Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is the team I always think of
    JLA-AlexRoss.jpg
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Doc Magnus and the Metal Men

MetalMen.jpg

But actually it's the founding seven for me

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

If we went beyond 7 then Aquaman, Vixen, Zatanna, Doctor Light and Green Arrow are there as well.
    This is the correct answer for me! And it’s hopefully the lineup we’ll get in the DCU! Though I’d say I’d rather have Aquaman over MMH and the Flash has to be Barry.

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    The Flash (Barry)
    Green Lantern (John)
    Aquaman
    Hawkgirl

Green Arrow, Black Canary, Vixen, Black Lightning and Zatanna would be next in line.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Last edited by Mai Zen; 11-15-2023 at 08:15 PM.

Retired

I always think of the Blackhawks. Blackhawk himself, Chuck, Olaf, André, Hendrickson, Stan and Chopper (Liu Huang).

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

As I said in another thread, I don't like top-tier characters in a team book. It's never made sense to me. With that, I'd go with 2nd and 3rd tier characters:

Martian Manhunter
    Aquaman
    Hawkman
    Hawkgirl
    Green Arrow
    Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    Black Canary

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    That's the JUSTICE LEAGUE HEROES lineup!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    That's the JUSTICE LEAGUE HEROES lineup!!!!
    Ah fellow man of culture. Funnily it's my first exposure to DC Characters lol. Little kid Me got enamored with Zatanna, well she is fun to play with her skill sets. But seriously the beat them up gameplay is fun especially playing with co-ops

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    As I said in another thread, I don't like top-tier characters in a team book. It's never made sense to me. With that, I'd go with 2nd and 3rd tier characters:

Martian Manhunter
    Aquaman
    Hawkman
    Hawkgirl
    Green Arrow
    Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    Black Canary
    I like this lineup a lot. My only concern would be having 2 couples among the 7 members limits the perspectives that should be brought in a team book. It becomes a Hawks and Arrows book guest starring MM, GL and Aquaman.

Fantastic Member

It's weird how Wonder Woman is in almost every suggested lineup (even I would pick her) but she still has no memorable stories or even moments in JL stories.

She is part of the so called DC Trinity yet she is mostly relegated to sidelines in almost all JL stories.

Even Morrison in his acclaimed run barely had any use for her. Same with Kurt Busiek putting her in background in JLA/Avengers crossover. So even great writers fail at this aspect.

Fantastic Member

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Hal are mandatory

Green Arrow and Black Canary would be my preferred choices for 6 and 7

but I'd take Aquaman, Hawkgirl and Shazam as well
    I'd like to see Batgirl (Babs) and Supergirl on the team too, glad Kara is included in the justice league vs godzilla vs kong book.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Ah fellow man of culture. Funnily it's my first exposure to DC Characters lol. Little kid Me got enamored with Zatanna, well she is fun to play with her skill sets. But seriously the beat them up gameplay is fun especially playing with co-ops
    I wish they would do one of those HD updates and drop it on PSN. I would soooooooooo grab that. Was a fun game and the cutscene movie is better than the entirety of the DCEU. I also tend to hear the characters as voiced here. The sound effects for the powers was also spectacular! I recall Zatannas spells ("LAEHHHHHH!") and WWs lasso especially

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Super
    Bat
    Wonder
    Aqua
    Arrow
    Lantern
    Flash

I'm leaving the Hawks to JSA, the Zataras to the JLD, and the Martians as mission control so they're not part of the Seven fielders
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-17-2023 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    It's weird how Wonder Woman is in almost every suggested lineup (even I would pick her) but she still has no memorable stories or even moments in JL stories.

She is part of the so called DC Trinity yet she is mostly relegated to sidelines in almost all JL stories.

Even Morrison in his acclaimed run barely had any use for her. Same with Kurt Busiek putting her in background in JLA/Avengers crossover. So even great writers fail at this aspect.
    Morrison expressed his frustration about having to deal with the continuity of Leaguer solo titles. For a large part of his run, Diana was dead or ascended to Olympus as Goddess of Truth.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Morrison expressed his frustration about having to deal with the continuity of Leaguer solo titles. For a large part of his run, Diana was dead or ascended to Olympus as Goddess of Truth.
    Even when Morrison used Diana, he didn't do much with her. He got to write her in his Earth 2 standalone story, and there Diana just stands there while every other member gets their moment to shine. The only notable thing she does in the story is appearing on a TV screen to address the people of Earth 2, and upon seeing her Ultraman gets incredibly horny.

What a weird way to use the only female member of the league.