Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So I’m hearing the words “worse than Morbius” being used to describe this so far

From what I've read from the reviews
    spoilers:
    The Spider-Women don't even suit up and get their powers. All those scenes of them in costumes and fighting are from a brief flashforward sequence.
    end of spoilers

Niffleheim
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    spoilers:
    The Spider-Women don't even suit up and get their powers. All those scenes of them in costumes and fighting are from a brief flashforward sequence.
    end of spoilers
    That was always kind of obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    So sequel bait for a film that ain't going to get a sequel. Oh lordy.

Astonishing Member

Seriously, who keeps signing off on these?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Seriously, who keeps signing off on these?
    People that want to hold on to the movie license of one of the most recogniseable super hero characters in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    People that want to hold on to the movie license of one of the most recogniseable super hero characters in the world.
    Yup. If it ain't Lord and Miller, I don't want what they're selling.
    Spider-Man works in mysterious ways, Shelly. And wherever he is, he loves you.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So I’m hearing the words “worse than Morbius” being used to describe this so far
    Someone posted part of the Rolling Stone review on Reddit. They nuked the hell out of this movie.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

What are you talkng about? Morbius was morbtastic!

If this really is as bad as the reviews are making out... I will, sadly, probably love it.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    What are you talkng about? Morbius was morbtastic!
    Morbasmic even
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    If this really is as bad as the reviews are making out... I will, sadly, probably love it.
    Yeah honestly, I kinda liked it.

Like, I understand why its a bomb. This sure isn't Spider-Man 2 or Black Panther. It probably doesn't even hold a candle to a mid-level MCU entry. The marketing left a lot to be desired, and there are a lot of elements of this film that inherently make it a hard-sell.

But honestly, its not a terrible film, conceptually speaking. I found the plot engaging. The acting wasn't perfect, but honestly I think that helped...it felt like the characters were just a bunch of ordinary New Yorkers pulled into a crazy situation rather than larger-than-life heroes or villains. I did enjoy the low-key (well, sometimes not low-key) vibe of this being a kind of Spider-Man prequel...it was nice to actually have one of these 'Sony Spider-Man Cinematic Universe' films actually be tied to the webhead himself for once. And I did appreciate how the film was self-aware enough about its own limitations, and that of the characters...like how is a woman who can see the future supposed to defeat an actual super-villain.

I also really enjoyed the 2003 setting...made me feel nostalgic for that time in my life (which incidentially, is when I first became a Spider-Man fan). Really, say what you will about the plot and premise, this film did transport me back into Spider-Man's world, as I first discovered it in the 2000's, more so than the MCU Spider-Man films (as great and wildly successful as they are) did.

Do I want Madame Web 2? No, of course not. But I wouldn't mind seeing these characters again...and I wouldn't mind revisiting this particular corner of the Multiverse (assuming its not the same universe as the one from Venom and Morbius) once a certain baby in this film has grown up a bit

Astonishing Member

If this movie is going to take a role in the upcoming fusion between Sonyverse and MCU, I suppose Cassandra and the other Spider-Women will colaborate with Peter in the Secret Wars. Especially considering some of the minor characters in this movie.