Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I wonder how big an influence Insomniac's Spider-Man 2 will have on this comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Honestly? I expect none.

I mean, Weisman is probably aware of the game but unless he watched a playthrough of it or his kids played it I'm not sure if he's even aware of what happened in it (unless Marvel directed him to).

And a lot of the game you can't really replicate in the comics right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    This looks great. I'm glad to see Miles getting a second book, and I think it'll be nice seeing the differences between Peter and Miles vs Peter and Bailey. It's really a great time to be a Spider-family fan . . .
    Marvel turned into a Pre-Crisis DC so gradually I barely noticed....
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly? I expect none.

I mean, Weisman is probably aware of the game but unless he watched a playthrough of it or his kids played it I'm not sure if he's even aware of what happened in it (unless Marvel directed him to).

And a lot of the game you can't really replicate in the comics right now.
    I'd say the games existence is probably what pushed them to greenlight this book, but yeah I don't think Weissman is going to be taking notes from the game.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Amazing Member

Don't know if this has been brought up before but might this be a trial run for Weisman taking over Amazing whenever Wells is done with his run? Because I could totally go for that and trust Weisman to rebuild a supporting cast around Peter that doesn't involve symbiotes, super powers, resurrections...just normal people

Niffleheim
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-12-2023 at 11:45 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Oh hey, Bertone .

I knew Weisman was going to bring Sha Shan back. In fact I'm sure Bertone was the one who brought her up .

So, yeah, like I figured this isn't really a plot-relevant book or will deal with anything regarding the stories with their respective books, just a book for them to hang out and bounce off each other. Sounds like it's not even going to be as action-heavy.

I guess that's one way to actually build up the Peter and Miles dynamic.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Sounds good to me. Nice signature, by the way.

Oh hey, Bertone .

I knew Weisman was going to bring Sha Shan back. In fact I'm sure Bertone was the one who brought her up .

So, yeah, like I figured this isn't really a plot-relevant book or will deal with anything regarding the stories with their respective books, just a book for them to hang out and bounce off each other. Sounds like it's not even going to be as action-heavy.

Sounds good. I liked his rendition of her in Spectacular Spider-Man well enough.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

hopefully sha-shan gets some good storylines kinda mess up that writers never just dropped her from the supporting cast after Flash cheated on her with Betty.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Niffleheim

apart from the two spider-men crossovers I guess now we can't say they hardly spend time together after this run

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds good to me. Nice signature, by the way.
    Thanks
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    apart from the two spider-men crossovers I guess now we can't say they hardly spend time together after this run

Thanks
    You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    hopefully sha-shan gets some good storylines kinda mess up that writers never just dropped her from the supporting cast after Flash cheated on her with Betty.
    It's nice when people remember Peter's supporting cast is more than 6 people.

Yes, very nice.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Really pleased about this. Having the cafe where they can just chill is what the main books have been missing for a while - the relatability.

Yeah the problem is he has too many supporting cast members now not all of them needs to be focused on but there are others who do. like for example Joy Mercado the reporter girl from the daily bugle that Peter was paired with she was dropped from the series without any explanation
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy