and usurps the Council of Kangs, yada yada.... "Doom Dynasty!"
    It would be kind of interesting if they take another old timey European-esque baddie and make them black after Baron Mordo .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of interesting if they take another old timey European-esque baddie and make them black after Baron Mordo .
    Well, Doom would be several generations down the line, so they could cast a wider (whiter?) net. But his heritage might be up in the air if Marvel wants to avoid the "Romany as scary magical people" stereotype.