Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Default Spectacular Spider-Men is coming this March

From Marvel:

"This March, Peter Parker and Miles Morales join forces in their first ongoing series ever: 'Spectacular Spider-Men'!"

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1724532660566155553

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-14-2023 at 02:08 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Greg Weisman and Humberto Ramos.

Holy ****.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Greg Weisman and Humberto Ramos.

Holy ****.
    Didn't he write the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Oh lord, this is going to be a very tough decision for me. This is the first time since the OMD era started where I've had any real interest in buying and reading a contemporary 616 Spider-Man comic, and that's purely to do with the combined factors of seeing Peter and Miles working together and Greg Weisman writing the comic.

If I buy this, it'll strictly be on those two grounds.

Astonishing Member

I love how with each new announcement ASM feels less and less like a main book.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Yep.

Insomniac's Spider-Man 2 sold over 5 million copies in less than two weeks.

Yeah, this was an easy call, lol.

(Interesting creative team.)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Weisman didn't just write for the show. He was the showrunner.

First Ultimate Spider-Man by Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checcheto, now Spectacular Spider-Men by Greg Weisman and Humberto Ramos.

Finally, some good fucking food.

Fantastic Member

The Miles/Pete dynamic is one of the best things Insomniac's games had going on. I'm a lot more interested in this and Ultimate then the current Spidey stuff.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

About time. Have they had a team up book since Secret Wars?

finally Ramos art isnt to my liking but I can deal with it considering the writer should be the same guy who does Young Justice show
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    About time. Have they had a team up book since Secret Wars?
    only bendis spidermen 2
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

This looks great. I'm glad to see Miles getting a second book, and I think it'll be nice seeing the differences between Peter and Miles vs Peter and Bailey. It's really a great time to be a Spider-family fan . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    The Miles/Pete dynamic is one of the best things Insomniac's games had going on. I'm a lot more interested in this and Ultimate then the current Spidey stuff.
    Same. These two upcoming titles are exactly what I've wanted to see be done with Spider-Man in the comics for ages now.

On the one hand, Greg Weisman writing Spider-Man in comic form is an amazing proposition. Like, even if it's not as good as the cartoon it's still probably going to be better than ASM right now.

On the other hand, I wish they would stop trying to make Peter and Miles a team. They barely came off as a team in Spider-Man 2. It just doesn't fit the characters. Though I guess it should be interesting to see how Weisman writes Miles considering he came a generation after a lot of Weisman's Spidey stuff and he's more associated with Peter.

I also just wish they had a different artist than Ramos. I just don't really feel much at him drawing Spider-Man anymore.