Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Oh my gooooood this looks baaaaad

The villain gives me serious CW vibes, like Zoom or Godspeed or any of those other corny ones in The Flash.
    I will say, I’m shocked that the ladies have costumes at all, wasn’t expecting that much effort from Sony, but I’m going to guess that they’ll only wear them in the final battle and the other 95% of the film will be them running around in normal clothes
    It looks like the costumes only show up in a future vision so I'll be surprised if they even wear them at the climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like the costumes only show up in a future vision so I'll be surprised if they even wear them at the climax.
    Mattie Franklin seems to be fighting Simms in costume though.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Mattie Franklin seems to be fighting Simms in costume though.
    I think that's still part of the vision. All of them fighting Dark Spider-Man.

Had no real interest in this before and somehow am less interested now. God Sony is really just dragging these Spider-Man properties through the mud in their attempt to get that cinematic universe money.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's still part of the vision. All of them fighting Dark Spider-Man.
    100% this. Nothing is too stupid for a Sony movie but the idea that she goes from powerless to having a costume with functional spider arms she controls with her mind seems well, a bit much.

Unless, her mother worked on robotic spider arms?!??

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Unfortunately I'm already seeing reactions comparing this to The Marvels as "another woke feminist superhero movie."
    Of course, it would get that reaction. Those people seem to come out in force every time there's a superhero/sci-fi/fantasy/other speculative fiction genre work that focuses on a female protagonist (or multiple female protagonists). It's tiresome and sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It's webbin' time!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I can see some of the common troubles that the Sonyverse movies have in this trailer, but honestly this trailer looks much better than the Kraven one (at least none of them were bitten by a radioactive lion)
    Ha, good one. And hell, the TAS origin would have worked better for Kraven than him getting his blood mixed with a lion's and that giving him super-Hunter powers somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Oh my gooooood this looks baaaaad

The villain gives me serious CW vibes, like Zoom or Godspeed or any of those other corny ones in The Flash.
    I will say, I’m shocked that the ladies have costumes at all, wasn’t expecting that much effort from Sony, but I’m going to guess that they’ll only wear them in the final battle and the other 95% of the film will be them running around in normal clothes
    On the subject of the evil speedsters in CW Flash, for a small bit of trivia, Zoom there was deliberately inspired by Venom and voiced when masked by Tony Todd, who would then go on to voice Venom him-/themself in Insomniac Games' Spider-Man 2.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So does this mean Mattie Franklin will be resurrected in the 616 in the name of film synergy?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    So does this mean Mattie Franklin will be resurrected in the 616 in the name of film synergy?
    Or maybe they'll bring another universe version of Mattie, using all the pull of the spider-verse.

Astonishing Member

This will be a mess in terms of origins and continuity.

But I think I will like it. It has an year 2000 superhero movie feel to it.

At a very neanderthal level, part of me just enjoys seeing women beating the **** out of bad guys. I even enjoyed Jennifer Garner's Elektra.
    Unless the reviews when it comes out are truly dire, I think I am up for it.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Or maybe they'll bring another universe version of Mattie, using all the pull of the spider-verse.
    I cannot help but to note similarities between the movie team and the Madame Web team in the comics.

They're essentially the same team, Julia filling for Cassandra, while Zarina is the movie's version of Mattie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    They should've had her survive when she was resurrected in Silk's Clone Conspiracy tie-in (the plot happened in that comic because Jonah is part of Cindy's supporting cast).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It looks alright. I would've preffered Morlun as the villian instead of Ezekiel.
    Agreed. I never saw Ezekiel as a villain per se. Granted he was setting Peter up as his totemic sacrifice, but he did have some heroic moments and redeemed himself at the end.

Morlun hunting spiders and having several spider-powered women in this movie seems like a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Agreed. I never saw Ezekiel as a villain per se. Granted he was setting Peter up as his totemic sacrifice, but he did have some heroic moments and redeemed himself at the end.

Morlun hunting spiders and having several spider-powered women in this movie seems like a no brainer.
    On Twitter, JMS compared to the film's take to being a mix of both Ezekiel and Morlun. So maybe Ezekiel will take up the name Morlun or call himself the Inheritor by the end?

https://www.gamesradar.com/madame-we...-ezekiel-sims/
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-18-2023 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Added a link as a source.

fun times. I hope that there are action figures.

I wonder how the rest of the movie group get their powers, if they are not bitten by anything? Hmm.