Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Default Pedro Pascal cast as Reed Richards in the MCU

Incredible Member

I will believe it when it’s official.

Pascal really loves his dad roles in genre fiction.

Honestly be interesting to see how he exhibits Reed's personality. He's more awkward and nerdy compared to his usual roles.

I hope for an official announcement in the next month.

Also, Ben needs to be a real actor with motion capture, the way that Mark Ruffalo does the Hulk.

I like Pascal in most things, but he doesn't fit the character.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

This doesn't really feel right

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope for an official announcement in the next month.

Also, Ben needs to be a real actor with motion capture, the way that Mark Ruffalo does the Hulk.
    If they could make Korg work, they can absolutely do The Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pascal really loves his dad roles in genre fiction.

Honestly be interesting to see how he exhibits Reed's personality. He's more awkward and nerdy compared to his usual roles.
    Funny, I don't think of Reed as awkward and nerdy. (maybe when he was young, but if they cast Pascal it likely won't be that) He's too accomplished and confident for that. I see him as brilliant and appearing detached, but someone who feels deeply. Essentially like Spock more than anything. But of course, it will all depend on the story they want to tell and how this Reed will be presented.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Funny, I don't think of Reed as awkward and nerdy. (maybe when he was young, but if they cast Pascal it likely won't be that) He's too accomplished and confident for that. I see him as brilliant and appearing detached, but someone who feels deeply. Essentially like Spock more than anything. But of course, it will all depend on the story they want to tell and how this Reed will be presented.
    I think of it more in terms of how he interacts with people and acts mostly on his interests, especially the things he's most passionate about.

The thing about Pascal I can see as bringing to Reed is that we've seen him act his butt off saying little but feeling everything - and being able to convey that to an audience. I will always love a performance when an actor says one thing and means something else, but we the audience know exactly what they're thinking. And Pascal can do that.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

What? Why? I hope this isn't true. I like the guy and we all know he can get the job done but this isn't the MCU role I'd cast him in. This feels like a cash-grab move because he's popular right now. I understand that the movie has to be successful but it would've been better to give this role to someone more unknown. Sue should be a well-known actress, especially if she is going to be the central character the team is built around. Johnny should be a well-known actor as well. I could care less who they cast as Ben. Doom should be a well-known actor as well. Sue, Doom, and Johnny should be the characters, and essentially the actors, that draw people to the theater. IMO.

John Krasinski as Reed was damn near perfect, it would be hard to see anyone in that role who doesn't have a similar build and facial structure. Heck, even the two previous actors, Ioan Gruffudd, and Miles Teller have that same body type and facial structure. They make more sense than Zaddy Pascal. It could be worse, I know, but I feel strongly about this one.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

The thing about Pascal I can see as bringing to Reed is that we've seen him act his butt off saying little but feeling everything - and being able to convey that to an audience. I will always love a performance when an actor says one thing and means something else, but we the audience know exactly what they're thinking. And Pascal can do that.
    I agree with your statements here. Reed is confident in his abilities, he attacks most problems without hesitation. He does feel deeply and appears to be, or can be, detached at times. You should always see him thinking and yes, Pedro Pascal can deliver all of that. I'd almost rather see him cast as Doom.

Spectacular Member

Huh? I thought they didn't just cast John Krasinski in the role becuase he was too old but Pascal is 4 years older than Krasinski.

I really don't like how news outlets take a story with uncertainty (Marvel is in talks with Pedro Pascal to play Reed Richards) and then frame it in more certain ways (Gamesradar has a slightly ambiguous "Pedro Pascal is reportedly set to play Reed Richards in the MCU's Fantastic Four") which is different from all the headlines acting as if it's a done deal.

It's interesting casting.

He's a good actor. He can certainly play smart. I've seen him as Edmund in Lear, and he played that well (This was shortly after his stint in Game of Thrones, which may have led to a younger audience than is typical for Broadway Shakespeare adaptations.)

It's an older Reed especially if this is the first film in a decade or more of appearances, but I'm cool with that.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets