Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Lanterns? Like the Red ones? That could be fun in live action.
    It seems that Supergirl won't become a girl scout but remain jaded and cynical in the DCU. That makes for an intriguing character and opens up story possibilities. She probably never becomes a girl scout to mirror Kal's boy scout. Suspicious of others - perhaps even Kal. I see Kara capturing a criminal on a rooftop and threatening to drop him to the ground but at the last minute not doing so. To give him a scare - something Kal would never do. I see her as having a nebulous relationship with those who walk the fine line between good and bad. Not quite an anti-hero but close. The Lex/Kara relationship could be compelling. Both suspicious of humanity, Kara may have suspicions about Kryptonians too. Putting her and Lex in an odd place relative to one another. Maybe she'll have a scene with The Engineer in Superman Legacy. The Authority is the type of group Kara could have a history with. More than Lanterns, The Authority film seems a better fit for Kara to guest in.

supergirl22.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-02-2024 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Beautiful fanart there!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I guess that belt is based on the mini-series, but hope it doesn't make it into the film. Looks more like a girdle appropriate for Hippolyte than the Girl of Steel. I've said before that I don't like the red emblem on a blue background -- not enough contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    It seems that Supergirl won't become a girl scout but remain jaded and cynical in the DCU. That makes for an intriguing character and opens up story possibilities. She probably never becomes a girl scout to mirror Kal's boy scout. Suspicious of others - perhaps even Kal. I see Kara capturing a criminal on a rooftop and threatening to drop him to the ground but at the last minute not doing so. To give him a scare - something Kal would never do. I see her as having a nebulous relationship with those who walk the fine line between good and bad. Not quite an anti-hero but close. The Lex/Kara relationship could be compelling. Both suspicious of humanity, Kara may have suspicions about Kryptonians too. Putting her and Lex in an odd place relative to one another. Maybe she'll have a scene with The Engineer in Superman Legacy. The Authority is the type of group Kara could have a history with. More than Lanterns, The Authority film seems a better fit for Kara to guest in.

supergirl22.jpg
    Yes, but that was Matrix, not Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yes, but that was Matrix, not Kara.
    True but it's a cool image and given the nature of her character in the DCU I expect the Lex/Kara relationship to be ambiguous with maybe a hint of romantic interest on her part for Lex?
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-03-2024 at 10:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Why exactly does SG have a sword in this comics series and where did she get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Why exactly does SG have a sword in this comics series and where did she get it from?
    Read it and find out: https://www.hoopladigital.com/comic/...-king/15254841
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-03-2024 at 02:59 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Milly's thank you to Gunn for being cast as Kara/Supergirl.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2t2czCLtzF/?hl=en

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Gunn lacks integrity and shouldn't be a studio head nor writing a Superman film. Some here are Gunn acolytes and it's hard for me to square that when the man lies so often and doesn't seem to care that you can check the record and show he's lying. As when he said The Authority wasn't being introduced into SL because of the public domain issue with Superman - when less than a year earlier he said it was. Gunn's "don't believe dumb rumors" comment from yesterday is being met with a grain of salt by some who've learned to parse his words carefully - noting that he did not say that no, the specific rumor about Supergirl being more important than Superman was false, but just don't believe dumb rumors. So, if the rumor turns out to be true, he can say I just said not to believe dumb rumors in a general sense. The Supergirl casting was just announced, and it's being reported she may be making several DCU appearances before S:WOT while Corenswet is not mentioned to be getting more appearances yet. It may mean nothing but is also seems to fit with more of a focus on Supergirl in the DCU. Corenswet will possibly cameo in S: WOT but by then Supergirl may have had more DCU appearances. This is why many Superman fans aren't buying Gunn's words and his Threads' comments have not quelled those doubts.
    I think at this point it goes witohut saying that Superman won't be very important in DCU, unless Legacy is a massive hit which is unlikely.

Gunn is using Legacy as a DC Showcase film to introduce a bunch of characters and see what sticks with the audience. Maybe he feels Superman is recogniazble enough and disliked enough by general audience that people will see the movie but won't mind if Superman is relegated to sidelines in his own movie.

Gunn couldn't even commit to calling it a Superman movie, he kept saying it is "Lois and Clark" story.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I think at this point it goes witohut saying that Superman won't be very important in DCU, unless Legacy is a massive hit which is unlikely.

Gunn is using Legacy as a DC Showcase film to introduce a bunch of characters and see what sticks with the audience. Maybe he feels Superman is recogniazble enough and disliked enough by general audience that people will see the movie but won't mind if Superman is relegated to sidelines in his own movie.

Gunn couldn't even commit to calling it a Superman movie, he kept saying it is "Lois and Clark" story.
    Oh great more doomsaying thats not based on any form of evidence or credibility.

Always a swell thing, like a nail getting hammered into one's hand........

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh great more doomsaying thats not based on any form of evidence or credibility.

Always a swell thing, like a nail getting hammered into one's hand........
    The fact that there are half a dozen other superheroes in Superman solo movie says a lot. This movie will have as many heroes as the first Avengers movie, except without all the setup.

Gunn himself rejected a Superman film long ago by his own admission. He has expressed no prior interest in the character and his style of filmmaking is tonally opposite to what people want in a Superman movie. It's like he has taken up this movie as an obligation since he is supposed to lead the DCU.

He keeps posting about All Star Superman as if this is the only Superman comic in existence and people think he is really a big fan of the character.

I’d like for us to all wait for a trailer at least before declaring IT’S OVER, SUPERMAN IS FINISHED. Gunn used a large cast for each Guardians movie but it never lost focus on who the main characters were. If you truly believe Supes is doomed, I can’t understand hanging around here, past a certain point it feels like trolling.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-04-2024 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I guess that belt is based on the mini-series, but hope it doesn't make it into the film. Looks more like a girdle appropriate for Hippolyte than the Girl of Steel. I've said before that I don't like the red emblem on a blue background -- not enough contrast.
    Yeah, I don't need to see the belt/girdle or the final Scott costume from the epilogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    The fact that there are half a dozen other superheroes in Superman solo movie says a lot. This movie will have as many heroes as the first Avengers movie, except without all the setup.

Gunn himself rejected a Superman film long ago by his own admission. He has expressed no prior interest in the character and his style of filmmaking is tonally opposite to what people want in a Superman movie. It's like he has taken up this movie as an obligation since he is supposed to lead the DCU.

He keeps posting about All Star Superman as if this is the only Superman comic in existence and people think he is really a big fan of the character.
    But Legacy isn't being advertised as a team movie, it just features other heroes in supporting roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't need to see the belt/girdle or the final Scott costume from the epilogue.

But Legacy isn't being advertised as a team movie, it just features other heroes in supporting roles.
    Gunn keeps saying Clark and Lois are the core. GOTG 3 had a large cast but it was unmistakably Rocket’s movie, despite Guardians being a team movie. Rocket was the focus and the core there. Until we know the basic plot of Legacy, which as of right now we still don’t, we can’t freak out yet. Also this is the Supergirl movie thread so I dunno why we’re talking about Legacy here.

I was expecting Gunn to announce Momoa as Lobo by now, and have him be in Supergirl in Krem’s place, but that hasn’t happened yet. Because of Aquaman II’s surprising legs, or because my guess was wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gunn keeps saying Clark and Lois are the core.
    I don't know why you and others give Gunn credence anymore. He has repeatedly dissembled and doesn't seem to care that his lies can easily be pointed out with a simple google search. That shows disdain for fans. As Lex said to Miss T in S:TM - "you give them eyes and yet they don't see". It's too early to announce the S:WOT villain(s) but my bet is it will be both Lobo and Brainiac with the latter following Kara back to Earth thus setting Brainiac up as the main villain in Kara's subsequent film. The ironic thing is that S:WOT and not SL may be the vehicle for bringing these Superman villains to the big screen for the first time.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-04-2024 at 04:05 PM.