Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Supergirl’: Milly Alcock, Emilia Jones & Meg Donnelly Among Those In Mix To Screen Test For Role: https://deadline.com/2024/01/supergi...ly-1235711427/

Astonishing Member

All three are amazing choices.
    I guess I'm gonna be rooting for Jones, CODA was an astonishing movie.

Donnelly getting the gig would be funny given she already voices the character in animation. Guess she would get to keep that job if she scores the role. Alcock has the look though and she’s the only one I’m familiar with in the live action sphere.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Meg Donnely already proved she can voice Kara but I'm sure they'll cast the best person for the job .

Astonishing Member

From point of view of mainstream appeal, Alcock is the most obvious option. House of Dragon is insanely popular show and she was one of its' highlights, her perfomance was great, she has charisma and I can her be really appealing to younger mainstream audience, which comics have issues with currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    From point of view of mainstream appeal, Alcock is the most obvious option. House of Dragon is insanely popular show and she was one of its' highlights, her perfomance was great, she has charisma and I can her be really appealing to younger mainstream audience, which comics have issues with currently.
    Agree. She's well known with mainstream audiences and could be a big draw especially with the younger set and in particular women. If S:WOT can draw women and men as Wonder Woman did it will be huge as was WW. My guess is they cast mostly known actors in the supporting roles as well. WBD is obviously hoping S:WOT captures the magic of Wonder Woman which became a cultural phenomenon and the third highest grossing DCEU film - after Aquaman and Batman vs Superman. It's telling Gunn is doing a Supergirl film before Wonder Woman. This fits his plan to focus on secondary DC characters and turn them into top tier characters - "diamonds". If a WW film is not announced as one of the remaining Chapter 1 films (it likely will be) I could see Gunn announcing a second Supergirl film to follow on S:WOT and establish her in the DCU.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-10-2024 at 06:26 PM.

Pouring one out for Sasha Calle.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Pouring one out for Sasha Calle.
    She at least came out as one of the universally well-received aspects of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She at least came out as one of the universally well-received aspects of the movie.
    True, but that's not saying much considering the movie.

Supergirl is perhaps going to be the main female protagonist of the DCU - it'll likely be a battle between her and Wonder Woman. Given that Batman will be the main male protagonist it may be that WW fits the counter role better. Either way, with Meg Donnelly as SG, a good writer and director S:WOT could be the biggest Phase 1 film after The Brave and Bold. Pending what the remaining films will be. If Wonder Woman gets announced, it'll likely be the second biggest Phase 1 film. Hoping Meg gets the role - she's another Gal Gadot IMO and will work magic as Supergirl. Meg seems to be the fan-fav to get the part. Lots of Meg as Supergirl fan art being created such as this. Beautiful. .

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa2.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-15-2024 at 10:50 AM.

The Search for Supergirl: Milly Alcock, Meg Donnelly Screen Test in Atlanta

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ly-1235806025/

Meg Donnelly would crush the role and could become the DCU's Gal Gadot. Great actress, charisma. Add a good script and director and S:WOT will be along with Brave and Bold one of the top 2 grossing DCU Chapter 1 films. There's a reason WBD is acelerating production on the film to where it may premier before Brave and Bold.

md333.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-24-2024 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    The Search for Supergirl: Milly Alcock, Meg Donnelly Screen Test in Atlanta

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ly-1235806025/
    My two top picks! Happy with either one though I’m rooting for Alcock. Donnelly does a great traditional Kara in the Tomorrowverse but I think Alcock would be a better fit for what Gunn is going for.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My two top picks! Happy with either one though I’m rooting for Alcock. Donnelly does a great traditional Kara in the Tomorrowverse but I think Alcock would be a better fit for what Gunn is going for.
    Yeah I think it's going to be Alcock. She seems to fit the vibe Gunn is going for.

I wonder if the actresses are auditioning with Hoult? Odds are Hoult's Lex will be one of two overarching villains of the DCU and appear in many of the films. The other villain is TBD but someone behind the scenes which the GL series may give a hint about. So, Lex appearing in the Supergirl films is likely and that begs the question - what kind of relationship will they have? Kara will have an attitude and perhaps be a "bad girl". I could see Gunn having them being attracted to one another in some way. A nuanced relationship which is not just Kara good and Lex bad. Maybe Kara succumbing to Lex's charms and having a loose alliance at times with him? There is a lot they could do with Kara/Lex in the DCU.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-24-2024 at 07:01 PM.