Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I think the plot of WEB provides the reason that none of the Spider-Girls crossover with Tom Holland's Peter Parker.
    Funny thing is I can see the clear comic sourcing for Julia and Mattie's suits - granted Mattie's costume changed every couple of issues. Anya's thought? Not so much at all from her most popular looks. Did a quick look and see that she did have something like that at some point.
    I think the plot of MW is to be a stand alone separate from either the Maguire and the Garfield movies given the time setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I think the plot of MW is to be a stand alone separate from either the Maguire and the Garfield movies given the time setting.
    There are rumors that it was originally a prequel to the Andrew Garfield movies until Sony realized that they did the timeline wrong and re-edited the movie.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...the_spiderman/

Speaking of the timeline/period...
    Not that I see much of a resemblance between Dakota Johnson and her grandmother, but it would be neat if there were a flash forward and they used Tippi Hedren as the elder Cassandra Webb that we are used to...No to Melanie Griffith as an intermediary casting though.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    There are rumors that it was originally a prequel to the Andrew Garfield movies until Sony realized that they did the timeline wrong and re-edited the movie.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...the_spiderman/
    I heard Ben Parker is supposedly in this film, wonder if that happens and if true what it means on the long run.

I just hope that it is fun. I plan to see it, but it's clearly all over the place with the backstories of the characters, so I don't think there's much point in trying to have specific expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I heard Ben Parker is supposedly in this film, wonder if that happens and if true what it means on the long run.
    If the Spider-Man stuff has indeed been edited out of the movie, then Uncle Ben's role is probably a leftover from the baby Peter plotline.

From a new MARVEL Instagram Reel...

"JULIA Who Now"? An odd change from Carpenter...

Astonishing Member

Isn’t Cornwall Julia’s maiden name?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Now that you mention it, kind of weird she's kept her ex-husband's last name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that you mention it, kind of weird she's kept her ex-husband's last name.
    didnt she have a kid thats probably why

heres some comments on that subject

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-pe...n-they-divorce
    Last edited by Jman27; 01-21-2024 at 12:27 PM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    AH! You are correct!
    I didn't consider that in normal continuity, Julia would not be a peer of Mattie and Anya, so the movie actually regressed her and kept her history intact!

Extraordinary Member

From a new MARVEL Instagram Reel...

"JULIA Who Now"? An odd change from Carpenter...
    Cornwall was always her maiden name.
    Seems since this is a young version of Julia, the movie writers did their research

I was reminded that Jessica Drew is the supposed lead in the Spider movie being directed/produced by Olivia Wilde
    I wouldn't be surprised if that is no longer in production. Between radio silence since announced, the bad reception these movies are having and Wilde's reputation ruined after Don't Worry Darling, it wouldn't be surprising if this was quietly shelved.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that is no longer in production. Between radio silence since announced, the bad reception these movies are having and Wilde's reputation ruined after Don't Worry Darling, it wouldn't be surprising if this was quietly shelved.
    The Sonyverse should focus solely on the Symbiote mythos. The other Spider-Man characters, on the other hand, should be a part of the Tom Holland series.

The success of Venom made them cocky. If they want to do actual spinoffs, they should introduce characters properly in regular Spider-Man movies, and THEN do the spinoff.

Even with Venom, he was first introduced to the general audience through Spider-Man 3.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 01-29-2024 at 05:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Wilde’s reputation isn’t ruined, and even if it was… directing a SONY Spider-Woman film would be considered “slumming it” for any self-respecting director (considering the usual mockery these films get) so they wouldn’t kick her off the project just for some year old controversy everyone has already forgotten. Probably shelved because they just don’t think they can make a profit off it or it’s too similar to MW.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.