Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The kang in ant-man 3 was not goofy.
    Agreed. He was legit threatening

The Kangs at the end and Timely were a bit goofy on the other hand...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Heard Kang is being dropped for Dr. Doom, but honestly i hope not, Doom is one character that should not be used as a substitute and they had tried bring Doom to life and failed and i don't want to see him get beating but something akin to an army of ants...or god forbid squirrels.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed. He was legit threatening
    I respectfully disagree. Nothing against Majors' performance, but they nerfed him in Ant-Man 3. I don't think anyone can buy him as a legit threat to the Avengers after they botched him so badly.

Astonishing Member

They should get rid of Kang fast. Not that Mayors is a bad actor, no he is quite good and very capable, but most non comic reader get the character. And its too convoluted for them. Even that you have to criss cross between movies and shows to get the whole point is not a good idea. Marvel is writing itself into the corner.

When I asked my homies and there wife/friends no one really cared about Kang. The multiverse is too muddled and confusing for them. They lose the interest to follow it.

I mean recasting should’ve just been the solution in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I mean recasting should’ve just been the solution in the first place.
    ^^^Totally.

Ive Never understood not doing it.
    I still LOL at the lame ass attempts to rationalize replacing Ruby Rose’s Kate Kane w. an entirely different character in a hugely convoluted manner on CW’s BATWOMAN instead of just recasting.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah we already gonna see different versions of Mr. Fantastic soon and we already had it with Spider-Man. So they can recast and go from there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Totally.

I still LOL at the lame ass attempts to rationalize replacing Ruby Rose’s Kate Kane w. an entirely different character in a hugely convoluted manner on CW’s BATWOMAN instead of just recasting.
    They did recast Kate Kane though. Just didn't want her to be the main character anymore.

Show was much better with a different Batwoman IMHO.

Considering the little I know of how they’ve handled Kang, he seems like one of the easiest characters to recast. They’re all variants, aren’t they?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Nothing against Majors' performance, but they nerfed him in Ant-Man 3. I don't think anyone can buy him as a legit threat to the Avengers after they botched him so badly.
    How exactly did they botch him? Many people thought he was the best thing about the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    They did recast Kate Kane though. Just didn't want her to be the main character anymore.

Show was much better with a different Batwoman IMHO.
    ^^^Agree to disagree.
    The show wasn’t great to begin w. but that twist was garbage. Then oh hey, they recast Kate Kane anyway, Whoopie!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Considering the little I know of how they’ve handled Kang, he seems like one of the easiest characters to recast. They’re all variants, aren’t they?
    ^^^This guy gets it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    And the Loki series has already demonstrated that variants can be widely different looking physically. They dont even need much explanation for recast now.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Totally.

There is a problem with that comparison.

Marvel has shown they have absolutely no problem in recasting a character. They showed it with Rhodey, when Terrance Howard wanted more money. Marvel didn't skip a beat in firing him and hiring Don Cheadle. Same thing with the Hulk- Norton wanted too much control, so they fired him and got Mark Ruffalo to replace him.

The Arrowverse, on the other hand, seemed to have a strange aversion to recasting a role. Look no further than Supergirl-when they moved to Canada, they lost half the cast, and didn't recast any of them. Never mind that Max Lord and General Lane were set up at the end of the season to be working on something nefarious, or that Lucy Lane was set up as the Co-Director of the DEO- none of them were recast (Frankly, the only one you couldn't recast was Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant, because she OWNED that role).

Batwoman was even stranger- they started out saying they couldn't or wouldn't recast Kate Kane, created an OC, put her in the suit- then promptly recast Kate Kane, had her brainwashed into becoming a villain, then when the season ended and she was herself again (in mind if not in body), they just wrote her out of the show. To this day, I believe the showrunners didn't give a damn about Kate Kane; they only wanted a female Batman show and they didn't care who was in the suit, and they probably didn't have the rights to use any of the Batgirls at the time.