Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, they wouldn't even need to use former villains if they wanted to get the gist of the Thunderbolts.

A bunch of second stringers, also rans and science experiment cast offs stepping up and into the shoes of the Avengers? I'd watch that.

The current Thunderbolt team reminds me of the CW's Legends of Tomorrow. Basically, they hired some actors to play big roles and then realized that they needed to do something with the characters just to keep the characters around for later.
    The original take on the ThunderBolts was perfect...After Zemo and the rest were exposed it was meh...I want the original take on the Thunderbolts, not a cast off Avenger team...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, they wouldn't even need to use former villains if they wanted to get the gist of the Thunderbolts.

A bunch of second stringers, also rans and science experiment cast offs stepping up and into the shoes of the Avengers? I'd watch that.

The current Thunderbolt team reminds me of the CW's Legends of Tomorrow. Basically, they hired some actors to play big roles and then realized that they needed to do something with the characters just to keep the characters around for later.
    They would never have pulled off the former villains either because they kill off too many and barely build up villains as it is.

The mix of heroes and villains in Legends of Tomorrow was kind of fun. It was brilliant to use Flash rogues the way they did, they were perfect for the part. But yah, who ya gonna get in the MCU who's still alive right now? You'd have to introduce the villains like they did in Legends, whereas the young heroes are well known.

Problem for me is I kind of want a Thunderbolts team with Norman Osborn in charge of it. You've got Gargan and Toomes already, but no Osborn
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-21-2023 at 10:34 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Zemo is still alive and is still pretty smart and may know a thing or two about how to create super powered villains. It would be nice to have him return with a team but it looks like we are gonna get Suicide Squad light.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Zemo is still alive and is still pretty smart and may know a thing or two about how to create super powered villains. It would be nice to have him return with a team but it looks like we are gonna get Suicide Squad light.
    Well, we need an active Avengers team again to motivate him to break out of prison to take them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we need an active Avengers team again to motivate him to break out of prison to take them down.
    You could have them go after something in New Asgard. Some powerful relic the government wants.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Well he was the Catalyst for a lot of civil unrest. Maybe it's all a part of the plan...Lay back in Prison, watch Heroes become vilified, create a pseudo avengers with some bad guys that have a good guys look and then break out and cause havok...Maybe he is pulling all the strings and Valentina is his Baroness.

Except that he hates the very idea of super-powered people. I can see him reluctantly having to team up with powered people again because of Val, but then have his own scheme brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Except that he hates the very idea of super-powered people. I can see him reluctantly having to team up with powered people again because of Val, but then have his own scheme brewing.
    I actually like the idea of Zemo leading a Supervillain team with the intention of betraying them or screwing them over exactly for being Supervillains but then they turn on him and go straight as the Thunderbolts.

The original take on the ThunderBolts was perfect...After Zemo and the rest were exposed it was meh...I want the original take on the Thunderbolts, not a cast off Avenger team...
    I thought it was a big shock when their cover was blown as early as it was and their lives as heroes blew up rather than let it drag out. I liked seeing the team begin to split between the ones who discovered they liked being heroes and the ones who really were bad deep down. And I liked Hawkeye coming in as well - it was exciting not knowing where the title was headed during that time where there was no real status quo for very long.

Ultimate Member

They would never have pulled off the former villains either because they kill off too many and barely build up villains as it is.
    That is true. I feel like Ghost and Zemo are two of the few villains left alive that could possibly be Thunderbolts.

And part of that is down to Marvel movies overuse, IMO, of big hordes of disposable CGI mooks at the end of their movies. If Loki had recruited (or empowered) some actual villains to join his boring CGI chitauri at the end of Avengers, or if Hydra had managed to empower more individuals than Wanda and Pietro, so that Ultron's 'side' included more than a hundred boring mini-Ultrons, there could be a few more bad-guys floating around to make a Thunderbolts team from. Maybe even had Loki bring some allies with him from Asgard, and make a better use of Skurge than was used in the Thor movies, or introduce Amora, or even a Frost Giant 'sibling' (who could later be dressed up as a 'giant human' and take on the 'superhero' name 'Atlas').

Plus, yes, there are some deaths that could have been avoided. Killmonger's injury could have been non-mortal, thanks to Wakandan tech (shove a kimoyo beads in there, don't they fix anything? It worked on Ross...). Mysterio could have, what a shock, faked his death, beyond even Stark's AI's capability of detecting it (he did control said AI for awhile, maybe he had her programmed to 'confirm' his death as part of a getaway plan?), and he'd be a perfect person to mastermind a 'fake superhero' plot, since *he's already done it.*

Spider-Man's done the best job of not killing his enemies (barring Mysterio, obvs), with the Vulture and Scorpion still potentially around, but I actually have no idea if Marvel can use them in a non-cooperative venture with Sony... The Vulture isn't married to that specific tech, which blew up anyway, and could be the seed around an MCU Beetle->Mach V transformation could occur, using *different* alien tech he had squirreled away somewhere to design a new identity.

Still, I don't dislike any of the characters being proposed in the current MCU Thunderbolts (except Fontaine, who annoys TF out of me, the British spy lady from Secret Invasion is 100x better!), even if it's a bit lower-power a lineup than I'd have preferred. Hoping it's even a fraction as good as one of my favorite MCU movies, also with lower-powered characters, Cap 2: Winter Soldier.

I think they could use Dr. Doom.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That is true. I feel like Ghost and Zemo are two of the few villains left alive that could possibly be Thunderbolts.
    Abomination. They don't even have to acknowledge whatever he did on She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Abomination. They don't even have to acknowledge whatever he did on She-Hulk.
    Good no one ever needs to mention that again.