Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious if it'll come off as a 50/50 split book or if it'll feel like a Peter book with Miles as a co-star.
    The other way around might be easier because Miles appears in less titles, so there's more flexibility.

It's a weird situation Marvel is in.

Peter Parker is one of the best characters in comics. I would say he's #1.

They have successfully introduced a new Spider-Man.

There are plenty of decent stories of Miles as his own man. That was his intro in the Ultimate Universe where Peter Parker was dead.

But some of his biggest stories involve Peter Parker. In the comics, there's Spider-Men, Spider-Men 2, Spider-Verse, Spider-Verse sequels, Ultimate Spider-Man #200 and Secret Wars. Fans like the idea of Peter Parker taking this kid under his wing, even if Marvel basically had to blow up the Ultimate Universe to make it happen.

And Peter Parker is part of the big Miles stories in other media. Peter B Parker is a major player in the Spider-Verse films. Miles has a good relationship with Peter in the acclaimed video games.

Having them team up is redundant. But it also seems to avoid an ugly conversation about which character should stick around if both characters get along well.

I'm now wondering if this is an audition for Weisman to take over Amazing Spider-Man after Wells leave, which would also mean it's an audition for Amazing Spider-Man #1000.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    About time. Have they had a team up book since Secret Wars?

Just the Bendis sequel, which left a lot to be desired. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Is that supposed to be a Kaiju version of The Jackal in the trailer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The other way around might be easier because Miles appears in less titles, so there's more flexibility.

There are plenty of decent stories of Miles as his own man. That was his intro in the Ultimate Universe where Peter Parker was dead.

But some of his biggest stories involve Peter Parker. In the comics, there's Spider-Men, Spider-Men 2, Spider-Verse, Spider-Verse sequels, Ultimate Spider-Man #200 and Secret Wars. Fans like the idea of Peter Parker taking this kid under his wing, even if Marvel basically had to blow up the Ultimate Universe to make it happen.

And Peter Parker is part of the big Miles stories in other media. Peter B Parker is a major player in the Spider-Verse films. Miles has a good relationship with Peter in the acclaimed video games.

Having them team up is redundant. But it also seems to avoid an ugly conversation about which character should stick around if both characters get along well.

I'm now wondering if this is an audition for Weisman to take over Amazing Spider-Man after Wells leave, which would also mean it's an audition for Amazing Spider-Man #1000.
    I think one thing that sets this apart is it's meant to be an ongoing with them together rather than like most of their other combined appearances that were mostly just team-ups or circumstances
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Just the Bendis sequel, which left a lot to be desired. lol
    It would be kind of nice if this gave Weisman a chance to take Miles' Rogues Gallery and run with it. Maybe he'll even bring back the Bombshells .

If there's anyone who can make ASM good to me again, it's Weisman, so I sure hope so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I love how with each new announcement ASM feels less and less like a main book.

Yep.
    If I am Wells I cannot wait to get off of ASM. Why? If for no other reason I would feel marginalized.

Fantastic Member

this look great, actually excited for a mainline spidey book again.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Amen to this!
    Thanks.

Good points, though I wouldn't mind at all if Weisman picked up the torch from Wells.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Niffleheim

It would be kind of nice if this gave Weisman a chance to take Miles' Rogues Gallery and run with it. Maybe he'll even bring back the Bombshells .
    assistant principal lyle dutcher will maybe get more spotlight as an antagonist or straightout villain under Weisman's pen.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    assistant principal lyle dutcher will maybe get more spotlight as an antagonist or straightout villain under Weisman's pen.
    I hope he doesn't become a villain. From what I recall of Ahmed's run, in his later appearances after getting his hands on Miles's journal, he learned that Miles was Spider-Man, but kept it to himself out of respect for Miles's heroism as Spider-Man. His character hook was that he was supposed to be the inverse of J. Jonah Jameson --- loved and admired Spider-Man, but also distrusted his civilian alter ego without knowing their true connection (at first).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Which obscure characters will Weisman bring back this go-around?

Astonishing Member

Instant add to my pull list with Ultimate Spider-Man. Spectacular Spider-Men comes out on my birthday month. Such a shame the flagship Spider-Man book fucking sucks.

I seriously doubt that. By the time this book comes out, Wells won’t have that long. If they wanted to try out Weisman, they’d have done it a lot earlier. He probably have to start writing his Asm run immediately after this new book comes out.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I hope he doesn't become a villain. From what I recall of Ahmed's run, in his later appearances after getting his hands on Miles's journal, he learned that Miles was Spider-Man, but kept it to himself out of respect for Miles's heroism as Spider-Man. His character hook was that he was supposed to be the inverse of J. Jonah Jameson --- loved and admired Spider-Man, but also distrusted his civilian alter ego without knowing their true connection (at first).
    all the ingredients for a good villain
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Didn't he write the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon?
    Spectacular Spiderman, WITCH, Young Justice and last but not least, Gargoyles.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Is that supposed to be a Kaiju version of The Jackal in the trailer?
    Jackal has turned from Cloning and is now into drinking several million liters of Gamma-irradiated Mountain Dew.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker