Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Great news. Hope they cast some A list actors and hope Jason Mamoa's Lobo is in the film. He's a huge draw with women in particular. WBD is prioritizing S:WOT and must have high hopes for the film. It's jumped over The Authority and B&B to become the second DCU film. Supergirl is key to the DCU and though it's not likely her first film does a billion it might do better than The Batman and close to Wonder Woman numbers.

ma666565.jpg

Milly Alcock shares plans for upcoming DCU projects.

When she was questioned about her role she said that there would be something fresh and new in the film as well as to her character. She assured that fans will witness her immense powerful character in the film and it is going to be exciting for her as well.

While keeping the other details of the film’s plot private as of now Alcock did confess that DC has wider plans with Supergirl, it is an interconnection of Supergirl with the future. Fans are already speculating that her character is going to be a solid stoic like Batman.

Milly Alcock interview
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-26-2024 at 09:20 AM.

https://deadline.com/2024/04/supergi...ie-1235875238/

Cruella and I Tonya filmmaker Craig Gillespie is in talks to direct Supergirl for Warner Bros. DC Studios, we can tell you first.

The plan is for DC to shoot the movie for Q4 after they’ve completed James Gunn’s Superman which is shooting in Georgia for a July 11, 2025 theatrical release. DC Bosses Gunn and Peter Safran are producing. DC EVP Chantal Nong is executive producing we hear.

As we previously reported, House of the Dragon‘s Milly Alcock won the role of Supergirl, and she’ll appear in another DC project before making her big screen debut as the Angel of the Sky.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Cruella was alright and I, Tonya was incredible, so, I'm fine with this choice.

Fantastic Member

Really liked both Cruella and I, Tonya. He does good with female characters so this seems to be a good choice. Would have liked a woman to have gotten a chance though.

He likes directing blondes .

I've enjoyed the films of his I've seen so I can't say I hate the choice, though I do wonder if maybe studios are stepping back from this trend of hiring female directors for female-led suphero movies given all the recent ones had underwhelming box-offices.

It likely only became a thing because the first Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel were such hits but now both their sequels tanked they're going back to old hiring practices, obviously it's not fair as plently of male-directed superhero movies have also bombed but that's Hollywood for ya.

Astonishing Member

Always seemed a bit gimmicky to me, though undoubtedly well-intentioned. I'm of the mind that that you hire a person for what they can bring -- not their biology. If it's a woman, fine, but it shouldn't have to be a woman.