Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Finally! Been wondering when marvel was gonna give them an ongoing. My only gripe is the artist. I don't dislike Humberto Ramos but the spidey office needs to stop recycling the same artists everytime. Can we get some new blood for once

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I'm in.

Can't wait to see what Weisman will add to Miles and Peter's relationship.

I'm curious if it'll come off as a 50/50 split book or if it'll feel like a Peter book with Miles as a co-star.

All-New Member

These motion comics are a big nothing - I’d rather have the creators give a quick elevator pitch of the series, intercut with static images and covers.

I’ll probably give this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On the one hand, Greg Weisman writing Spider-Man in comic form is an amazing proposition. Like, even if it's not as good as the cartoon it's still probably going to be better than ASM right now.

On the other hand, I wish they would stop trying to make Peter and Miles a team. They barely came off as a team in Spider-Man 2. It just doesn't fit the characters. Though I guess it should be interesting to see how Weisman writes Miles considering he came a generation after a lot of Weisman's Spidey stuff and he's more associated with Peter.

I also just wish they had a different artist than Ramos. I just don't really feel much at him drawing Spider-Man anymore.
    did you play the game?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    did you play the game?
    Um...yeah? That game didn't sell me on the Peter and Miles team any more than past iterations.

But I guess maybe Weisman can make it work if anyone can.

At least I don't see Weisman writing Peter needing to constantly get saved.

Astonishing Member

I went CRAZY when I found out.

Funny... I keep saying the 2000's were the era where everyone was obsessed with recapturing the Lee/Ditko/Romita stories, while the 2020's are the decade where everyone (except the stubborn people on ASM) wants to tell stories with Miles and an older Peter. I mean, there is no better embodiment of that than Greg Weisman working on a Teen Peter in the 2000's, and him working on an Older Peter and a Teen Miles in the 2020's.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

So glad, it’s been a long time coming. Want to see what they do to make the dynamic between 616 Pete and Miles unique, since they mostly keep to themselves in their adventures

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

Funny... I keep saying the 2000's were the era where everyone was obsessed with recapturing the Lee/Ditko/Romita stories, while the 2020's are the decade where everyone (except the stubborn people on ASM) wants to tell stories with Miles and an older Peter. I mean, there is no better embodiment of that than Greg Weisman working on a Teen Peter in the 2000's, and him working on an Older Peter and a Teen Miles in the 2020's.
    That's because in the intervening two decades between the 2000s and the 2020s, a lot of, if not most, people finally figured out that chasing nostalgia all the time was getting nothing but diminishing returns, in the sense of the saying, "You can't go home again." In a nutshell, if you can't ever really recapture the feeling you had as a younger person or encountering something you loved for the first time, the best thing then to do is push forward instead of constantly looking back and trying to relive the so-called "glory days" or the "good old days." All that breeds in the end is stagnation.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Um...yeah? That game didn't sell me on the Peter and Miles team any more than past iterations.

But I guess maybe Weisman can make it work if anyone can.

At least I don't see Weisman writing Peter needing to constantly get saved.
    thats unfortunate maybe the comic will help convince you
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

I'm totally on board with this based on the creative team on it even though I don't care much for superfluous Spider-characters. As long as they're coming up with different takes for new Spider-Man books, how about something like DC's current World's Finest book? Only starring Spider-Man, Ice Man, and Firestar taking place in the nebulous past or different times throughout their histories?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    I'm totally on board with this based on the creative team on it even though I don't care much for superfluous Spider-characters. As long as they're coming up with different takes for new Spider-Man books, how about something like DC's current World's Finest book? Only starring Spider-Man, Ice Man, and Firestar taking place in the nebulous past or different times throughout their histories?
    An ongoing Amazing Friends series would be cool, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's because in the intervening two decades between the 2000s and the 2020s, a lot of, if not most, people finally figured out that chasing nostalgia all the time was getting nothing but diminishing returns, in the sense of the saying, "You can't go home again." In a nutshell, if you can't ever really recapture the feeling you had as a younger person or encountering something you loved for the first time, the best thing then to do is push forward instead of constantly looking back and trying to relive the so-called "glory days" or the "good old days." All that breeds in the end is stagnation.
    Amen to this!

Showrunner of Spectacular Spider-Man, artist on both ASM and Champions (so he's drawn Miles regularly as well). I can see why this creative team was picked... only problem is it'll probably be a better book than ASM!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

Ironically Weisman made the best argument for why Peter works best as a solo hero in Spectacular .

Although I guess since they both have solo's this doesn't need to worry about balancing as much as something in a vacuum would even though Peter is in a pretty bad way in ASM. So probably less of a need to show their personal lives or life outside their costumes beyond the bare minimum because, ostensibly, their solo's will deal with this. So it's more of a team-up book.

Maybe it's my own bias talking but I feel like the demand for teaming-up Miles and an older Peter because of Spider-Verse or even Insomniac kind of missed the point of those interpretations into thinking that it's more natural for them to be together when I don't think it quite held up that way.

But again, maybe Weisman can make something out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    So glad, it’s been a long time coming. Want to see what they do to make the dynamic between 616 Pete and Miles unique, since they mostly keep to themselves in their adventures
    They usually just write them as "Spider-Bros" when they bother to write them together at all.

I guess it'll be interesting to see if Weisman acknowledges what's going on in their solo at all because in his own book Peter is a hot mess who keeps losing fights and is barely holding it together while Miles has a steady relationship, therapy, and his powers have evolved to the point where he's objectively stronger than Peter.