Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Milly Alcock will definitely fit perfectly for the more emo Supergirl they're going to give us. I was amazed to find out that she's taller than Meg. I would've figured it was the other way around.

But she was one of the best parts of HoD so her acting is definitely top notch
    Agree. I hope S:WOT is a two-part film with Supergirl returning to Earth at the end of the film setting up a quick follow-up. Gunn's crowded schedule doesn't allow for many more films in Phase 2, but fingers crossed a Supergirl sequel has been penciled in. It may feature Brainiac (Supergirl projects have been rumored to do that including a Cavill Supergirl/Superman film back a few years) and it may be that Supergirl will be the film vehicle to introduce classic villains like Brainiac and Metallo.

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Or, hear me out, they could have cast an American.
    Feels like there’s a miscommunication here: I’d prefer if Kara didn’t sound like a regular American.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I wouldnt mind if her origin were somewhat similar to Injustice

Wow!! Great casting for Kara. I only wish they weren't adapting this story.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ck-1235129348/
    Alcock screen-tested for DC Studios bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran last week, along with Meg Donnelly, who was also in contention for the role. The character is expected to appear in a DC Studios project (or two) before her solo adventure, but it’s unclear if that project will be Gunn’s Superman: Legacy, which begins filming this spring, or another DC movie or show. Supergirl is moving like a speeding locomotive and it’s possible the feature could be shooting in the fall, if Warners soon finds a director. Ana Nogueira is penning the script.
    Looks like Supergirl is up next as I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I wouldnt mind if her origin were somewhat similar to Injustice
    They’ll be using Tom King’s origin for her, it’s the whole point of adapting his story. I think they might swap Krem out for Lobo but otherwise I see them being fairly faithful to the WoT comic.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Or, hear me out, they could have cast an American.
    Not sure why, but I have a difficult time hearing an Australian accent from an alien. Those Skrulls in Captain Marvel totally took me out of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Yup - Legacy is a setup not just for her film but The Authority as well. Plus, I'd bet that one of the other heroes in Legacy gets a project announced for Phase 2 of Chapter 1. Is it a Superman film or a DCU setup film? Remember the others are not cameos but actual scenes. The Engineer actress is in Atlanta practicing for her stunts (fighting scenes) so Milly whose character will be more important in the DCU than these others almost certainly will get more screentime.
    I think it's a Superman film that includes various aspects of this new universe.

I don't think it's going to do much more setup than establishing Kara exists, though knowing how in media res this version is she might've already had a Supergirl career on Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Will her hair be down to the shoulders or longer as Supergirl?

Attachment 137368
    I am kind of curious about hair length as much as the costume.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    She was great in House of the dragon. Really don’t mind whichever accent they go with, she was raised on an alien planet. Too bad for Sasha Calle though, hope she finds more success elsewhere.
    Her Sundance movie just won the big prize. She's doing fine.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's a Superman film that includes various aspects of this new universe.

I don't think it's going to do much more setup than establishing Kara exists, though knowing how in media res this version is she might've already had a Supergirl career on Earth.

I am kind of curious about hair length as much as the costume.
    Yeah, I agree!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Looks like Supergirl is up next as I thought.

They’ll be using Tom King’s origin for her, it’s the whole point of adapting his story. I think they might swap Krem out for Lobo but otherwise I see them being fairly faithful to the WoT comic.
    It wont be a straight adaption and her origin was very brief in the novel. Plenty to build upon.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-30-2024 at 08:08 AM.

S:WOT could join The Dark Knight Rises and Wonder Woman as the most epic DC films of the past quarter century. It'll be an adaption of King's novel (which I just ordered) and how that adaption is done will be critical. I'm guessing S:WOT becomes the most anticipated DCU film in short order and as more info comes out - especially if they start shooting in the second half of the year as rumored. There is so much potential which could give the DCU a Wonder Woman early on - though WBD needs to move on a Wonder Woman film sooner rather than later. As it doesn't seem Brainiac will be in Superman Legacy my hope is he is in S:WOT. Maybe observing her and towards the end following her back to Earth. Could Lobo pop up also? WBD needs to showcase some of these villains who have not appeared in film before.

"One of my favorite comic book series from last year was Tom King’s run on 'Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow', so we’re gonna turn that into a big science fiction epic film. Now Superman is a guy sent to Earth and raised by loving parents, whereas Supergirl in this story, she is a character raised on a chunk of Krypton, she watched everybody around her perish in some terrible way, so she's a much more jaded character."
    ―James Gunn
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-30-2024 at 08:54 AM.

That post from Gunn shows he was blowing smoke about the Flash from the start. He was always going to recast the role . At least he can finally dispense with the pretenses.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That post from Gunn shows he was blowing smoke about the Flash from the start. He was always going to recast the role . At least he can finally dispense with the pretenses.
    Yeah, he was lying about the door being open to all DCEU actors to return except Cavill because too old (like this BS ever make any sense). Gunn was only going to keep the actors tied to his own DCEU projects he saved from cancellation (CC/Waller/Peacemaker S2). It was clear from the beginning despite him claiming otherwise.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-30-2024 at 11:55 AM.

Per the Hollywood Reporter Supergirl could appear in two projects before S:WOT comes out. Legacy is one and some are speculating maybe Creature Commandoes as well? Doubt that - I'd bet it's Waller or Peacemaker season 2 which premier IIRC before S:WOT comes out in 2026. Featuring her early shows that Gunn is indeed seeing her as "key" in some form or other.

"Alcock screen-tested for DC Studios bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran last week, along with Meg Donnelly, who was also in contention for the role. The character is expected to appear in a DC Studios project (or two) before her solo adventure, but it’s unclear if that project will be Gunn’s Superman: Legacy, which begins filming this spring, or another DC movie or show. Supergirl is moving like a speeding locomotive and it’s possible the feature could be shooting in the fall, if Warners soon finds a director. Ana Nogueira is penning the script".

Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-30-2024 at 12:10 PM.