Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ah well. Until it happens I guess we’re stuck with The Cat from Outer Space.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Part of me wonders if they are afraid that Kara having an alien super powered cat would be too similar to Captain Marvel’s super powered alien cat.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Part of me wonders if they are afraid that Kara having an alien super powered cat would be too similar to Captain Marvel’s super powered alien cat.
    At least we don't have to worry about Streaky eating and vomiting people .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least we don't have to worry about Streaky eating and vomiting people .
    My preference would be for Streaky to be a non-Kryptonian cat, just because it does start to feel farcical for all these “last Kryptonian survivors” to end up on Earth. Also never felt like it’s that necessary for the character.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

My preference would be for Streaky to be a non-Kryptonian cat, just because it does start to feel farcical for all these “last Kryptonian survivors” to end up on Earth. Also never felt like it’s that necessary for the character.
    They could have streaky be a genetically altered Super Cat. Kind of like Kon-El's original backstory.

I was first introduced to Streaky through the Krypto cartoon so I always just assume he's an Earth cat who gets superpowers .

Supergirl is rumored to be featured in Superman Legacy. That makes it likely that S:WOT will be a prequel (like Wonder Woman). S:WOT ending with Supergirl (and Krypto) returning to Earth and leading into a follow up Supergirl film where she exists in the present time alongside the other DCU heroes. I'm guessing Krypto first comes to Earth with Supergirl which adds credence to S:WOT being a prequel.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Writers come up with original pitches for the DCU. Ana Nogueira: I read a Supergirl book few years ago titled Woman of Tomorrow, maybe we can adapt that one? Gunn (who happens to be a Tom King fanboy): Genius idea!!! The job is your.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Writers come up with original pitches for the DCU. Ana Nogueira: I read a Supergirl book few years ago titled Woman of Tomorrow, maybe we can adapt that one? Gunn (who happens to be a Tom King fanboy): Genius idea!!! The job is your.
    Don't like that Tom King will be a creatives force in Gunn's DCU. Hopefully it's a loose adaption of his S:WOT. I think there will be a lot of Krypton in S:WOT which is very exciting. It'll presumably be a prequel and set up her follow-up films on Earth. The latter begs the question of who will make up the Supergirl family of characters in the DCU going forward? Perhaps Dreamer who was established as a DC character through the Supergirl TV series? The actress who played her is writing Dreamer stuff for DC IIRC.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-08-2024 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Don't like that Tom King will be a creatives force in Gunn's DCU. Hopefully it's a loose adaption of his S:WOT. I think there will be a lot of Krypton in S:WOT which is very exciting. It'll presumably be a prequel and set up her follow-up films on Earth. The latter begs the question of who will make up the Supergirl family of characters in the DCU going forward? Perhaps Dreamer who was established as a DC character through the Supergirl TV series? The actress who played her is writing Dreamer stuff for DC IIRC.
    All superhero movies are loose adaptions of the comics used as inspiration, so I don't expect WOT being any different on that regard.

Yeah, Supergirl's origin needs to be covered, and Krypton should featured in the intro sequence or via flashbacks during the movie.

I guess her family of characters will be Superman and other superheroes to make all the DCU looking like one big crossover universe.

They probably are. Another reason might be because Streaky isn't in the WoT comic, Krypton is.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think its more like: we have a dog. A cat is pushing it overboard

All superhero movies are loose adaptions of the comics used as inspiration, so I don't expect WOT being any different on that regard.

Yeah, Supergirl's origin needs to be covered, and Krypton should featured in the intro sequence or via flashbacks during the movie.

I guess her family of characters will be Superman and other superheroes to make all the DCU looking like one big crossover universe.
    Yeah, hopefully it's a very loose adaptation of King's work. Is National City (LA) one of Gunn's "imaginary" DCU cities? Supergirl will be a priority for Gunn and S:WOT could/should be followed up quickly by a current day DCU Supergirl film based out of National City. Maybe we'll get some DCU villains that apparently won't be in Legacy in that film. Myxzptlk? Parasite? The Supergirl TV show featured some of these characters and hopefully her films will introduce them to the big screen. BTW, when Myx appeared in Supergirl some reports said it was the first live-action Myx. Not true - the Superboy TV series featured Myx in a number of eps - more than 20years earlier.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-09-2024 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Yeah, hopefully it's a very loose adaptation of King's work. Is National City (LA) one of Gunn's "imaginary" DCU cities? Supergirl will be a priority for Gunn and S:WOT could/should be followed up quickly by a current day DCU Supergirl film based out of National City. Maybe we'll get some DCU villains that apparently won't be in Legacy in that film. Myxzptlk? Parasite? The Supergirl TV show featured some of these characters and hopefully her films will introduce them to the big screen. BTW, when Myx appeared in Supergirl some reports said it was the first live-action Myx. Not true - the Superboy TV series featured Myx in a number of eps - more than 20years earlier.
    Or she could stay as a "space hero" to not changing radically the set up of the first film.

Or she could stay as a "space hero" to not changing radically the set up of the first film.
    Not sure about "space hero". I think she'll essentially be Power Girl. Either way given Gunn's penchant for 2nd tier characters Supergirl will probably play a significantly bigger role in the DCU than Superman. So hopefully Gunn will use her films to introduce Parasite, Toyman, Metallo, Myx and other great superverse characters not yet seen on the big screen.