Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I love how with each new announcement ASM feels less and less like a main book.
    It's crazy! I just realized that I'm buying every Spider-Man book except for ASM. That's a first. And there are like ten or so books now!

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    First Ultimate Spider-Man by Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checcheto, now Spectacular Spider-Men by Greg Weisman and Humberto Ramos.

Finally, some good fucking food.
    I started this feast with Miles, Venom, and Carnage while waiting for ASM to serve something better. Then said yes to everything Slott served up recently. Now adding Hickman, Chechetto, Weisman, and Ramos to the chef's table is almost too much!

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    This looks great. I'm glad to see Miles getting a second book, and I think it'll be nice seeing the differences between Peter and Miles vs Peter and Bailey. It's really a great time to be a Spider-family fan . . .
    Truly, and yet I could still think of a few things that would make me lose my **** if they happened right now. I would love an ongoing with Anya, Kaine, Hummingbird, 1610 Jessica Drew, RYV's Spiderling, Mayday, Miguel, and Flash.

If DREAMS are coming true! I better put mine out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which obscure characters will Weisman bring back this go-around?
    Marcy Kane. (Did Peter ever find out she was actually an alien? )

Mighty Member

Which obscure characters will Weisman bring back this go-around?
    Time for Deb Whitman to make her long-awaited* return!

*Not sure by whom, but it's been awhile, someone has to have been waiting for it
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Peter can help Miles craft some new gadgets for himself and complimentary gadgets they both can use together.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Jackal has turned from Cloning and is now into drinking several million liters of Gamma-irradiated Mountain Dew.
    Well, there's only so much you can keep beating the clone horse .
    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Time for Deb Whitman to make her long-awaited* return!

*Not sure by whom, but it's been awhile, someone has to have been waiting for it
    I know Weisman introduced Kong in his Starbrand and Nightmask run.

Maybe he'll bring in some more Untold Tales characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Peter can help Miles craft some new gadgets for himself and complimentary gadgets they both can use together.
    I dunno if Miles needs gadgets, he has a bunch of electricity constructs now.

Mighty Member

I'm genuinely surprised we never got a Peter/Miles ongoing until now. We've gotten occasional team-ups and stuff like Spider-Men, but this seems like an obvious idea.

Greg Weisman's going to be busy between all the Gargoyles comics he's doing and now this. I just think it's cool that Marvel is finally acknowledging The Spectacular Spider-Man like this. Yeah, Weisman got to write a short Flash Thompson story, but that feels pretty small compared to an ongoing. And I admittedly haven't consumed as many Spider-Man comics as before, so I haven't gotten fatigued by Humberto Ramos.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Mighty Member

I guess no Jackpot series

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    It's a one-shot now and is coming out in January.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Weisman is writing this?
    I suppose I should start to expect nonsensical time skips, off screen character development, cast bloat and villains who never actually face any setbacks.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I saw this last night and my first thought was "IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!".

Marvel should have launched this the second Secret Wars brought Miles into 616. I will really look forward to this.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

So I guess Marvel is just pulling a Mysterio and Scorpion and just ignoring that Jackel was last seen in a completely different universe and that he’s back without any explanation (though I suppose it could also just be handwaved as being one of Warren’s clones).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm not anti-this title or either lead character. Peter is my Spider-man and I like Miles just fine.
    However, I must point out the hypocrisy of Marvel making Ben, yet again unusable in this style way....a hero Spider but use Miles.

Broadly, the hypocrisy extends that Steve and Sam can both be Captain America.
    There can be both Tony and Rhodey as Iron Man (we all know War Machine is simply an armor designation).
    Thor and Beta Ray can both be out there even if Bill is used sparingly he's not corrupted into a malevolent force. Even Jane at one point made 3 Thors.

It also grates on my that Danny has been removed as a SoV but I'm starting to digress.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

This is neat. Hope it’s good. Maybe some light hearted side stories for Miles/Peter is needed. Some heavy stuff keeps happening in their main books. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    Weisman is writing this?
    I suppose I should start to expect nonsensical time skips, off screen character development, cast bloat and villains who never actually face any setbacks.
    Wouldn't the first assumption be this will be more like Spectacular instead of YJ?

We might even get a Peter Parker that can actually win fights again even if he has to team-up with somebody else to do it. I just hope it's written better than that FCBD team-up where they fought Shocker and Peter got hit in a dumb way so Miles would have to do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I guess the better question is will Weisman touch on MJ being a Superhero now in his book?

And the even better question: do we even want him to?

Astonishing Member

Wouldn't the first assumption be this will be more like Spectacular instead of YJ?

We might even get a Peter Parker that can actually win fights again even if he has to team-up with somebody else to do it. I just hope it's written better than that FCBD team-up where they fought Shocker and Peter got hit in a dumb way so Miles would have to do something.

I guess the better question is will Weisman touch on MJ being a Superhero now in his book?

And the even better question: do we even want him to?
    A more relevant question is will MJ be a major part of the book. My betting is this will primarily be a Miles story. Maybe a Karate Kid type comic with Miles as Daniel and Peter as Mr. Miyagi
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-15-2023 at 10:19 AM.