Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    I wonder if the actresses are auditioning with Hoult? Odds are Hoult's Lex will be one of two overarching villains of the DCU and appear in many of the films. The other villain is TBD but someone behind the scenes which the GL series may give a hint about. So, Lex appearing in the Supergirl films is likely and that begs the question - what kind of relationship will they have? Kara will have an attitude and perhaps be a "bad girl". I could see Gunn having them being attracted to one another in some way. A nuanced relationship which is not just Kara good and Lex bad. Maybe Kara succumbing to Lex's charms and having a loose alliance at times with him? There is a lot they could do with Kara/Lex in the DCU.
    She's going to be interacting more with Clark than Lex, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They’re screen testing in Atlanta right now. Guess who is also in Atlanta right now training for fight scenes, and probably screen testing with the two Supergirls? (It’s Corenswet).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    The Search for Supergirl: Milly Alcock, Meg Donnelly Screen Test in Atlanta

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ly-1235806025/
    I only know milly cause of house of dragon like her character more by her portrayal then her future counterpart.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Milly is probably the one getting the role, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re screen testing in Atlanta right now. Guess who is also in Atlanta right now training for fight scenes, and probably screen testing with the two Supergirls? (It’s Corenswet).
    Well, Hoult didn't screentested with the Supergirls but he did with Rachel Brosnahan. #lexis.

In Superman Legacy yes but going forward if Lex is indeed the over-arching villain of the DCU (most won't know he is a villain) then Kara will presumably have significant interaction with lex and especially if she becomes the DCU's main female protagonist. This in the context of Lex being/becoming President which sets him up to be present in many of the DCU films - interacting with Bats in Gotham, Supergirl in National City, Flash in Central City and on and on.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-25-2024 at 09:25 AM.

Supergirl's role in the DCU is being speculated upon after she was described as "key" to Gunn's universe and in the context of S:WOT being expedited. My take is she will be the main female protagonist of the DCU. Moreso than Wonder Woman. And that she will play a more significant role in the DCU than Coronswet's Superman - given Gunn's penchant for second tier characters. AFAIK Superman has not been described as key to the DCU. She won't be a "girl scout" to Coronswet's "boy scout" which sets up all sorts of film/story possibilities. Making her Batmanesque would be intriguing and more interesting than the "girl scout" persona. Could she be a character who "walks the line" between good and bad? Could she have an ambiguous relationship with Lex? Don't be surprised if Supergirl gets a fair amount of screentime in Superman Legacy to the extent Gunn sees her as the "key" to the DCU. Could Brainiac be introduced in S:WOT? The setup is there. I can Brainiac tracking Supergirl to Earth at the end of S:WOT and being the big bad for S:WOT's sequel

From Forbes:

Supergirl is being described as “key” to the DCU, a character that only briefly appeared in an alternate reality in The Flash movie, played by Sashe Calle, who is not making the jump to the DCU, clearly. This Supergirl will be introduced in the already crowded Superman: Legacy, before getting her own film, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, based on Tom King comics. This version of Supergirl is supposed to be more “jaded” than Superman, according to James Gunn, given that she wasn’t raised by a loving family in Kansas from the time she was a baby.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-28-2024 at 05:33 PM.

Incredible Member

Who read the comics before they decide to make it into a movie? What did you think of the comics?

Meg Donnelly is 23 (the other actress is even younger) so if she gets the role, she could be playing Supergirl (woman) for 15 plus years. I wonder if the story arc for Supergirl will extend over a decade and a half and show audiences Supergirl becoming the Woman of Tomorrow - Superwoman? Supergirl is key to the DCU, so they have something big planned. Emelia Jones dropped out and didn't audition. There is some speculation it's because WBD wants to tie the Supergirl actress to a long-term contract with many projects and, in so doing, get her on the "cheap" as Marval has done with its actors. Cavill signed up for MOS with options for just 3 more films. He made the 3 films and reportedly was demanding 11 figures for an MOS2. Signing the Supergirl actress for a lot of projects guarantees she won't get an "inordinate" salary jump after just a few films.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-28-2024 at 05:37 PM.

Spectacular Member

Meg Donnelly is 23 (the other actress is even younger) so if she gets the role, she could be playing Supergirl (woman) for 15 plus years. I wonder if the story arc for Supergirl will extend over a decade and a half and show audiences Supergirl becoming the Woman of Tomorrow - Superwoman? Supergirl is key to the DCU, so they have something big planned. Emelia Jones dropped out and didn't audition. There is some speculation it's because WBD wants to tie the Supergirl actress to a long-term contract with many projects and, in so doing, get her on the "cheap" as Marval has done with its actors. Cavill signed up for MOS with options for just 3 more films. He made the 3 films and reportedly was demanding 11 figures for an MOS2. Signing the Supergirl actress for a lot of projects guarantees she won't get an "inordinate" salary jump after just a few films.
    Two things. 1. Meg Donnelly and Milly Alcock are the same age. 2. Cavll was not demanding 11 figures for an MOS2 since that would be at least 10 billion dollars. If he was then WB had every right to laugh at his face.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Who read the comics before they decide to make it into a movie? What did you think of the comics?
    When it was first advertised I scoffed at the premise. A space western murder mystery with Supergirl didn't fit in my mind. The art was beautiful though and after some hype from other readers, I did purchase the entire run and enjoyed it immensely. The art was very experimental indie/sci-fi fantasy. The coloring is amazing! I just remember being impressed with the colorist's ability to mix bright warm colors with more muted cooler tones all on the same page, highlighting certain characters or actions. It added a lot to the story. The story itself was heartbreaking and interesting, it had a lot of character moments as well as a good amount of action. It was just fun to read. The mature tone, the pacing, and the art made this special. It felt like an award-winning book from the get. Vertigo or Black Label quality set in the main continuity. I also knew that this would make a great movie if ever adapted and when it was announced, I patted myself on the back for recognizing it back then. I mean, if DC under the helm of Gunn were going to make a Supergirl movie, I already knew it was a no-brainer, they had to adapt this story. I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't yet.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I only know milly cause of house of dragon like her character more by her portrayal then her future counterpart.
    There's this great Australian T.V. show on AMC+ that features Milly Alcock in an amazing role. It's called Upright.

Attachment 137347

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Cavll was not demanding 11 figures for an MOS2 since that would be at least 10 billion dollars. If he was then WB had every right to laugh at his face.
    Cavill was also blamed for demanding millions for a cameo but it has actually been reported he got paid 250k for each of his cameos in Black Adam and The Flash.

The online hate for this man is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    King’s comic? It’s fantastic, probably my favorite Supergirl comic. Have a read of this thread if you want to see reactions to it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Meg Donnelly is 23 (the other actress is even younger) so if she gets the role, she could be playing Supergirl (woman) for 15 plus years.
    I really doubt DCU will last 15 years, to be honest.