Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I highly doubt it. I think WB will play it smart in general when it comes to budgets after losing hundreds of millions of dollars this year in flops. Barbie bailed them out and had a budget of.. 130-140 million. I see Superman and Supergirl being a little over that
    Agree budgets will be less than 150 million. SL will be under the most constraint given the risk. This is why Legacy is "smallish" for a Superman film. Not a big VFX film as S:WOT will be. That may be the strategy. Keep Legacy's cost to a minimum and if it does well enough for WBD then up the budgets on subsequent films like S:WOT.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Superman is not a big name and can't guarantee a good box office opening, I don't see how his female cousin would fare any better.
    I think most of the world would disagree with your first point. Superman may not currently be a hot property, but he's always been a big name -- maybe the biggest.

Kate Herron (directed one of the Loki episodes) is rumored to be on the director shortlist.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

WoT screenwriter, Ana Nogueira, talked about her relationship with the superhero genre in a podcast from June 2022 when she had a deal with WB to write a Sasha Calle-led Supergirl film: https://youtu.be/uTQtqsIkJOU?feature=shared&t=4757

Btw, Nogueira's involvement with DC was first reported in April 2022: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jerylbr...broadway-play/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think my only issue with that would be no one except non-comic fans would believe Ruthye could actually kill Lobo .

(I know she ends up not doing it, but it's Lobo).
    Though thats easily justified by her not knowing who Lobo is. From what I recall Ruthye never saw Krem kill her father and so most of her info is second-hand knowledge. Which can easily work with Lobo as her very rural backwater planet would have little information about a dangerous mercenary from the stars.

It would also give Kara more reason to help her because she knows immediately that going after Lobo is a death sentence.

Even if he’s not the script writer King will at least give notes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/s/MKcGQv50X3
    Verified Mini Christmas SAITMQ: Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow

Welcome back to a new edition of **Strange Adventures in the Mod Queue**! This will be the final SAITMQ for r/DCEUleaks before we transition to r/DCULeaks.

Today we’ve got plenty of interesting information for *Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow* regarding casting and filming info. Let’s dive into it!

​

* Although we reported that casting would be finalized by a director for *Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow*, we’ve now heard that this is not the case. Gunn will cast Supergirl.
    * Kara Zor-El is being described as humorous with punk rock edginess to her. Overall having a toughness to her due to her witnessing the death of Krypton as a child.
    * Krypto will indeed be in the film as well as the greater DCU.
    * They are looking to start filming in the second half of 2024 so this will likely be one of the next film after Superman: Legacy.

Thank you for checking out this SAITMQ! As a reminder, we’ll be transitioning over to r/DCULeaks on January 1, 2024. Please be sure to join the new sub since this sub will become read-only. Merry Christmas!
    Ruthye will also be in the film and Supergirl will show up in Legacy. Looks like Gunn will be casting her.

It's interesting that S:WOT films next year. The film had been planned for a 2027 release but maybe they will go for 2026? Gunn seems to be prioritizing Supergirl in his DCU. It makes sense. Supergirl is a second-tier character and Gunn has a penchant for them and turning them into tomorrow's DCU "diamonds" - top tier franchises. It's notable that Supergirl and not Wonder Woman will be the DCU's first female superhero film. It's a given WBD wants S:WOT to capture the magic of the first Wonder Woman film which became a cultural phenomena and made over 800 million. Gunn casting the role makes sense. I assume she'll be cast in the near future as Supergirl will appear in Legacy which will set up her solo. If the Supergirl actress nails her Legacy scenes it will boost S:WOT and lends itself to an earlier release for S:WOT.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 12-26-2023 at 01:08 PM.

Wonder if "punk" Kara will lean more into New 52 or DCSHG.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wonder if "punk" Kara will lean more into New 52 or DCSHG.
    My hope is that Kara is smart, sassy and has a sense of humor. The slate is clear on how they develop her character. Unlike Kal where Gunn is going back to the naive farmboy portrayal of Clark. I expect Kara gets more than a cameo in Legacy and perhaps gets significant screentime to set up her solo. I see Kal/Clark playing straight man to Kara in their scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    It's interesting that S:WOT films next year. The film had been planned for a 2027 release but maybe they will go for 2026? Gunn seems to be prioritizing Supergirl in his DCU. It makes sense. Supergirl is a second-tier character and Gunn has a penchant for them and turning them into tomorrow's DCU "diamonds" - top tier franchises. It's notable that Supergirl and not Wonder Woman will be the DCU's first female superhero film. It's a given WBD wants S:WOT to capture the magic of the first Wonder Woman film which became a cultural phenomena and made over 800 million. Gunn casting the role makes sense. I assume she'll be cast in the near future as Supergirl will appear in Legacy which will set up her solo. If the Supergirl actress nails her Legacy scenes it will boost S:WOT and lends itself to an earlier release for S:WOT.
    I think Gunn is gonna take his time with Wonder Woman as Gal’s portrayal of the character was loved by fans and still very fresh in everyone’s mind. Wonder Woman fans will be pissed but it’s a smart move to wait a while to cast a new Wonder Woman and start up a new franchise.

In the mean time they need a strong female character to anchor the new DCU. Supergirl fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    I think Gunn is gonna take his time with Wonder Woman as Gal’s portrayal of the character was loved by the majority of fans and still very fresh in everyone’s mind. Wonder Woman fans will be pissed but it’s a smart move to wait a while to cast a new Wonder Woman and start up a new franchise.

In the mean time they need a strong female character to anchor the new DCU. Supergirl fits the bill.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-26-2023 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think Gunn is gonna take his time with Wonder Woman as Gal’s portrayal of the character was loved by fans and still very fresh in everyone’s mind. Wonder Woman fans will be pissed but it’s a smart move to wait a while to cast a new Wonder Woman and start up a new franchise.

Agree - though I expect WW gets a film in Chapter 2 of Phase 1. But yeah, if SWOT approaches WW numbers her franchise will be up there with WW, Batman and Joker and give Gunn his first diamond of tomorrow. Given how Kara and WW have been connected at times I could see a Wonder Woman/Supergirl team-up film down the line. For now, Supergirl will be the female anchor to Batman's male anchor. Once WW is introduced she will probably supplant Kara as the female anchor.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 12-26-2023 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I mean, this is literally from a story where King ignored Streaky so he could use Krypto, so...yeah .