Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Superman had a 19 year gap between movies. Spider-Man got its first movie in 2002. Wonder Woman is not going away for too long.
    IMO, the gaps of note are not between specific franchises, but between franchises within the genre. Superman IV wasn't out of sight all that long before Burton's Batman revived interest in superhero films. The X-franchise hit only a few years after Batman & Robin.

So, to the OP, I don't think we're going to have to wait all that long. In addition to the genre being sleepy-rather-than-dead, Wonder Woman seems to get a friendlier reaction than the likes of Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    I really feel bad. I mean I am not pleased with Gal Gadot's acting, but Patty and her brought this character back to the live action screen after like 30 years(that failed 2009 TV series doesn't count). The character got accepted by the audience, even had a successful solo movie. That's wow, really really hard to achieve.

Patty also knew how to characterize her, even 1984 got some good points while had obviously flaws for a blockbuster. She knew much better than Snyder about how to build up a heroine. Plus Covid issue. I still think this Wonder Woman franchise deserves another chance.

Now Gunn's plan has no Wonder Woman in it, we got to go all over again.
    Even though "1984" failed, the Patti/ Gal Wonder Woman needs to continue for at least one more movie to complete the trilogy in honor of being the first truly great movie in the DCEU. Granted, there weren't really any serious challengers, but still.

Also, considering the totally unexpected success of Aquaman (I mean, Aquaman? Who ever thought this would make a billion dollars?), it needs a trilogy.

I don't think it will be decades before they try WW again. It's just too bad the baby is getting thrown out with the bath water.
    Power with Girl is better.

Yes, I fear she will go back into limbo. She's a difficult character to pull off, especially if you get into who she is and where she came from. Too much baggage there. I felt like with the Snyderverse all her character development happened in the past and she just became this static figure in the now.

My hope, honestly, is that we do get Wonder Woman showing up in various other features. But no origin story, no Amazons, no gods. Lets keep her origins vague and a mystery and not even go there. Focus on her character development and story now, not then.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Even though "1984" failed, the Patti/ Gal Wonder Woman needs to continue for at least one more movie to complete the trilogy in honor of being the first truly great movie in the DCEU. Granted, there weren't really any serious challengers, but still.

Also, considering the totally unexpected success of Aquaman (I mean, Aquaman? Who ever thought this would make a billion dollars?), it needs a trilogy.

I don't think it will be decades before they try WW again. It's just too bad the baby is getting thrown out with the bath water.
    Totally, it was in plan until DCEU keep failing and Gunn came.

There's a kick ass Wonder Woman game coming out.

That might make people want a movie sooner than later.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium