Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Very disappointed in these promotional materials, Sony usually great at this. Hopefully this doesn't reflect on the movie, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That's cool. I never expected to see Anya in a movie.
    I hope they do the characters justice. The trailer looks like they're taking a lot of liberties with Julia and Cassandra, but I hope at least the essential traits of their characters remain.
    ...yeah, i have no faith they are going to give them what is their essential traits given the setting of this thing and the fact that Ezekiel is looking to be the villain of it.

...three spider-women and not one of them is Jessica Drew, and no, i don't mean the animated one either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Unfortunately I'm already seeing reactions comparing this to The Marvels as "another woke feminist superhero movie."
    The trailer doesn't feel woke...but honestly i have no real vested interest either, outside of Spider-man, Sony's attempts to use the characters without him in live action just don't call out to me.

Venom and Carnage felt like wasted opportunities.

Morbius...yeah, no that was a train wreck regardless of having the MCU Vulture pop up and hinting at something sinister if you will.

Kraven? They are setting him up as an anti-hero, and that just doesn't work especially since he was a major antagonist in the game and comics.

This? Honestly i am a bit annoyed Jessica Drew is not in this, Anya is too old and feels like what DC did with Cassandra Cain and Julia is too young and Mattie...well i have no vested interest in her and she is not really a Spider-woman to begin with since she got her powers from a ritual Norman Osborn did.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    The trailer doesn't feel woke...but honestly i have no real vested interest either, outside of Spider-man, Sony's attempts to use the characters without him in live action just don't call out to me.

Venom and Carnage felt like wasted opportunities.

Morbius...yeah, no that was a train wreck regardless of having the MCU Vulture pop up and hinting at something sinister if you will.

Kraven? They are setting him up as an anti-hero, and that just doesn't work especially since he was a major antagonist in the game and comics.

This? Honestly i am a bit annoyed Jessica Drew is not in this, Anya is too old and feels like what DC did with Cassandra Cain and Julia is too young and Mattie...well i have no vested interest in her and she is not really a Spider-woman to begin with since she got her powers from a ritual Norman Osborn did.

When woke only equals 'not straight white male lead' to the person that says it, you can ignore those opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    When woke only equals 'not straight white male lead' to the person that says it, you can ignore those opinions.
    100% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Just to be clear, the trailer didn't feel that way to me personally, but the movie itself however could actually be that though i won't know that until it comes out and word of mouth spreads on it. That for me will make me consider if it is worth my time and money to go see it or not because as it stands right now the trailer is not giving me any confidence to go see this just like the Kraven trailer doesn't make me want to overlook the liberties they have taken there as well.

...three spider-women and not one of them is Jessica Drew, and no, i don't mean the animated one either.
    Jessica Drew is closer to the Avengers and SHIELD mythos IMO. She should be in the MCU.

I was reminded that Jessica Drew is the supposed lead in the Spider movie being directed/produced by Olivia Wilde

Even clearer still of the Spider-Girls
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I love how they keep advertising costumes we will probably barely see on-screen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I was reminded that Jessica Drew is the supposed lead in the Spider movie being directed/produced by Olivia Wilde

Even clearer still of the Spider-Girls
    Julia Carpenter looks pretty good, but wish they had include the classic spidey opaque lenses for these characters. I think they are introducing too many characters in this movie -- most of whom no one knows. If even one of them had appeared in a Tom Holland movie, it would make a little more sense as to why this is a thing.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

A good story is a good story whomever the heroes is. I for one is glad the Spider-Woman (s) is getting a movie, their histories are not too restricted, unlike Spider-Man that needs certain elements to be in it. They can have new villains or different twist of old villains and even forgotten villains.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Julia Carpenter looks pretty good, but wish they had include the classic spidey opaque lenses for these characters. I think they are introducing too many characters in this movie -- most of whom no one knows. If even one of them had appeared in a Tom Holland movie, it would make a little more sense as to why this is a thing.
    Yeah i don't see how that keeps their ID's secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how they keep advertising costumes we will probably barely see on-screen.
    As long as we get action figures, no one cares
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think the plot of WEB provides the reason that none of the Spider-Girls crossover with Tom Holland's Peter Parker.
    Funny thing is I can see the clear comic sourcing for Julia and Mattie's suits - granted Mattie's costume changed every couple of issues. Anya's thought? Not so much at all from her most popular looks. Did a quick look and see that she did have something like that at some point.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.