Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    That's literally the opposite of what he admitted in his suicide letter. Like, have whatever feelings you want about the dude, but don't blatantly lie about his freakin' suicide note.
    Piskor, 41, apologized for the messages in his note and said he never should have communicated with the teenager. He also addressed separate allegations from another artist, saying that they had a consensual sexual relationship.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Spectacular Member

Now show us where in his actual suicide note that he admitted to what you claimed. Because "I’m so sorry for being so stupid. I definitely should never have talked with Molly D" is not the same as "I am admitting to grooming Molly D" -- particularly when coupled with "I promise my innocence," "There was no way I’d have a 17 yr old stay at my place," "it wasn’t even with sex in mind but simply saying that there’s a bed here to crash like the kindness that was given to me a bunch of times when I was starting out," "My intentions were never nefarious with her or anybody," etc., etc., etc.

Again, feel however you want about the dude, but to deny him the dignity of what he actually said in his own suicide note is uncool AF.

Astonishing Member

Now show us where in his actual suicide note that he admitted to what you claimed. Because "I’m so sorry for being so stupid. I definitely should never have talked with Molly D" is not the same as "I am admitting to grooming Molly D" -- particularly when coupled with "I promise my innocence," "There was no way I’d have a 17 yr old stay at my place," "it wasn’t even with sex in mind but simply saying that there’s a bed here to crash like the kindness that was given to me a bunch of times when I was starting out," "My intentions were never nefarious with her or anybody," etc., etc., etc.

Again, feel however you want about the dude, but to deny him the dignity of what he actually said in his own suicide note is uncool AF.
    He admitted he shouldn't have approached an underage woman.

Denying the victims their dignity and veracity is even more uncool.

And this is the last I will say on the subject, which is now highly off topic.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, call or text 988 to reach the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline or go to SpeakingOfSuicide.com/resources for a list of additional resources.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 04-24-2024 at 01:58 PM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member

He was trying to groom the artist. A man in his late 30s doesn't invite an underage girl to spend the night with him, calling her babygirl and asking if she'll rat him out of he breaks the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Dan's post wasn't directed at the bullshitters.

It was advice for normal, reasonable people, on how to detect bullshit.
    This should be framed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    He was trying to groom the artist. A man in his late 30s doesn't invite an underage girl to spend the night with him, calling her babygirl and asking if she'll rat him out of he breaks the law.
    You seem to be of the impression you came across a different discussion in here than the one you did come across.

Fantastic Member

You seem to be of the impression you came across a different discussion in here than the one you did come across.
    Yeah, unraveling the story of Ed Piskor, what he did, and the fact that he took his life requires a very very deep conversation that to be honest is not really the point of this thread. Don't get me wrong, I think it is important to talk about, but I think we are getting lost in the weeds here. Suffice it to say, whatever he did, it cannot be stressed enough that any loss of life is sad.