Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Great choice, she's a really good actress, and thanks to House of Dragon, she is quite recognizable.
    Looking forward to this.

Kinda want her to use her Aussie accent for Kara, would help with the immigrant vibes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Kara with an accent would sound so weird to me .

I just wonder if they'll adapt the skirt.

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So cast to play the version of Kara in Woman of Tomorrow (not surprising), although to be honest I feel like she'll come off younger than Kara was in that book.

She wasn't my first choice, but she will be totally able to play an edgy Supergirl. Maybe more of a nuanced character in the DCU hanging out with folks she should not be hanging out with. Definitely not a girl scout. S:WOT is going to be a Western type adventure spanning the cosmos. It sounds more interesting than Superman Legacy. Depending on the director and the budget (WBD can't scrimp too much due to the space setting) I could see S:WOT being the top grossing film of Chapter 1. Beating out perhaps Brave and Bold. Wonder Woman did 830 million and if there is similar magic when the first trailer comes out and given inflation it could do a billion. Her film will be helped by younger women and girls who've loved her in HOD. A Barbie type formula. for sure.

As to how she is used in the DCU I want her to have some sort of a relationship with Lex. Physically attracted to him and not believing those who say Lex is up to no good. Being somewhat like Batman and dealing with others in a manner similar to the Bat. The more intriguing Supergirl is the better for her films and for having a major character who at times may not seem like a typical hero and treads the line.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-29-2024 at 05:27 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kinda want her to use her Aussie accent for Kara, would help with the immigrant vibes.
    Or, hear me out, they could have cast an American.

Feel a bit bad for Meg Donnelly between her and Mily she was definitely the underdog pick and probably would've benefitted more career wise being cast while Milly could've probably ridden the House of Dragon hype to land any number of future big roles had she lost out but can't say I'm mad either as Hancock a fine actress, really charming and engaging actress with a lot of range and screen presence, she'll definitely be able to handle the more darker and intense aspects of Woman of Tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Feel a bit bad for Meg Donnelly between her and Mily she was definitely the underdog pick and probably would've benefitted more career wise being cast while Milly could've probably ridden the House of Dragon hype to land any number of future big roles had she lost out but can't say I'm mad either as Hancock a fine actress, really charming and engaging actress with a lot of range and screen presence, she'll definitely be able to handle the more darker and intense aspects of Woman of Tomorrow.
    At least Meg got to play animated Kara.

Milly's casting is getting raves. How much screentime will she get in Superman Legacy? I can see her onscreen presence being somewhat significant and likely more than the other heroes. Her film looks to be coming out in 2026 and I expect Gunn to use SL to boost that film. Bottom line, Milly is going to get more than a cameo or a single scene or two. She is more well known that the actors cast in SL so far with the exception of Hoult. That will boost her film as, IMO, Legacy's dearth of known actors is a potential issue in getting the GA out

milly.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-29-2024 at 05:47 PM.

She was great in House of the dragon. Really don’t mind whichever accent they go with, she was raised on an alien planet. Too bad for Sasha Calle though, hope she finds more success elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Milly's casting is getting raves. How much screentime will she get in Superman Legacy? I can see her onscreen presence being somewhat significant and likely more than the other heroes. Her film looks to be coming out in 2026 and I expect Gunn to use SL to boost that film. Bottom line, Milly is going to get more than a cameo or a single scene or two. She is more well known that the actors cast in SL so far with the exception of Hoult. That will boost her film as, IMO, Legacy's dearth of known actors is a potential issue in getting the GA out

milly.jpg
    I figure she at least gets a post-credit scene or a cameo but I think we would've known by now if she had a substantial role in the movie. But it'll mostly just be setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I figure she at least gets a post-credit scene or a cameo but I think we would've known by now if she had a substantial role in the movie. But it'll mostly just be setup.
    Yup - Legacy is a setup not just for her film but The Authority as well. Plus, I'd bet that one of the other heroes in Legacy gets a project announced for Phase 2 of Chapter 1. Is it a Superman film or a DCU setup film? Remember the others are not cameos but actual scenes. The Engineer actress is in Atlanta practicing for her stunts (fighting scenes) so Milly whose character will be more important in the DCU than these others almost certainly will get more screentime.

Will her hair be down to the shoulders or longer as Supergirl?

nilly2.jpg

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Milly Alcock will definitely fit perfectly for the more emo Supergirl they're going to give us. I was amazed to find out that she's taller than Meg. I would've figured it was the other way around.

But she was one of the best parts of HoD so her acting is definitely top notch