Astonishing Member

Default Two Swordsmen - One with and one without a head

Himura Kenshin has come to America on an exchange program. He hears of a headless swordsman terrorizing a small upstate NY town of Sleepy Hollow. He is informed of the legend. He decides to walk through the woods to see the truth of the legend and perhaps meet it.

The Horseman is patrolling a path through the woods and senses Kenshin.

1. This Horseman has the properties and abilities of the Horseman in the Sleepy Hollow movie. He is on his horse.

2. Kenshin, seeing his opponent and since he is undead, reverses his sword and uses his full abilities that he had as an assassin.

Who takes it?

eh Kenshin can knock him around just fine and he's far too fast for the Horseman to hit, but I don't think Kenshin can do any real damage to him, the Horseman was shot numerous times, slashed, stabbed, had a flipping carriage slam down on top of him, nothing did any real lasting damage, we even saw inside of his clothes and they were just empty, essentially he's a ghost in enchanted clothing, and he can probably outlast Kenshin stamina wise and eventually win

Astonishing Member

Kenshin has bisected solid stone pillars and very thick doors. I'm wondering if the Horseman can come together from being in two parts. Or he could remove his sword arm and take it, the axe also.

If this was the arena, that might give a ring out. If he can come back together, Kenshin will lose eventually.

I mean it also goes back to if Kenshin is even really bisecting anything other than clothes given that there's nothing really corporeal inside those clothes, will point out that it seems that any damage the clothes take from bullets or blades seem to basically vanish pretty quickly

Astonishing Member

That's true the Horseman survived a flaming explosion with his outfit being a little dusty. I just thought it would be an interesting match. Kenshin does have the short term skill advantage.

Now if it was Stormbringer and Elric - that would probably just dissipate the Horseman's supernatural energy. I do love Kenshin matches. In his latest anime, he just strode through tens of samurais with ease.

At least the headless horseman doesn't have a specific Dullahan ability to being instant death just by saying the name of the life it wishes to take.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Headless folks have a touch of trouble saying the name of someone. Now on that now gone Headless Horseman TV show (whose name I forgot), they did have a spell to bring back his head so he could chat with his Ex. Good show that went off the tracks when they left Sleepy Hollow. Neat Horseman, he picked up a shotgun and AR to add to his equipment.

Are you talking about Sleepy Hollow TV series that was on Fox?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Yes. I liked it but it fell apart when they went to DC. Funny part when Ichabod picked up his partner's Glock and fired one shot. She said - shot him again and he didn't know that to do as he was used to single shot guns back in his day. Horseman figured it out though.

Wonder if the movie Horseman had a no limits fallacy. He did take a lot of damage but regeneration wasn't shown. Kenshin should be able to remove his limbs. The horseman was penetrable to edge weapons, not that they did any good but the attacks were just limited pokes. He was strong though but Kenshin is too. In the older anime, he stopped the punch of a Kong sized (from the first old movie, not the new ones) with his hand.