Default Sinster Sons by Peter J. Tomasi and David Lafuente

DC's Super Sons - The pre-teen (and sometimes teen) sons of Batman and Superman - have tore through DC Comics since they were re-introduced several years ago, and their popularity spurred thier first movie last year: Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons. Now, two villains want to get in on the act.

This February, DC will launch Sinister Sons - featuring the bratty sons of Superman villain General Zod and Green Lantern villain Sinestro.

"They’re bad to the bone, ready to brawl, and the sons of two of the deadliest villains in the galaxy: they’re the Sinister Sons and the DC Universe will never be the same!," reads DC's description of the first issue.

Sinestro's son Sinson was introduced earlier this year in the 'Sinister Sons' back-up story in Green Lantern, while Lor-Zoz (the son of General Zod, if you couldn't tell) has a history going back to the early '00s.

"When the son of General Zod was cast off of his adopted homeworld of New Kandor, Lor-Zod runs afoul of a kid on a mission: Sinson is out to prove he’s got what it takes to live up to the family name of Sinestro!" the description continues. "But all is not as it seems, and the sons’ journeys will take them into the heart of darkness in this sensational first issue!"

Sinister Sons is written by the writer behind the Super Sons - Peter J. Tomasi. He'll be joined by Ultimate Spider-Man artist David Lafuente.

Sinister Sons #1 will feature a main cover by Brad Walker and Andrew Hennesy, along with variants by Dan Mora, Jamal Campbell, V. Ken Marion/Danny Miki, Ramon Perez, and Pete Woods.

Look for Sinister Sons #1 on shelves February 13, 2024.
    Last edited by garazza; 11-15-2023 at 08:27 PM.

Always Rakzo

I'm so into this. This will be a perfect replacement for the lack of Super Sons.

So is this building off the upcoming Zod mini or...?

I imagine the cover with Hal and Supes is more symbolic since they'd have to go to earth because Hal's ring doesn't seem to function off-earth.

I do wonder if Tomasi will acknowledge Hal kicking Zod's ass in "HL&GLC" - his son was there for that.

Zod: “We don’t talk about that.”

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The Super Sons comparison made me realized it would have been so easy and expected of them to make a "Son of Joker"

So credit on them for not falling into that easy hole and instead making the new kid the son of Sinestro. It makes this a Lantern/Kryptonian team-up which is pretty cool.

Obviously we haven't seen this yet, but I would've enjoyed if the second Sinson was the son of Zoom.

Extraordinary Member

Son of Joker or son of Zoom wouldn’t make sense outside of parallel to Super Sons.
    This mini series takes place all in outer space. No Earth. So sons of Zod and Sinestro make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this building off the upcoming Zod mini or...?
    I would say so. I went back to the Kneel Before Zod thread and found that Zod's supposed to lose "everything", wife and son included, so this book will be covering what Lor is up to while his father is building himself back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The Super Sons comparison made me realized it would have been so easy and expected of them to make a "Son of Joker"

So credit on them for not falling into that easy hole and instead making the new kid the son of Sinestro. It makes this a Lantern/Kryptonian team-up which is pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Son of Joker or son of Zoom wouldn’t make sense outside of parallel to Super Sons.
    This mini series takes place all in outer space. No Earth. So sons of Zod and Sinestro make sense.
    Looks like some people didn't read Adventures of the Super Sons. Though it was just some alien kid made to dress like the Joker by a more evil kid who dressed like Lex Luthor.

So far, from the backups I've been suspicious of whether or not "Korg" (or Sinson) is actually Sinestro's son or if it's something he created in his mind to be able to get through his horrible situation.

It'll be interesting to see why these Sinister Sons decide to work together and what their goals are.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So far, from the backups I've been suspicious of whether or not "Korg" (or Sinson) is actually Sinestro's son or if it's something he created in his mind to be able to get through his horrible situation.

It'll be interesting to see why these Sinister Sons decide to work together and what their goals are.
    Yeah, I feel like they're setting the kid up for a wake-up call.