Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default February 2024 X-books Solicitations

Well, Marvel has released their February X-book solicitations early so might as well start the thread! Probably because next Thursday is Thanksgiving so smart move on their end. (Only ones missing seem to be Wolverine so I'll update the thread once they are released.)

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/14/ma...february-2024/
    and
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-2-covers-info

Fall of the House of X #2 (of 5)

Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art by LUCAS WERNECK

In FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X #2, the X-Men may be at their lowest spot, and they may be on the brink of complete eradication… but they are not going down without a fight! Polaris returns to guide the X-Men home, bringing a wicked surprise for Orchis! This epic tale split in two continues as the Krakoan Age nears its conclusion!

Rise of the Powers of X #2 (of 5)

Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art and Cover by R.B. SILVA

Outside time and space comes mutantdom's last hope in RISE OF THE POWERS OF X #2! Floating between dimensions, hiding from a Dominion who wishes to crush them. Can Xavier and his crew survive? And when we find out their plan, will we want them to? The end of the Krakoan Age continues in this epic tale split in two!

Cable #2 (of 4)

Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
    Art by SCOT EATON

THE FUTURE MAY NOT BE SET IN STONE – BUT CABLE MIGHT BE!

Cable and his younger counterpart are racing to try to stop the rise of the Neocracy before it can take root and exterminate all life on Earth as they know it – But when their investigations sends them crashing into the Grey Gargoyle, Cable and young Nate will have to battle for their lives or risk being turned into stone!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Dead X-Men #2 (of 4)

Written by STEVE FOXE
    Art by PETER NGUYEN, BERNARD CHANG & GIULLERMO SANNA

THE IMPOSSIBLE TEAM ON AN IMPOSSIBLE QUEST!

The Dead X-Men leap across time and space in a last-ditch effort to prevent catastrophe, but they’re not the only ones breaking through the fabric of reality! As these five mutants go places no one has gone before, a cloaked figure stalks them from the shadows…and nothing will survive if she reaches her goal!

Resurrection of Magneto #2 (of 4)

Written by AL EWING
    Art by LUCIANO VECCHIO

THE KEY – THE SECRET!

In the depths, Magneto was given a key by strange forces – and impossibly, he holds it still. Now, in death, Max Eisenhardt judges his own life – and counts the cost. Should he return to the world? Can he allow Storm to bring him back? And what does the Deep Key unlock?

X-Force #49

Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by ROBERT GILL

WONDER MAN AND BEAST – THE DYNAMIC DUO RETURNS!

In a simpler time, the bounding Beast partnered up with Avenger Wonder Man! But after Beast’s fall from grace, is there any chance these two can see eye to eye? In a last desperate attempt to take down Beast, witness the return of…Beast?!

X-Men #31

Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art by PHIL NOTO

THE ULTIMATE MUTANT HUNTER!

The X-Men lived in fear of Nimrod’s creation, and now it’s clear why! The ultimate weapon of mutant extinction is ever-adapting, ever-evolving, with only one goal – DEATH TO MUTANTKIND!

I wonder when the New X-men book is starting and whatever second Steve Foxe book is. If not the Foxe book is an unlimited arc that is to say.

X-men Forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I wonder when the New X-men book is starting and whatever second Steve Foxe book is. If not the Foxe book is an unlimited arc that is to say.

X-men Forever?
    X-Men: Forever starts in late March and is going through June so I'm thinking that could be when Foxe's second book and New X-Men start (if they're not the same title). Foxe keeps reiterating "spring" in interviews.

Hmm... my thoughts...

- Fall of the House of X #2 and Rise of the Powers of X #2 both look awesome. Looking forward to them.
    - Nathan looks like an absolute brick $#!thouse on that Cable #2 cover, and I love the fact that he's fighting some non-X-character villains again too (nice job, Fabian!). Kid Cable turned to stone and broken is the chef's kiss for me too, even though I know it's just a cover. Look forward to him shunting off to the future again after this series, so there's only one "Cable Prime" running around in the present day and it's the OG grown ass man version.
    - Dead X-men #2 looks solid. Love Dazzler's look there. I still ship her and Cable. Hope it happens. Regardless, buying this one.
    - X-Force #49 and X-men #31 both look good. So happy for Mungho getting his prayers answered. Classic Beast is back, baby. Oh, and I find it interesting that Logan is in his old yellow and blue costume on both covers... for that MCU synergy I suppose.

Good stuff.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

That Cassara nimrod cover is so fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    X-Force #49
    Laura's expression is my favorite.

No one can tell me there's justice in the world when Hellion isn't in a book, but Quentin Creeper is. I know being written by Percy is more of a punishment, but it's still not fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I hope cable gets a ongoing with Fabian and bring back Ian Churchill. I always thought he drew Cable the best.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

First month in a while I’m actually pretty excited about! Initial thoughts:

1. Excited for Lorna to return in a big way.
    2. Folks were speculating that demonic Kate was Rasputin last month, but it seems like Rasputin is still around and doing her own thing in this timeline.
    3. I’m gonna wait for word of mouth about Cable. Plot just seems pretty disconnected and I’m sad they haven’t announced anything for Camp yet.
    4. I can already tell Dead X-Men is gonna be a fave for me.
    5. I can’t believe they actually circled back to the Key plot from Giant Size Magneto! In Ewing we trust.
    6. They actually pulled the trigger and brought back Avengers Beast… maybe I should check out the final issues of X-Force.
    7. Still over Duggan’s X-Men, unless the quality drastically changes.
    8. Where is the New X-Men announcement?!?

Yeees. I'm a sucker for uniforms. Love how tall Frenzy is depicted.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I hope cable gets a ongoing with Fabian and bring back Ian Churchill. I always thought he drew Cable the best.
    This post is good and I fully endorse it. If not Fabian, let Deniz Camp do it. Or put him on X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    First month in a while I’m actually pretty excited about! Initial thoughts:

1. Excited for Lorna to return in a big way.
    2. Folks were speculating that demonic Kate was Rasputin last month, but it seems like Rasputin is still around and doing her own thing in this timeline.
    3. I’m gonna wait for word of mouth about Cable. Plot just seems pretty disconnected and I’m sad they haven’t announced anything for Camp yet.
    4. I can already tell Dead X-Men is gonna be a fave for me.
    5. I can’t believe they actually circled back to the Key plot from Giant Size Magneto! In Ewing we trust.
    6. They actually pulled the trigger and brought back Avengers Beast… maybe I should check out the final issues of X-Force.
    7. Still over Duggan’s X-Men, unless the quality drastically changes.
    8. Where is the New X-Men announcement?!?
    While it is disconnected, KingdomX, or at least feels that way, from the broader FotHX/RotPX event -- and I'm a bit dismayed by that too -- the art looks awesome so far from what Fabian has posted on X. Plus it's Fabian Nicieza! The guy has written more Cable than anyone alive, and it's sure to be a fun book. Buy it for me if for no other reason!
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 11-14-2023 at 04:41 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

I love uniforms.