Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Hi Dan,

I don't have any conspiracy theories about you (I guess I can make some up if you want), but had a question. When you're at these group retreats, or just in talking with editors, colorists, artists, etc., are there people that are just relentless fans of some very under-used characters that are always pitching them appearing somehow? I'm thinking, like, you (or someone else) is giving a rough outline of upcoming story arcs and the assistant editor is suggesting, for the 14th time in the last 3 years, "what if you put Will o' the Wisp in here?" or "I think the Scriers really need a second look as the villains here." I mostly ask because if I was working in comics, that'd be what I would be saying all the time. Mostly about 90s Clone Saga era villains

Thanks!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Sometimes. There are cases where someone on staff *really* likes a character like the Dazzler or Howard the Duck.
    And there are creators who have personal favorites that they really, really, REALLY want to catch on.
    I was that way with Squirrel Girl (which worked).
    And I was also that way with the Constrictor (which did NOT work).
    Chris Gage can be that way about Stegron and Red Ronin.
    Jason Aaron was that way with The Orb.
    Nick Spencer was that way with Boomerang.
    We've all got those special pre-established characters that we're devoted to and want to see more of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Sometimes. There are cases where someone on staff *really* likes a character like the Dazzler or Howard the Duck.
    And there are creators who have personal favorites that they really, really, REALLY want to catch on.
    We've all got those special pre-established characters that we're devoted to and want to see more of.
    FYI, we are long overdue for more quality Squirrel Girl content.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    The squirrel girl podcast was a gem

This makes me even more bummed that Spencer unceremoniously offed Constrictor in his Cap run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    To be honest I wonder if anyone can top Ryan North's run.

Obviously what we need is a team book with Dazzler, Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl, Constrictor, and those other guys. I mean, we've already got talent lining up to write it.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Obviously what we need is a team book with Dazzler, Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl, Constrictor, and those other guys. I mean, we've already got talent lining up to write it.
    The Inferior Friends and Foes of Spider-Man! I'd read it in a heartbeat.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    No joke, I'd love to try and write a book like that. Lol. Who do I send my pitches to? I'm already familiar with all these numbskulls.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

BANNED

Jason Aaron was right to be that way with the Orb! Such a great, weirdo character.

Incredible Member

Reposting this.
    Because some people are being idiots.
    Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    To the "Lee is Dan Slott" people: Give it up. You're wrong.

Folks, if you have actual alt account concerns regarding other forum members, report them to us. Using the suspicion as a form of aggression or an excuse to attack other people is not cool, and something we would strongly regard as breaking our site behavior rules. Keep the drama off the forums.
    Out of all the mods here at CBR, Conn Seanery is the one who doesn't put up with my nonsense the MOST. There are some that give me a wide berth because I'm a comic creator and it's cool to have me around on boards. Not Conn Seanery. If I screw up over here, they're the one who usually smacks me on the wrist. So when they use their moderator powers to check things out, especially something like this, you can take that as an impartial call.

To be as blunt and straightforward as possible: I do NOT have an alt account at CBR. This is not a thing.

The poster in question has been posting the past few days.
    I have NOT.
    I have been writing a script (which is now in).
    This poster has also (apparently) posted some negative things about another Spider-Man writer.
    I would NEVER do that.
    Especially online.
    Especially with any kind of "alt account".
    Why? Because if I did it would eventually get found out and I would be in a world of sh*t. Creators do NOT slag other creators online. Not if they want to keep working regularly for the Big 2.

Sometimes I wish that the same posters who can sift through a zillion interviews and online posts and find the smallest clues to this, that, or the other, would use a tiny fraction of that online sleuthing to figure out when I'm in another country on a comic con or in a different time zone-- or on a long flight-- or am internet dark for a week because I'm camping with my future in-laws, or what have you-- to see that I'm not leading a double internet life that they'd so love to imagine I'm leading here at CBR. (I have absolutely NO idea if that would work, but I'm not even going to look to see if it does, because-- Dear Sweet Jesus-- who has the time for that?)

So let's just go back to the original point: Conn Seanery wouldn't post that original post if he hadn't done his due diligence.

We good? Because, Dear Lord, some of you are insufferable idiots about this non-thing.

Astonishing Member

Is spreading false rumors about other forum members not against the board rules?

This poster has also (apparently) posted some negative things about another Spider-Man writer.
    I'll sometimes say that I dislike certain things about a writer's comics, I actively try to avoid saying negative things about writers themselves, as people. Almost every Spider-Man writer has made creative choices I've liked and creative choices I've disliked.

Just want to make that clear.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Is spreading false rumors about other forum members not against the board rules?

I'll sometimes say that I dislike certain things about a writer's comics, I actively try to avoid saying negative things about writers themselves, as people. Almost every Spider-Man writer has made creative choices I've liked and creative choices I've disliked.

Just want to make that clear.
    Sorry. I haven't actually read the posts you've made, I'm going off second hand information. Not even sure which thread they're on. I'm only human, and I screwed up. My apologies.

Astonishing Member

Sorry. I haven't actually read the posts you've made, I'm going off second hand information. Not even sure which thread they're on. I'm only human, and I screwed up. My apologies.
    No worries!

(Also, for the sake of clarity, the first sentence about "false rumors" was about the alt account nonsense.)

Incredible Member

So let's just go back to the original point: Conn Seanery wouldn't post that original post if he hadn't done his due diligence.

We good? Because, Dear Lord, some of you are insufferable idiots about this non-thing.
    Hey! I remember that post! Ahhh...reminds me of the good ol days!

Ok, maybe those days weren't so good....but I do remember that post!

I'm just appreciative that a creator comes onto these boards to share info and joke around with us.

And thankful you have thick skin, as I'm sure there are days you've held yourself back making a comment!

Incredible Member

Follow this internet logic:

"Dan Slott hasn't denied he's Lee in a while. That means he IS Lee."

"Okay, Slott just said he's NOT Lee. That means he IS Lee."

"Also, wleakr just defended Slott. That means wleaker is ALSO Slott."

yka52.jpg

Please send ALL your complaints to EVERY single moderator on CBR.
    Do it.
    Send every last one of them a complaint about me being ANY and ALL posters here who are even remotely nice to either me or my work.
    Do it.
    Have them check if it's me for EVERYTHING morning, noon, and night.
    You won't find squat. Why? Because I don't have an alt account here on CBR, you loons.